Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Figment Fan Extradonaire

Re: What do you most want to happen when you walk down Disneyland's Main Street?

My Disneyland dream would be to...not have somebody in a stroller running over my feet or smashing into my ankles and not even saying "sorry" as they whiz by my mowing 30 other people over LOL. As for it not being busy, I've been to the park where the longest line was waiting all of about 30 seconds in the Space Mountain queue just to get back on for the 10th time in a row. Man I miss those days!

Kongalush! To all you fellow adventurers out there!

• Popular Princess

Re: What do you most want to happen when you walk down Disneyland's Main Street?

Quote Originally Posted by wierdbutloveable View Post
    This isn't exactly mainstreet, but the first aid station is pretty much at mainstreet right? anyways, once I was napping at the first aid station because i didn't feel to well. I think I would have felt a whoooole lot better if Prince Charming or Aladdin woke me up from my deep sleep, carried me off, and let me dance with them down mainstreet in a parade. haha
    i would LOVE that!!!! i would totally want that, too!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    for walt and mickey statue to come to life, *que twilight zone music...*
    Brillant! love it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I want to meet Uncle Walt. I want to drive the firetruck!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Shaman of the Whills

I like the Mickey and Minnie idea. The first thing I'd like to see on mainstreet is a character greeting us. Last week it made my day when Goofy welcomed us right there at the beginning of mainstreet.

I'd like the appropriate music to start up so that I would sing the song "I'm Walking Right Down The Middle of Main Street U.S.A."

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    I'd hope to see Walt greeting guests.
    Amen to that one!

Barring that possibility, I'd like to see more characters out interacting with guests. I love that. Nothing beats seeing a kids face when Mickey or Donald or Marry Poppins walks up to them and just spends some time with them.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Circle of Ancients

Welll....it would be pretty awesome if Disney Dollars started raining from the sky so I could grab a handful and start shopping to my heart's content!

I'd start in Disneyana and pick out prints for every room of my house!!!

• is on the rocks

Hmm - what I'd like to see is pretty simple. Old-fashioned, really. As FigmentFruitcake mentioned, I'd like if it I didn't have to worry about my ankles and toes being rammed by strollers. I'd like to see the return of common courtesy and politeness. I'd like to see people disposing of their trash properly and behaving nicely.

Well, I can dream, can't I?
    She did it!

• Senior Minion

What would I like? Believe it or not, it's already happened a couple of times. I've been able to get in early on "off" days where Main Street was essentially empty. Usually it was on early entry days when most folks were rushing to Fantasyland.

To walk Main Street in the cool of the morning, pretty much having the area to yourself, hearing the music, smelling the smells, looking in the windows--in many ways, it's one of my favorite parts of Disneyland. It'll never get old.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Hayley Mills and her twin to come running out in plaid bikinis singing "lets get together" to me. i bring the jello shots.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

I would love to see a character tunnel. All the characters lined up on main street for us to walk through!

This one time on Friends . . .

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I want to see all the Disney Princesses waiting to greet me.

• Minion FOREVER!

let's see....

It would be fantastic if going down Main Street, the main street loop
    goes to "Right down the middle of main street USA" and Mary Poppins,
    Bert and the Penguins come right behind me!

Yes, this is a scene from the DL Sing-a-long video!!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Wink Re: What do you most want to happen when you walk down Disneyland's Main Street?

I think I'd like to see a new 'place'. I'd like to see a place devoted to a Disneyland Hall of Fame. It would be a 'museum' of sorts that would feature "Disney People". Annette Funicello, Hayley Mills, Kevin Corcoran, Tommy Kirk, Tim Considine....Jimmie Dodd.......etc and so on.

I think what lacks in the "Disney" of today is the lack of nostalgia. So many many people don't know how Disneyland got to where it is today. Many don't know that Richard Nixon was at the dedication of the Monorail in 1959. To me, that's important stuff - but the only ones that know it are those of us that inquired. The average "joe" doesn't know or have any idea. Annette Who? they ask? Only them most popular Mouseketeer and Buena Vista Records songstress. She embodies Disney. How can anyone who know's about Disneyland and all that it is not recall Annette? But there are so many 'unknowing' people walking all over the park all day long. All they know is Mickey and Minnie and that's AWESOME, but there is still so much more. It would be like if you want to Disneyland and just stood out by the floral Mickey Mouse and didn't go any further. That's a great piece of landscape, no doubt, but ther'es 'so much more'.

I think that's the basic problem as to why Disney keeps putting out such lame 'remakes' in my estimation. I mean, NO remake will EVER top "The Parent Trap" with Hayley Mills & Hayley Mills, Maureen O'Hara and Brian Keith. Come on! Who are they trying to fool? But the problem is that these days, no 'youngin' knows who Mills, O'Hara and Keith are....and that's too bad. You can't take the flavor that WALT DISNEY himself put into a movie and try to recreate it 40 years later. I just don't think it works. So instead of remaking, why not 're-release'?

I think a "Disneyland Hall of Fame Museum" would be something I would LOVE to see have 'happened' as I walk down Main Street.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast