Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DCA and all its...nothing?

I know that there are a lot of people who do not like DCA and others who think that it's just worth visiting 2 or 3 times...

But I for one feel sorry for the park. I think it was made with such good intentions, and Disney was trying to give us more. Yeah I know, it could've been a lot better, but still...

I don't think DCA gets the attention and credit it (should) deserve. DCA had it's 5th birthday this year (ya I know, "5 years old, big deal!") but, they could've used that for...I dunno...a new ride? New...something anyways!
    But because of the 50th, they knew that it wouldn't compare, at all!!
    During the 50th, it seems that DCA has been neglected. Yea, I didn't forget about Monster's Inc. but I still think that something better could've been done (no, I'm not insulting Monster's Inc. at all! It's a great dark-ride).

I also think that Disney is just cramming all things Pixar into the park. Just because the park is newer, doesn't mean that it should only be allowed to have "newer" Disney incorperated in it.

There's so much space that could've been (and probably still can be) used for something bigger and better.

OK, well that's the end of my post. Sorry, for it being so long. Just to let you know, this thread is not meant to bash Disney, the 50th, or DCA in any way!! I was just voicing my opinion. Because, I was looking at some past DLR updates today and everytime I saw pictures from DCA, it was never crowded, even on a Summer Saturday. well...comments, concerns?

One more thing: Do you think that DCA's attendance will go up once the 50th is over?

Re: DCA and all its...nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by gOLDEN bLUE View Post
    But I for one feel sorry for the park. I think it was made with such good intentions, and Disney was trying to give us more. Yeah I know, it could've been a lot better, but still...
    Sorry to burst that bubble, but the only thing Disney was trying to do was increase its bottom line. DCA was created solely to make Disneyland a "resort location" that people would spend more than one or two days at, much like WDW. More days == more money spent.

I still don't get how any of you people can think that Disney is different than any corporation... it's about the money, people! Follow the money!
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

I love DCA!!! We are talking about Delta Cable Association, right?

dont forget block party bash!!!

granted, it wasnt created for DCA's 5th bday but rather for DL's 50th, but still, it does make for a great addition to the park's entertainment offerings

theres so much talk about some kind of "10 year plan" for DCA, beginning with Midway Mania and PP placemaking, i'm hoping that sometime soon Al might have some more info on (at least proposed) plans for the rest of the decade....
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Still wants to be a cat!

For us AP's it's a nice addition and diversion.....For tourists, I've only heard good comments!

Be nice, DCA is still a baby (ok, maybe a toddler).
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Sock Puppet

I agree with almost everyone. Disney's California Adventure, no matter what
    the original intention of creating the park was, is still a nice place to spend a
    few hours.

Also, remember Disneyland had a rough start as well.

• Shaman of the Whills

Ditto.

We love DCA. Well ok, except my son. He says he doesn't like DCA, because "DCA doesn't have the Pirates!". Seeing the Pirates is a tradition. No visit to DLR without seeing the Pirates at least once... or twice...

DCA is a wonderful place to go and relax. We love Redwood Creek... I know, it's corny, but hey...

• official corn dog taster

for this APer its a place to get a glass of wine and take a break from the crowds

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

It was really dead today at DCA....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1846053/3

And as for the Block Party Bash, they are dropping one third of the CM's (120 to 80) that perform in the show this week....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Just Me

Wow!

DB, where is Quiznos going in?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl View Post
    DB, where is Quiznos going in?
    It is going to be in front of the Carousel Hotel on Harbor, very close to the McDonald's....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Blog Entries

Come on, still not even a peep about Epcot getting a celebration for its 25th (granted it's still over a year away but nothing is known yet) and you expect DCA to get a major celebration?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Come on, still not even a peep about Epcot getting a celebration for its 25th (granted it's still over a year away but nothing is known yet) and you expect DCA to get a major celebration?
    Good point.

• For You!

I still love DCA! And it's only going to get better - I love most of the rides and you can't beat the atmosphere and it's a great place to escape the crowds.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Banned User

I do not care to hear " how dead it is" or that it was a waste of space. We love DCA and I go there first when I go to Disneyland. we find it more open, and for one I think the rides there are awsome. I love the shops and I love the feel of DCA you don't like it, big deal, a lot of folks do!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast