Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Neep meep beep

Rockin'... California Screaming?

From this site, comes this shocking news:

Cast members were definitely caught by surprise, however, by last week's announcement that "Rockin'" would be even bigger than that announcement implied. Not only will Space Mountain switch full-time to Rockin' Space Mountain beginning this January and run through April 2007 but DCA's California Screamin' will get a Rockin' makeover as well. Beyond a new soundtrack on the DCA attraction it is unclear that there is anything else that could be done to remake the attraction but from January through April they'll be "rockin' both parks." (Sorry for that, but that was the official wording in the announcement.)

• Zero Blockout Dates

Re: Rockin'... California Screaming?

On Screamin' too?!!!

Management seems to be getting stooooopider each passing hot summer day.

Now they're even taking "Disney Music" away from us and replacing it with "Pop Music". If the videos of the RockitMountain Grad Nites (<--Links to YouTube Video) are any indication of what this is going to be like, it's gonna suck. IMHO Hobastank Mountain SUCKED. Just another reason to bring the iPod to the park with you.

I know some folks like the RockIt concept but I for one think it's just another one of those unbelievably stupid things Disney does from time to time
    that will upset as many, if not more, fans than it will make happy.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Circle of Ancients

Not a big deal for Screamin' IMO. You won't hear it, most of the speakers on the ride don't work.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Not a big deal for Screamin' IMO. You won't hear it, most of the speakers on the ride don't work.
    LOL so true! I love that ride, but have only heard it 1 time with the music and I've ridden it at least a dozen.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    maybe this will make them work... lol so come late april, you can actually hear the sondtrack that was made for it...

• n/a

Wow... first time I saw that Rockit video... wow...

One more way to attract more riff raff. Why not doing something to attraction Disney loyalist, like "ride like it was in 77" or something.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• The one, the only...

Making Screamin a Rockin version has various problems:

1) The sound system does not work in most of the trains. I went yesterday and heard it working in the Green train, but I have never heard it before. I imagine that it might only be the green train that has working speakers.

2) Because you are outside, music gets lost very easily. The speakers are behind the ear, not in front like a car has. Because of that, sound quality is weak at best with the sound of wind through your ears.

3) People don't ride screamin for the music. Changing the music, which few hear anyway, will not have an effect on the ride. Space Mountain is an experience since it has rich theming. Screamin' is just a roller-coaster. Nothing special. New music or different music is not enough theming to make a difference. Now if that ride had the Rockin Roller-coaster theme of driving through LA traffic, that would be WAY more fun. But of course, the ride would have to be indoors.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• love my friends

I know that screamin was going down this week for 6 months.. we all figured (the cm's) it was to add a new ride in that area (which i think they are doing aways) as there is hole everywhere in the back stage area by screamin..maybe they are tkaing this time to refurbish it as well

Friends for life

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    I know that screamin was going down this week for 6 months.. we all figured (the cm's) it was to add a new ride in that area (which i think they are doing aways) as there is hole everywhere in the back stage area by screamin..maybe they are tkaing this time to refurbish it as well
    Midway Mania is going back there. So that may be what those holes are for.

The one time I have been on California Screamin' I did hear the music, but mostly only during the launch. If anything, I think the idea is just to sort of leach off any sucess that Rockit Mountain may have. If it is a truely worthy experience then people, having also heard about a "similar" treatment to California Screamin' may head over to DCA to give it a try.

• I'm not really here

The music, though admitedly not the reason for riding California Screamin', definitely adds to the ride. And when it has been working, it has been very easy to hear. It was even easily audible on my video of the ride, and the camera was a good 2 feet in front of the speakers and had wind whinning through the microphone. When they work, the speakers are incredibly good.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I wish they'd just get those friggin' waves working. I saw an old video on youtube and the crashing into the launch was a cool effect. It can't be that hard to fix; every waterpark in the country has a wavepool. And lack of thematic guestures such as the waves is what Screamin' critics always bring up.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati View Post
    On Screamin' too?!!!

Management seems to be getting stooooopider each passing hot summer day.

Now they're even taking "Disney Music" away from us and replacing it with "Pop Music". If the videos of the RockitMountain Grad Nites (<--Links to YouTube Video) are any indication of what this is going to be like, it's gonna suck. IMHO Hobastank Mountain SUCKED. Just another reason to bring the iPod to the park with you.

I know some folks like the RockIt concept but I for one think it's just another one of those unbelievably stupid things Disney does from time to time
    that will upset as many, if not more, fans than it will make happy.
    Actually, all reports claim that the Hoobastank soundtrack was a placeholder soundtrack. When Rockin' Space Mountain actually debuts in January, its rumored that we'll get an all-new soundtrack, probably Disney-composed as opposed to lifting a track off of some rock band's latest album.

Quote Originally Posted by phruby View Post
    Nothing like reprinting articles from other web sites to up your post count.
    Wow.
    Nevermind starting a discussion about something that is relatively new information, and is beginning to be reported by more and more reputable Disney web sites, right?
    I guess we ought to just start another discussion about how we all hate the DisneyParks logo, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    Interesting! Is the 6-month refurb actually confirmed? Everybody is still saying that info is unclear, and that currently Screamin' is going down for a 4-day refurb in October. What day of the week is Screamin' going down?

Quote Originally Posted by HotelNeptune View Post
    As for myself, I'm wondering why they're only doing this "Rockin" change for 3 months? What sort of a weird promotional opportunity is this? And is it worth the time, money and effort for such a brief period? Especially if it won't be done properly... I would much rather they just go back to the night time concept. I really liked the idea of there being two entirely different ride experiences depending on what time you go on, I think that's a fantastic idea... again, if executed properly.
    It seems like a gimmick to boost off-season crowds this spring. And probably an excuse to allow the Budgeteers to skimp on the cash flow to really truly get these concepts implemented at their best quality.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Maybe after this "Rockin' California Screamin'" promotion or act ends, they could actually have the original ride music play. That was such great music and now it never works. It seems like they pay no attention to little or big details to the two big attractions of DCA: Screamin' and Soarin'[but that's another story]. I don't like the way this promotion is going.

• Banned User

I can't wait to see this happen!

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

As long as they choose songs that can fit into the ride style and what-not...than its ok with me i guess...but i like that beach/boardwalk soundtrack for Space Mountain...oh well

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast