Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Neep meep beep

News: Finding ways to fight "Disneyland Depression"

The article quoted below comes from: http://www.mickeynews.com/Columns/Di...asp_Q_id_E_737

"On the one hand, if you must be addicted to something, Disneyland is an excellent thing to be addicted to; it's non-narcotic, it involves nothing illegal, and you can probably say that you are addicted to it without your face burning in shame. On the other hand, the withdrawals you experience with this disease can be even more devastating than those faced by chocoholics or yoga addicts. Because Disneyland is, after all, the Happiest Place on Earth, it is very difficult for us DA's to be away from it. Nothing in normal life is as good as the thrill you get while screaming through the dark on Space Mountain, or seeing Sleeping Beauty's Castle for the first time as you run down Main Street. And so we Disneyland Addicts continue to suffer through everyday life, waiting for that day when we'll be back in our "Happy Place."

More at the link above.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Re: News: Finding ways to fight "Disneyland Depression"

Tell me about it! Our AP's expire on Oct. 10th and we might move to Ohio so I'm not allowed to buy new ones. I already show signs of being a DA (like being on this site), but now I cannot go to DL!!

AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!
    Foolish Mortal

• Zero Blockout Dates

Heck, I'm Jonesin' for a trip to DLR right now. If only they'd put in a coffee shop that opened really early in DTD then you could go really early watch the sunrise over the park with a cup o' joe and a bagel...and be first in line to get in.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Minion

WOW, so tue
    Happy 4000 posts btw froggy

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I can totally relate. I made the HUGE mistake of moving to Tacoma Washington. I was and still am in a depression for Disneyland. *points to siggy*

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati View Post
    Heck, I'm Jonesin' for a trip to DLR right now. If only they'd put in a coffee shop that opened really early in DTD then you could go really early watch the sunrise over the park with a cup o' joe and a bagel...and be first in line to get in.
    You and my husband! He finds that the early morning mocha he craves is very elusive on property. He wakes up in the dark every morning anyway, doesn't need an alarm, but he does love his coffee. Gimme a Diet Coke and I am happy. I bring my own from home to avoid paying the outrageous vending machine prices.

My way of fighting "Disneyland Depression": MiceChat and looking forward to the next trip. Roll on, October!!!

• Banned User

Ahaha.

• All you need is LOVE

Congrats from on 4k

• xmanmom

Wow, there is now a name for what I suffer.

(BTW, is that your son froggy? SOOOO CUTE!!)

The worst is when the depression starts on your last day in the park because you know it's going to be 2 years before you get back. I'm not looking forward to October 12th...my last day in Disneyland this year.

• My laughing place

Wow, my medical condition now has a name !! I see this as a life long condition and something I DONT want a cure for !!
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Not living in a country lucky enough to be blessed with a Land O' Disney, there was - all joking aside - a very depressing couple of days after I left Anaheim. I even enjoyed the atmosphere of being in Downtown Disney.

Mind you, it may have also had something to do with it being the end of my holidays for one year.

Either way, I've been thinking about, planning or generally looking at Disneyland related stuff since I got back. Mind you, it is hard to tell the difference because I was doing that before I left.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

being in the midwest the locals don't understand this illness...... they think six flags or cedar point is a worthy subsitute.... but i digress. disney is a superior expirience and a lovely high

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

As I head towards my car at the end of a visit, I'm usually already thinking about my next trip to Heaven, er, Disneyland. But I've found a way to seriously take the edge off. I've finally gone to the parks alone. And now use it as 'exercise'. If you walk from the parking structure to the park and back again...one mile. And then, if you carry a backpack, full of bottled water, on a hot summer day and take pictures of every land in each park...well, it's a gooood workout. Sure, I don't ride anything, but I just need to relax. Mellow. Because withdrawls make me mean. And twitchy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

haha, I've had this illness ever since I was a small child...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast