Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• The Purifier

Re: Just returned from DLR... 15 observations

I just got my AP this weekend and I love it. I happily wear it around my neck - not to show off but for easier access. But, I do agree that some APers can be rude and I have been on the recieving end of that one before I had an annual pass.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
    -Walt Disney

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by caamora View Post
    I just got my AP this weekend and I love it. I happily wear it around my neck - not to show off but for easier access. But, I do agree that some APers can be rude and I have been on the recieving end of that one before I had an annual pass.
    Huh? Do you think you were singled out by an APer because you didn't have one? I am confused - Please explain.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Let's face it. There are a lot of people who have been to Disneyland so many times that they have the rides memorized. Some of these people will very rudely shout out the lines with (or worse, before) the attraction. It can be rude and distracting for other guests. But I'm sure that the MANY MANY MANY discussions about this on MiceChat have at least trained our readers not to do so. It must be the less worldly non-MiceChat reading passholders who are the rude ones

As for your other observations. I mostly agree with you, except that I LOVE the new Pirates and Haunted Mansion Holiday overlays.

- Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancr78 View Post
    4. Locals and AP'ers talk quite loud during attractions that are meant to be enjoyed in silence. Rudeness abounds.
    I've never seen it as bad as it was the last time I was there: August 20.

There was a man sitting in the row in front of me at Pirates of the Caribbean, and he was just talking and talking with the other members of his party as if they were in a restaurant or a coffeehouse. I finally asked him if he would mind shutting-up, and he stopped.

He was beyond obnoxious, though, especially when several boats had momentarily stopped and he started yelling like an idiot. It was embarassing and uncomfortable.

Summertime at Disneyland can be miserable, and the clientele is getting worse, it seems.

• I'm not really here

1. I don't like the changes to Pirates.
    Rides were never "complete" in Walt's mind. He was always adding, tweaking, changing, updating as new things became available, inventing new things, etc. It's not an insult to Walt to add to his rides because he would have done it himself. Just my opinion on that one. But there are whole sites devoted to that one

2. The new bride in Haunted Mansion is awesome.
    Very much agree with this one!

3. I enjoyed Haunted Mansion so much more in its original classic state.
    Last year I was subjected to the overrated HMH.
    I thought HMH was fun, but once was enough for me. It's to bright and cheerful to be HM. But I understand it and it's fun for kids and the outside themeing is incredible.

4. Locals and AP'ers talk quite loud during attractions that are meant to be enjoyed in silence. Rudeness abounds.
    I also know some first time visitors who won't shut up during rides. It works both ways. And a lot of the APers are quiet and polite. There's always that very loud and vocal minority to ruin things and give the others a bad name.

5. Strollers apparently make people feel powerful enough to mow down anyone in their path.
    I have no idea what to do about this one other than give out traffic tickets. Seriously, fine people for being a hazard. Stroller or no, you have to follow the rules of etiquette just as everyone else. You don't drive like a mania with kids in the car do you? Why should you when your kids are out in the open on the front of a stroller? I don't get it.

6. The view from Tarzan's Treehouse is amazing.
    I have always loved it up there. And it is generally fairly calm up there to. Even on the busiest of days.

7. DCA should stay open more evenings. Paradise Pier at night is beautiful.
    I second the motion. At night, the PP theme really does come alive.

9. Fantasmic is just as amazing today as it was when it started.
    It makes me cry every time I see it. And I have to see it every time I'm there. If you haven't seen it yet... do yourself the favor and go.

10. Thunder Mountain is much faster at night.
    I wonder if it actually is or if it's an illusion. Either way, it certainly feels faster.

11. The new Space Mountain is just... WOW.
    Agreed! They did a good job on it.

12. Tomorrowland is in dire need of a refurb... or a complete rebuild.
    They are. Slowly but surely. It's happening.

14. The pirates stuff was WAY overdone. Pirates merchandise was EVERYWHERE. Pirate impersonators were EVERYWHERE. ENOUGH!
    It's understandable though. Pirate stuff was everywhere ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. I mean, when a Disney character makes it big in stores like Spencer's and Hot Topic, then you know you've created an icon.

15. Never shop at the World of Disney on the one day you aren't going to Disneyland. Your credit card statement will attest to this.
    Sadly, I can attest to this as well. It's just not smart.
    Glad you had a good time there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Sun Wheel survivor!

5. Strollers apparently make people feel powerful enough to mow down anyone in their path.
    I see this is a continuing problem

• Circle of Ancients

Ryancr78....it was interesting to read your observations!!

• Hooterville, USA

How quickly this thread turned.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Wow, unless you asked every single person who you saw talking and being rude...uh..how did you know they were locals and APer's? Maybe it was said in their loud conversations? I know as an APer I try to uphold the standard of respect others.

Ah once again using that big broom to sweep into a generalization. There are some stroller pushers (raises hand) who try not to kill people with their strollernators.

13. Dole Whips are wonderful.
    Agreed!

14. The pirates stuff was WAY overdone. Pirates merchandise was EVERYWHERE. Pirate impersonators were EVERYWHERE. ENOUGH!
    But..its a Pirate's life for THEM!

15. Never shop at the World of Disney on the one day you aren't going to Disneyland. Your credit card statement will attest to this.
    Huh?

• Disneyland 1st, then food

I have to disagree with #5. I use a stroller for my 2 year old and I feel that a lot of the time people don't watch where they are walking and walk into us. A lot of times, someone will cut us off because we have a stroller and feel like they can just jump in front of us. My point is, people with or without strollers can be rude and on an especially crowded day it can be worse!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    Wow, unless you asked every single person who you saw talking and being rude...uh..how did you know they were locals and APer's? Maybe it was said in their loud conversations? I know as an APer I try to uphold the standard of respect others.
    Thank you! I was going to say this too but you said it for me. Did the OP ask these rude, loud-talking people their addresses or zip codes to figure out they were locals and asked if they each had APs? I doubt it. Shouldn't really talk bad about both locals and AP holders when you don't have the facts.

• We set sail for the sky

Ho hum... To answer the many questions regarding my original about the rude locals and AP's, here ya go...

Obviously I am aware that there are rude tourists as well as rude locals. There are also wonderfully behaved locals and wonderfully behaved tourists. I encountered several of them as well. But OVERALL, it seemed that most of the people that talked loudly at inappropriate points in rides were Socal residents that have the luxury of going to Disneyland as often as they want. No, I did not ask for their zip code or ask them directly where they were from, but I could tell from the context of their conversations and their overall demeanor that most of them were not tourists. Maybe I was wrong to assume this, but I doubt that I was wrong, especially given the fact that park would suddenly become overwhelmed with locals after 6 p.m. and that was when these problems would arise.

• madaboutdisney

I love Thunder Mountain at night! It does feel much faster.
    I Gravitate towards anything that Sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by luvindsnylnd View Post
    I have to disagree with #5. I use a stroller for my 2 year old and I feel that a lot of the time people don't watch where they are walking and walk into us. A lot of times, someone will cut us off because we have a stroller and feel like they can just jump in front of us. My point is, people with or without strollers can be rude and on an especially crowded day it can be worse!

I totally agree.....it's like being on the freeway and you give extra space from your car and the car in front so that you don't rear end them and then some jerk slips his car into the small space between your car and the other car. And we don't have a braking system on these strollers.....they're not easy to manuveur around. I try and stay in a straight line whenever possible. That being said......I'm sure there are plenty of parents/grandparents out there that are oblivious when pushing a stroller and run into people's ankles.....

• Rock Star Minion

1. I don't like the changes to Pirates. The ride is not ruined per se, but the additions were quite intrusive and didn't make any sense to me. Geoffrey Rush's voice should never ever ever ever have been chosen to replace the classic "Pound em lads, pound em!" captain.

2. The new bride in Haunted Mansion is awesome.

3. I enjoyed Haunted Mansion so much more in its original classic state.
    Last year I was subjected to the overrated HMH.

6. The view from Tarzan's Treehouse is amazing.

7. DCA should stay open more evenings. Paradise Pier at night is beautiful.

8. Disneyland should keep its longer summer hours schedule until AFTER Labor Day.

9. Fantasmic is just as amazing today as it was when it started.

11. The new Space Mountain is just... WOW.

12. Tomorrowland is in dire need of a refurb... or a complete rebuild.

13. Dole Whips are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Handy links to discussion posts:

Are you saying that these observations have already been observed by others here?? How could that be??
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast