Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• We set sail for the sky

Just returned from DLR... 15 observations

1. I don't like the changes to Pirates. The ride is not ruined per se, but the additions were quite intrusive and didn't make any sense to me. Geoffrey Rush's voice should never ever ever ever have been chosen to replace the classic "Pound em lads, pound em!" captain.

2. The new bride in Haunted Mansion is awesome.

3. I enjoyed Haunted Mansion so much more in its original classic state.
    Last year I was subjected to the overrated HMH.

4. Locals and AP'ers talk quite loud during attractions that are meant to be enjoyed in silence. Rudeness abounds.

5. Strollers apparently make people feel powerful enough to mow down anyone in their path.

6. The view from Tarzan's Treehouse is amazing.

7. DCA should stay open more evenings. Paradise Pier at night is beautiful.

8. Disneyland should keep its longer summer hours schedule until AFTER Labor Day.

9. Fantasmic is just as amazing today as it was when it started.

10. Thunder Mountain is much faster at night.

11. The new Space Mountain is just... WOW.

12. Tomorrowland is in dire need of a refurb... or a complete rebuild.

13. Dole Whips are wonderful.

14. The pirates stuff was WAY overdone. Pirates merchandise was EVERYWHERE. Pirate impersonators were EVERYWHERE. ENOUGH!

15. Never shop at the World of Disney on the one day you aren't going to Disneyland. Your credit card statement will attest to this.

• It's all about Theme!

Re: Just returned from DLR... 15 observations

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancr78 View Post
    1. I don't like the changes to Pirates. The ride is not ruined per se, but the additions were quite intrusive and didn't make any sense to me. Geoffrey Rush's voice should never ever ever ever have been chosen to replace the classic "Pound em lads, pound em!" captain.

I loved the captain and am so mad to see him go!

Amen!

8. Disneyland should keep its longer summer hours schedule until AFTER Labor Day.

Yea!

I noticed that as well

They are working on it!

We all know that!

14. The pirates stuff was WAY overdone. Pirates merchandise was EVERYWHERE. Pirate impersonators were EVERYWHERE. ENOUGH!

I love the band!

15. Never shop at the World of Disney on the one day you aren't going to Disneyland. Your credit card statement will attest to this.

Mine Did!
    Sorry for my comments being on the quote!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• I met Walt Disney!

To comment on #4: While I was at DL today, I thought the same thing. I am an AP, but I have felt so self concious lately about how most of them (or us) act, that I keep my passes hidden while I am there! I was thinking today how sad it is for families to spend hundreds to come to the resort for the first time, only to have rude locals cheapen their experience.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

what did you think of Remember? if you got to see it.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• You Spin Me Right Round

dont sterotype the APers, thaat is very, very annoying. How do you know they are APers???

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by DLDCALVR View Post
    dont sterotype the APers, thaat is very, very annoying. How do you know they are APers???
    You don't; but just as some people have that "tourist look" some people have that "AP look". You can probably figure it out just by talking to them (or hearing them talk to someone else).

Now I just became an APer a few weeks ago; but I've been a local for years. Still, I don't go that often, so I try to treat every trip as a special event. APers just typically have a habit of knowing to much for their own good, perhaps.

• Banned User

I agree. do any of the current board of directors (and imagineers) realize that walt disney himself personally oversaw the planning and construction of the pirates of the caribbean ride???????? to change the ride is an insult, not just to him(disney) but the others who helped him with the ride
    2. The new bride in Haunted Mansion is awesome.
    I agree. however, i prefer haunted mansion the way it was. no changes, no holiday overlays.
    Last year I was subjected to the overrated HMH.
    oops, I got a head of my self. see my answer to #2. it also applies to this one
    4. Locals and AP'ers talk quite loud during attractions that are meant to be enjoyed in silence. Rudeness abounds.
    bingo!!!! last time I was at disneyland the nitwits in the haunted mansion were screaming and hollering so loudly that I could not hear the storyline.

5. Strollers apparently make people feel powerful enough to mow down anyone in their path. AND ARE ALWAYS IN THE DAMN WAY. COME ON FOLKS THERE ARE DESIGNATED AREAS TO PARK THEM WHEN YOU GO ONTO A RIDE OR ATTRACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The view from Tarzan's Treehouse is amazing.
    ''NUFF SAID. HINT FOLKS: EXCELLENT PHOTO OPS. YOU WANNA GET PICS OF DISNEYLAND, WELL, YOU KNOW.............

''NUFF SAID.

I AGREE. AND OPEN THE SHOPS AND RESTAURANTS WHEN THE PARK(S) OPEN, NOT ONE TO TWO HOURS LATER. AND DOWNTOWN DISNEY(OR AT LEAST ONE HOUR AFTER THE PARKS OPEN)

I HAVENT SEEN IT YET, BUT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FUN

10. Thunder Mountain is much faster at night.
    I HAVENT BEEN ON IT IN AWHILE. IS FUN THOUGH
    11. The new Space Mountain is just... WOW.
    I HAVE HEARD. NEED TO SEE IT
    EISNER SHOULD HAVE LEFT IT THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE HE SCREWED IT UP. I AGREE

YEPPERS. verrrrrrrry good stuff

..... i'll get back to you on this one.

.....I'll get back to you on this one.

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

I hang my head in shame at the truth of that statement.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

-Monorail Man

• Loves Disney

musiken To comment on #4: While I was at DL today, I thought the same thing. I am an AP, but I have felt so self concious lately about how most of them (or us) act, that I keep my passes hidden while I am there! I was thinking today how sad it is for families to spend hundreds to come to the resort for the first time, only to have rude locals cheapen their experience.
    I Have always kept my pass and my gf's pass in my wallet. I really don't get whats the cool thing to show everyone you are a ap card holder. To me I think having it out and showing everyone you take to is when i was in school and the one kid had the best shoes and rubbed it in everyones face going look what I got and you don't feeling.
    Disney Analyst what did you think of Remember? if you got to see it.
    It was canceled I believe.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

dont sterotype the APers, thaat is very, very annoying.
    I could not agree more. Everyone pays (and pays and pays) to make their way in, and spend a day at the resort. One person is no better than another. Jerks come from all over, with all kinds of different tickets...and the same is true for the vast majority, who are polite and treat others with respect.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Defying gravity

Monorail Man, you have too much time on your hands.... *shakes head*

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

The additions make sense to the new crop of Pirates fans who only know the attraction from the film. For those of us who have known the POTC Disneyland ride from the beginning, the new changes are less jarring than for those youngsters who only know it in "Jack Sparrow" terms.

2. The new bride in Haunted Mansion is awesome. Yep!

Last year I was subjected to the overrated HMH. The overlay is fun and The Mansion always returns to it's classic state.

4. Locals and AP'ers talk quite loud during attractions that are meant to be enjoyed in silence. Rudeness abounds. Yep. SHUT UP! I'm not really impressed that you can speak along with the Disney tape. I want to experience the Disneyland ride... not YOU!

5. Strollers apparently make people feel powerful enough to mow down anyone in their path. "Hi. I made a baby. I'm more important than you!" 50 million years of Darwin says, "Uh... no."

6. The view from Tarzan's Treehouse is amazing. The view from the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse was even more amazing!

7. DCA should stay open more evenings. Paradise Pier at night is beautiful. DCA, in general, is more beautiful after dark.

8. Disneyland should keep its longer summer hours schedule until AFTER Labor Day. If I had my way, Disneyland would be open 24 hours per day!

9. Fantasmic is just as amazing today as it was when it started. Frankly, I'm bored with this show.

10. Thunder Mountain is much faster at night. Perhaps.

11. The new Space Mountain is just... WOW. Yep!

12. Tomorrowland is in dire need of a refurb... or a complete rebuild. Where is 1968 when you need it? I AGREE COMPLETELY!

13. Dole Whips are wonderful. Yep!

14. The pirates stuff was WAY overdone. Pirates merchandise was EVERYWHERE. Pirate impersonators were EVERYWHERE. ENOUGH! But my Disney stock is doing jes' fine. When you got it, flaunt it!

15. Never shop at the World of Disney on the one day you aren't going to Disneyland. Your credit card statement will attest to this.Disney stuff is a rip no matter when or where you buy it. Please keep buying it. I want my stock to go even higher!
    This line is added so MiceChat will let me post!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Shaman of the Whills

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLoon View Post
    I Have always kept my pass and my gf's pass in my wallet. I really don't get whats the cool thing to show everyone you are a ap card holder. To me I think having it out and showing everyone you take to is when i was in school and the one kid had the best shoes and rubbed it in everyones face going look what I got and you don't feeling.
    I dunno. I have my AP ticket hanging around my neck. Not to show off, but to make it easier to get to for buying stuff and getting fastpasses. I used to have it in my wallet, but when in DLR I use it so often that I got tired of whipping out my wallet about 2 dozen times in the midst of masses of people...

• Sun Wheel survivor!

And how do you know who the loud talkers are? They could be anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by musiken View Post
    To comment on #4: While I was at DL today, I thought the same thing. I am an AP, but I have felt so self concious lately about how most of them (or us) act, that I keep my passes hidden while I am there! I was thinking today how sad it is for families to spend hundreds to come to the resort for the first time, only to have rude locals cheapen their experience.
    Huh? There are rude tourists (as well as rude locals). I am not ashamed of my AP status. I too have spent hundreds of dollars to enjoy Disneyland. When it comes to visiting the park - we are all PAYING guests. Rude people (tourists included) are everywhere - don't give them the power to cheapen your experience.

Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 View Post
    You don't; but just as some people have that "tourist look" some people have that "AP look". You can probably figure it out just by talking to them (or hearing them talk to someone else).
    Now I just became an APer a few weeks ago; but I've been a local for years. Still, I don't go that often, so I try to treat every trip as a special event. APers just typically have a habit of knowing to much for their own good, perhaps.
    What is the "AP look?" Obviously CMs can't even recognize it as many APers are asked by mistake to take the "toursist" survey. Hm m m knowledge isn't an evil thing - it is what you do with that knowledge that might have negative consequences. Again, being an APer isn't a negative thing and doesn't turn most folks into obnoxious know it alls. There are many tourists (or infrequesnt visiters) that are obnoxious and know it alls.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLoon View Post
    I Have always kept my pass and my gf's pass in my wallet. I really don't get whats the cool thing to show everyone you are a ap card holder. To me I think having it out and showing everyone you take to is when i was in school and the one kid had the best shoes and rubbed it in everyones face going look what I got and you don't feeling. It was canceled I believe.
    Again, I refuse to hide my AP status. Many wear their passes around their necks for convenience (not to flaunt it). Many tourists do the same. I don't know - but just because someone is wearing a lanyard with a passholder doesn't mean they are an APer or doesn't mean they are flaunting their AP status. And what's to flaunt? - I don't get that - please explain. Again, we are all paying guests that should all be treated the same when inside the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I could not agree more. Everyone pays (and pays and pays) to make their way in, and spend a day at the resort. One person is no better than another. Jerks come from all over, with all kinds of different tickets...and the same is true for the vast majority, who are polite and treat others with respect.
    So true!

Why are you so down on APers? Please explain.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast