A weird Parade of Dreams today (9/4)

Today after the meet I watched the 3:15 POD on the benches across the entrance from Tommorowland. First if all, there was a wierd show stop pattern to the parade. Usually the show stop in this area is Ariel (I've seen it here 4 times). Today there was a show stop with the Tink float. There was also a showstop with the Lion King and Castle floats. The floats were also spaced very far apart.

Second of all, it seemed some characters, especially Ariel were miked and making specific comments. Has anyone ever seen this happen before?

• It's all about Theme!

Re: A weird Parade of Dreams today (9/4)

I can say that on hot days the parade opperates with less stops and sometimes the floats do get out late!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• You Spin Me Right Round

and Ariel is always Miked

• My silly Friend Ariel

I remeber 1 time when I saw the POD it didn't stop at all. It just when on. It was on the most hottest day in CA when this happen. I have this felling when it comes back after Christmas the POD will be just like that. I hope I am wrong. Cause I love to see Peter Pan,Cinderella,Prince Phillip and others get off the floats and sign and dance to the song and I also love to see Snow White skip down from the float with Doc also I like to see them with that flag they wave. So I really hope it does not change when it comes back after Christmas

• Banned User

Sometimes it runs slower so it stops more I've noticed. I don't mind, I like seeing them get off the floats and dance.

• Basking in birthday love

If it's hot, they'll only do two show stops. If it's really hot, they won't do any. That's just how it goes.

• Defeats the Huns

Parade of Dreams WILL come back with show stops. All the specialty acts need the stops. aerinpegadrak is right -- if it's hot then two show stops, hence the weird stop patterns seen on 9/4. And REALLY hot, it will go by without stops so that the performers don't pass out from heat exhaustion.

• Shubisha

It seemed like it was having a few difficulties on 8/30 with the computer triggering the 2nd showstop, or a lack of communication between the control center to the drivers, or a lack of communication that if they'd cancelled showstops or not. I have no clue but from observation it seemed to not register they were ready for the 2nd showstop so the floats sat there longer than usual waiting, and it almost seemed like they overrode it and forced them manually to start... and the synch between floats/background speakers sounded a little off. Then they didn't bother stopping with the 3rd showstop at all. Then for the 7:00 parade they stopped for the 2nd showstop but it didn't go off so they didn't wait too long and just started driving again until they got into position for the 3rd showstop.

• Queen of Sarcasm

It was Heat Index 2 on Sunday so that means there is only two show stops. That might cause for the unusual positioning of floats.