Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    AP's...Help me do the math!!!

    OK, our AP's are up for renewal next month. Here's the question...

    I've got one PAP and four DAP's. Of course, we get the $20 discount and 20% coupon for renewing, and our expiration date will be the same.

    We already have a room booked at the Resort for the Thanksgiving week, so we'll be there then.

    The four DAP's will be blocked out for the T-Day w/e. Mine won't.

    We wouldn't mind enjoying the Park on T-Day for a short time (we also will be enjoying the Buffet at the Hotel), but we usually do other parks on the friday and saturday.

    Should we wait and buy a parkhopper pass at the gate and enjoy the Parks for the w/e and then upgrade to our usual AP's at the end of the three days or just renew them now and be done with it. $30 to enter day will more than make up for the $20.00

    What do you think???

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    • Sun Wheel survivor!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    456

    Re: AP's...Help me do the math!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    OK, our AP's are up for renewal next month. Here's the question...

    I've got one PAP and four DAP's. Of course, we get the $20 discount and 20% coupon for renewing, and our expiration date will be the same.

    We already have a room booked at the Resort for the Thanksgiving week, so we'll be there then.

    The four DAP's will be blocked out for the T-Day w/e. Mine won't.

    We wouldn't mind enjoying the Park on T-Day for a short time (we also will be enjoying the Buffet at the Hotel), but we usually do other parks on the friday and saturday.

    Should we wait and buy a parkhopper pass at the gate and enjoy the Parks for the w/e and then upgrade to our usual AP's at the end of the three days or just renew them now and be done with it. $30 to enter day will more than make up for the $20.00

    What do you think???

    Thanks!
    I don't know but can you tell me about the $20 off and 20% coupon deal?

  3. #3

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,679

    Re: AP's...Help me do the math!!!

    Buy the parkhoppers, and upgrade.

    Math:
    1. Renew now and spend $30 per day for blocked out tickets = $209 + $90 = $290 per person. $209 of that now (which you won't use until November), for a discount that allows you to waste the discount on blocked out tickets. Certainly, renew your PAP with the discount. Only trouble is that your passes won't expire on the same dates. Shouldn't be that important, though.

    2. Buy parkhoppers, then upgrade = $229. PLUS you get more days, starting late November instead of October. Unless you plan to go before Thanksgiving, this is the better option.

    I'm not even an AP holder. Math is universal information.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  4. #4

    • Still wants to be a cat!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2.4 Miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    7,149

    Re: AP's...Help me do the math!!!

    Math sounds right, but remember you have to spend an evening at our house......!!!!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!


    - Wolfette

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,669

    Re: AP's...Help me do the math!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    I don't know but can you tell me about the $20 off and 20% coupon deal?
    If you renew in the 30 days prior to expiration, you get a $20 discount on DAP and PAPs. (DAP is $209, PAP is $329 during this time.) You will also receive a coupon worth 20% off on shopping. But, you cant use it on certain items.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  6. #6

    • Sun Wheel survivor!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    456

    Re: AP's...Help me do the math!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    If you renew in the 30 days prior to expiration, you get a $20 discount on DAP and PAPs. (DAP is $209, PAP is $329 during this time.) You will also receive a coupon worth 20% off on shopping. But, you cant use it on certain items.
    Cool - I will have to keep that in mind. Do you keep your original renewal date? And thanks for the info
    Last edited by minnietoo; 09-05-2006 at 05:37 PM. Reason: added text

  7. #7

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: AP's...Help me do the math!!!

    As a follow-up...

    I posted the original thread from my terminal at work (shhhh!!!) and they were shutting the system down for updates, so I didn't get to finish my questions.

    More than likely, we would only get a blockout pass ($30) for one day, not all three, so the additional cost would be $30. not $90 (thanks though for your response). By waiting and buying the parkhopper, we would get a bonus by being able to enjoy the Parks for the three days rather than leave the Resort for other destinations (like in the past-Knott's, Legoland, etc...). But with the T-Day crowds that w/e, would it really be worth it???

    So it looks like passing on the renewal and getting a parkhopper would be the way to go. I guess???

    Would the upgraded AP then expire a year from the upgrade date or from the original purchase date of the parkhopper?

    Just curious, since if it expired on the date of the upgrade, we could squeeze in our T-Day trip next year (or actually not, since the passes would then require a blockout purchase...back to square one! LOL)

    I have never done it this way, even though we have been AP'ers for at least 17 years now. I've always just renewed prior to expiration.

    Oh!!! One more thing. Our renewal price is at the old (current) price. I've heard that they were going to increase the AP prices. I don't know when though...

    I just got to thinking...Which can be dangerous!!!

    Thanks again!
    Last edited by PirateMickey; 09-05-2006 at 06:16 PM.

  8. #8

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: AP's...Help me do the math!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    Math sounds right, but remember you have to spend an evening at our house......!!!!







    That sounds GREAT!!! Looking forward to it!

    BTW...Which pass would I need to get in? AP or Parkhopper???



  9. #9

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,679

    Re: AP's...Help me do the math!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    But with the T-Day crowds that w/e, would it really be worth it???
    Meh. You're going anyway. Why bother coming down for the long weekend if you're not going to Disneyland? Some other crappy park? Bah! That's just more money added to your trip.

    Thing is, even if you don't use all the parkhoppers, you're still paying only the $229 for the AP. Buy a 3-day, go only two, redeem for an AP. You don't really waste the one unused day.

    AP will be effective first day of use of the Parkhopper, not the purchase date (which might be today).

    If AP prices go up, just do what everyone else does: go five additional days. That'll learn 'em.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  10. #10

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: AP's...Help me do the math!!!

    /\ /\

    Thanks!

    I like the idea of going five more days to cover the price increase...

    We usually are there for a week. Wednesday through tuesday. This year wed-wed, so even if we spend the w/e at DL, we can still check out the other Parks (and grab a Tiggerific meal at Wolfy's!!!)

    Enjoy!

Similar Threads

  1. How do CMs do the math?
    By Werner in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 12:04 AM
  2. Math Problem!!!
    By DisneyDan24 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 09:06 PM
  3. Your Age By Chocolate Math
    By TinkPink in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 08:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •