•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Labor Day Meet Report - PEZZ Lightyear

No pictures here because I have yet to figure out how to get them to upload/attach and my apologies in advance for any fictional negatives I throw in for dramatic purposes.

It was a hot one today but Mice Chatters were represented!

Went to the HUB and met up with Mickey'sGirl, SocalJoeyB, and his li'l brother (hereafter referred to as JoeyBro) - starting Soph year in HS soon. For their pictures, check out Fishbulb's trip report from yesterday. For mine, check in your post office. Luckily, I had just attended HISTA, meaning that my perspiration level was not quite as high as earlier - when I was training for Gumball.

We sat/stood around for a while, watching Mickey scale the Matterhorn for the first time ever, accompanied by an outstanding sound system. When we could hear each other, we discussed our respective places of residence (after the Disney Park(c)) closes, The different things we have done there recently, why this Disney Park(c) is so special to us, and who suggested this Meet anyway? Barfowatzits?

They were all exceptional people with a real love for the place and I am glad to have met them. (That part is all true.)

Mickey'sGirl had to skip town at 1:00 (you know how that whole Parole Officer thing can be!) so JoeyB, JoeyBro, and I moseyed on down to Big Thunder Mtn RR. The FastPass was not in effect for that ride and the line was non-existant. We practically got right on, barely giving JoeyB and myself a chance to school the youg'un on the mysterious GOAT TRICK. Sure enuf, they kept their eyes glued to that gastronomially gluttonous goat. Afterward, JoeyBro voiced his approval with a hearty "That was awwsome!"

We headed over to Indy, as JoeyBro has not gone during this visit. The wait was only 30 minutes but FastPass started in a little over 30 minutes too, so they got theirs and off we went to lunch. The Plaza Inn only had outside seating, but their chicken is still to die for... or from (and I probably will one day).

We had a great lunch, with JoeyB discussing his future career in psychology and me me discussing how NOT to be in a successful relationship and JoeyBro pretty much wishing we would hurry up and eat already.

Done just in time for our Indy Passes, we tromped over there to indulge in the air-conditioned ruins of the Queue and I finally noticed how the cieling next to the bamboo pillar actually MOVES DOWN when you yank on the pillar. I even noticed how the little "eyes" in the floor (upon which you are not to step) are right underneath huge blocks of rock that are precariously held in place. Color me clueless. I have been going on that ride since it opened and I just noticed that!

The ride itself was great - the "rat" projector was working and it seemed especially bumpy. Also, being in the front row is always a treat.

I said my goodbyes to the Brothers JoeyB and promised to meet again on (or before) the 30th. I hope their trip was a good one, as they have to get back to the book-learnin' soon. In my book, that is more stomach-wrenching than any goat could devise.

THE END
    Last edited by PEZZ Lightyear; 09-04-2006 at 07:13 PM.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

Re: Labor Day Meet Report - PEZZ Lightyear

Yeah, even though it was only 3 (sometimes 4) of us, it still was a great meet. It was nice to meet you!

• Senior Minion

Great report. Nice to hear some of the ride lines were short for you.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Glad you had a great trip, happy that you loved Indy and the rat curtain was working perfect

Walt's love of Trains!

• AKA: Indyiluvu

nice report, what is the goat trick? And i haven't had the rats work on indy in months, lucky!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Thanks for the report!
    so sorry i didn't get to see you again Joey!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Thanks for the report!
    so sorry i didn't get to see you again Joey!
    Yeah I missed you too NNL. I hope to see you again soon. Hopefully you can get a new AP soon!

• Circle of Ancients

Great TR. Sorry we missed you guys in the Hub on Monday.

• /sigh

Wonderful report, PEZZ! I'm sorry E-ticket and I couldn't make it....but from the sound of the weather that day...maybe we don't regret not going and simply sitting in front of the a.c. all day.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Banned User

Haha, My friends were getting mad at me and said i had to go. But my original plan was to stick with you guys the whole day. Next meet, i'm staying.

Sorry about monday.

• Artsy Fartsy

Well I had a great time meeting you Pez. Yeh I had to skip out early, 6 hours drive on Labor day gets a little tired. I'm sure we'll meet up at the end of the month. I'm rooting for you at the Rally!

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    nice report, what is the goat trick? And i haven't had the rats work on indy in months, lucky!
    You look at the goat and keep your head turned the whole time, and the effect is cool!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.