Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What's Behind the Door?

On my last day at Disneyland, I ran across this door next to First Aid. The sign on the door said "Wish Lounge". I was curious. I took a picture of the door. I did not try to open that door. I did go into the First Aid station right next door. I spoke to a cast member in there and asked him what the "Wish Lounge" was. He said that it had something to do with the new "dreams" promotion by Disney.

Anyone shed any light on this?

• Neep meep beep

Re: What's Behind the Door?

Wait, how did the shed get involved in this? Oh wait, "shed some light"... I get it. I'm assuming that this is where lucky guests that win elsewhere in the park go to redeem or obtain their prizes, no matter what they may be, right? I'm sure we'll find out soon!

I believe that area is set aside for use by Make a Wish and their park guests for special meet and greets and whatnot.

I have no idea. Possibly a re-naming of the Baby Care Center?

Or maybe, the CM was actually correct and it does have to do with the new promotion, I'll look into it.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet View Post
    I have no idea. Possibly a re-naming of the Baby Care Center?

Or maybe, the CM was actually correct and it does have to do with the new promotion, I'll look into it.
    It is near where the Baby Care Center is located. It is definitely a separate door, and right next to First Aid.

• Dumptruck of Information

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    I believe that area is set aside for use by Make a Wish and their park guests for special meet and greets and whatnot.
    You are correct. Confirmed with the RN's next door at First Aid, the "Wish Lounge" is for Make A Wish. They will be using it as a resting area for the children when they start to become tired throughout the day. It's use is so that the children can recuperate for a short time before returning into the park and yet not have to leave the park to return to their hotel.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thank you for the information. I was intrigued. I knew that a knowledgeable MiceChatter would provide me with an answer.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by CaptPhoebus View Post
    They will be using it as a resting area for the children when they start to become tired throughout the day. It's use is so that the children can recuperate for a short time before returning into the park and yet not have to leave the park to return to their hotel.
    Now that is an interesting concept.

• Boat shoes all day long

I know what's behind that door.
    Care for a little factoid? A little info-bite? Sure you do!

WISH, in this case, stands for Walt's Imagineering School House.
    Behind this door is the original Imagineering training facility. Prior to the last two decades, rather than pulling imagineers from existing positions at other companies, Disney used to train their own. Believe it or not, the small room behind this door was the birthplace of many of your favorite attractions, and even some films!
    Unfortunately during the Eisner Era, where upkeep seemed to have missed the list of high-priority, WISH fell victim to dust and decay. When it was finally approved for renovation, a respectable replica would have been impossible to re-create without any original design layouts.
    With no better ideas, it was decided that the Wish Lounge become a storage room for sanitary towels and multi-purpose cleaning supplies.

I realize the truth can be upsetting, that is why I offer this bit of hope...

A very reliable cast member, one who has always given me information that has proven to be accurate, sat down with me for an interview. This is a written recording of that interview:

ME: Mr. _______, thank you for your time. I understand they are looking to make some changes to the Wish Lounge. Could you fill me in on anything you have heard thus far?

CM_______: No.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Disneyland Cast Member

The door between Central First Aid and the Baby Care Center was the Lost Childerens Center. It is a small room connected to CFA with a TV, DVD player and chairs for kids. They watch movies until their parents are found.
    Last edited by Disnerd; 09-07-2006 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disnerd View Post
    The door between Central First Aid and the Baby Care Center is the Lost Childerens Center. It is a small room connected to CFA with a TV, DVD player and chairs for kids. They watch movies until their parents are found.
    Correction: WAS. Again, the Wish Lounge now occupies the former Lost Childrens' area. I believe Lost Children are now sent to First Aid... But I could be wrong

h
    Last edited by MonkeyDishwasher; 09-05-2006 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Doubles... my bad :)

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

I thought it was the place with the wingback chairs and the fireplace, where they bring you martinis and snack mix until you've turned to jello.
    Or is that the Hearthstone Lounge?
    Well, whatever it is, martinis and snack mix would certainly have a place in my Wish Lounge.

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptPhoebus View Post
    You are correct. Confirmed with the RN's next door at First Aid, the "Wish Lounge" is for Make A Wish. They will be using it as a resting area for the children when they start to become tired throughout the day. It's use is so that the children can recuperate for a short time before returning into the park and yet not have to leave the park to return to their hotel.
    When I was young it was the parents that needed a rest, not the children!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Correction: WAS. Again, the Wish Lounge now occupies the former Lost Childrens' area. I believe Lost Children are now sent to First Aid... But I could be wrong
    No. Lost children at Disneyland are now doomed to forever wander the Earth. that's what their parents get for not being attentive.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast