Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

Billy Hill gone?

Went to see the B.H. show yesterday and discovered that the GH is going down for a refurb today. The approximate downtime is 2 weeks and the Billies have been told that they are coming back, but with all the music acts being cut, one has to wonder.

Anyone have any info? I chatted with my friend Jan Vincent, who has more info on the Billies then anyone, and she's not certain about the show coming back.

I swear, that if they cut the show, I'm giving up my A.P.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• I'm not really here

Re: Billy Hill gone?

I hope they don't cut that show! We've never laughed quite that hard before. Was hard to eat. And we didn't have any idea there was going to be a show. Just decided to eat, saw a box on stage open and sat there. When the show started we had the time of our lives!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Sun Wheel survivor!

• The one, the only...

I was there yesterday. I believe that Billy will be bad from what Al said, but I am more concerned about the Golden Horseshoe. What kind of "refurb" could that place need? I know that in WDW they have gutted the hall there and basically made it a character meet and greet. My concern is that they will remove the bar, and thus the food service completely. The place needs a bar for the western motif.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• I'm not really here

Hopefully it's just a "fix-it-up" kind of refurb. Paint, wallpaper, moulding, etc. Clean it and get it back up and running.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I spoke with one of the sound guy's last week and he said the refurb would include new sound equipment and maintainence. He was hoping the floor would get resurfaced as well. Part of the "bar" is going to have ice cream added to it which will add to the variety of food available.

As for the Billys, he said they wanted a vacation and would likely take a week off and use the rest for rehersal.

However nothing with the Billys was set in stone so vacation or alternate venue is both a possibilty. He did not indicate in any way that the Billys would not be returning.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I understand the refurb will last about a month, so you will have about 4 weeks without the Billy's.....

The normal Alternative Venue is not available, as it will be closed for preparation of Halloween Time events.

I also heard the announcement made at the 1 PM show yesterday, and the Billy said they would not be available for public viewing (rehearsing backstage).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• My laughing place

Lets hope its gone. That show was a poor replacement for the Golden Horseshoe Revue. I look forward to the day that a good show will be there. It has needed one for a long time.
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

• n/a

I've also been told that the kitchen needs a major overhaul.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Silent Lucidity

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    I've also been told that the kitchen needs a major overhaul.
    Read that one too!

• The one, the only...

I am looking forward to them being back.

I know that it has been a long summer and the group deserves a break. I think it is disappointing that they don't have a Holloween location for them to appear. I would love for them to develop a special Halloween show.

I am really hoping that Disney does the special Halloween time up big!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by DsnyFvr View Post
    Lets hope its gone. That show was a poor replacement for the Golden Horseshoe Revue. I look forward to the day that a good show will be there. It has needed one for a long time.
    Are you insane!? There isn't anything else to put in the Golden Horshoe. The Billy's have a large fan group.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by DsnyFvr View Post
    Don't be a hater. Or, as Thumper was taught, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all!"

The Billies are rather popular...every time I go to see a show the room is totally full. I love them! I don't think they'll be rid of anytime soon. For a while they've been drawing more of a crowd than Laughing Stock from what I've seen...

• Animatronic

Geez, there was no sound equipment in 1850. The theater has great acustics. They just need to get can can girls and vaudville performers back!

• insufferable know-it-all

I wish they ran shows there all day long, not just during daylight hours.

Maybe Billys during the day and can-can girls at night, wouldn't that be nice? Many's the time I've passed the GH, only to discover I'd missed the last show.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast