Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• Neep meep beep

"Mr. Lincoln's" fate more tenuous than originally thought...

From this site comes the following:

"...Lincoln's future actually seems to be on a bit of a tightrope and this may actually create an opportunity for your opinion to have an impact. Apparently a budget has been created for returning Mr. Lincoln to the theater for summer 2007. However, no commitment to actually spend that money and do the project has been made. The existence of the budget is no guarantee of it happening, but without a budget it certainly couldn't. So, when the 50th Anniversary comes to an end at the end of the month and Steve Martin is still showing at the Opera House, if you feel strongly about Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln returning, be sure to stop in at City Hall and say so.

This may be one of the few situations where plans are uncertain enough that sufficient guest comment could sway the ultimate outcome. ..."
    Last edited by RobotMirror; 09-05-2006 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Shorter quote

• Minion

Re: "Mr. Lincoln's" fate more tenuous than originally thought...

Yeah, I read that on MP.
    I personally won't miss Lincoln AT ALL

• I meant to do that.

Meh, I don't mind if he doesn't come back. I would like to see something new go into the theater.

• Minion

That wonderful space could be used for something so much better than that tired, relic.

And before anyone attacks me for saying that, I saw the attraction at the NY World's Fair in "64 and thought it was astonishing and loved it for several more years at DL.

• Curiouser and Curiouser

They should keep the Lincoln AA, maybe move it to Disney Gallery or create a new show with a presidential debate ala Hall of Presidents in Magic Kingdom.

• Minion

Put back Walt's heartfelt original Lincoln show, or move on. The replacements (since the early 80's) have all been dreadful by comparison.

In the meantime, why not screen the new version of Walt-centric "One Man's Dream" with Julie Andrews replacing Eisner (as at WDW)? All that would cost them is two prints and a new sign. - - And bring back Walt's office to go with it.

• I'm not really here

As cool as Lincoln is (and was), I think it's just about time for something new to move into there. I do think it needs to be something about America (Main St USA after all) and something quite patriotic as Walt was a very patriotic person himself. I do think we need to stick with the theme of the "land".

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

I want to see it back.

It just gives Disney another reason to install another retail store. That's the last thing we need at Disneyland.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 09-09-2006 at 12:27 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

I say leave the Steve Martin movie in there, it's a cool movie to show people who don't know much about Disneyland so they actually learn a thing or two. I could care less about Lincoln.

I would vote for putting something else in, if I had confidence that Disney had the vision and showmanship to put in a worthy replacement.

From what I've seen from them in the last ten years, they don't.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Sshhh, being very quiet

You know I have yet to see the show that replaced Lincoln.

• It's all nonsense

Someone start a petition to make Mr. Lincoln's AA the next hatbox ghost!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post

In the meantime, why not screen the new version of Walt-centric "One Man's Dream" with Julie Andrews replacing Eisner (as at WDW)? All that would cost them is two prints and a new sign. - - And bring back Walt's office to go with it.
    I like this idea. Only good thing about going to see Lincoln was to be in a nicely air-conditioned theatre with comfortable seating. One could take a nice snooze in there. I wouldn't miss it at all if it was gone for good.

• Disney Trading Post Lover

I would like to see it back, however if it does go, I am in favor of either keeping the current film or making another all about Walt and Disneyland... Something to spark our memories of things past and hope for things future. I think Walt would like that.
    Robert J Collins
    Founder, Disney Trading Post
    http://www.disneytradingpost.com/
    Dinsey Classified Ads
    http://www.disneyclassifiedads.com/

• Santa Barbara, CA

Lincoln is in rehab hell, too many redos have made him a dog. Put in a Walt AA and be done with it.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast