Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Better late than never, my DL Birthday Trip Report

I was lucky enough to do a road trip from Montana to Las Vegas, to Disneyland, LA and up the coast to Seattle for my honeymoon many years ago.
    Last year when I couldn't attend Disneyland's big birthday I started making plans to do a similar trip for Disneyland's 51st. After I started planning, I stumbled across MiceChat, started posting like crazy and made many good friends along the way.
    That made the planning for this trip more special as it grew to include many new friends.

Since I'm so late with this, it will be a short trip report with pictures to tell the tales.

But 1st a few thanks (names have been removed to protect the innocent):
    To the families who let me crash as part of their vacations, thanks.
    To the kids who let me hang with them and play the fun "aunt", thanks.
    To the girl who claimed to love being antisocial and spent the time waiting to get back on Pirates explaining it to me, thanks.
    To the friend that opened their house and considered me family, thanks.
    To the group that had lunch with me at the Blue Bayou on my birthday, many thanks.
    And to my special club, happy memories, lots of hugs and love and many, many laughs, thanks for being so welcoming of my husband and I. We both can't wait to do it again

Ladies and gentlemen, you are such a wonderful crowd, we'd like to play a little tune for you. It's one of my personal favorites and I'd like to dedicate it to a young man who doesn't think he's seen anything good today - Cameron Frye, this one's for you.

• Banned User

Re: Better late than never, my DL Birthday Trip Report

woooo hooo I have been waiting for this trip report. let the report begin

• Minion

bring on the report!! the more pics the better

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Day 1: Basic boring road trip starting in Helena, MT and ending in Salt Lake City, Utah. No pics, we had a late start and drove straight thru from 6pm to 1 am and crashed.

Day 2: We got an early start and headed for Las Vegas. We rolled into town around 3pm and checked into the MGM Grand and got ready to head down the Stip. Stopped at Margaritaville for a frozen concoction to start our trip off right. Hopped over to The Mirage to pick up our The Beatles Love, Cirque du Soleil for later that night and continued casion hopping down to The Wynn. Then I made my poor hubby walk all the way back to MGM Grand to change for our evening. Walked back to Margaritaville for dinner (yummy crab cakes and libations!) and then up to Mandalay Bay to finish off our tour of The Strip. We finished the evening off with The Beatles Love show, a drink, The Fountains at the Bellagio. A most incredibly romantic and enjoyable evening. Although my husband complained that it was pretty evident I was trying to kill him with all the walking!!

And that's all for the sneak peek. I will finish and post pics tomorrow!!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Tease!!!!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Again! Again! Again!

Woot!! Can't wait!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

What?! I saved this one for last knowing it would be the best and now I have to wait?

You are a tease! And, of course, I love you dearly for it.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

A few pictures from Vegas!
    I must also send out a public apology to disneytim! We had planned to meet up with him in Vegas for a drink and 1) I didn't put his number in my phone before I left home , 2) I wasn't going to pay $12 bucks to hook up the internet at the hotel and 3) in my exuberance of being in Vegas and consumption of a few wonderful frozen concoctions, it never occured to me I could have called someone to get his number, we didn't get to meet him!! I felt so bad about that and I kept hoping he would call me and he was being respectful of my planned romantic evening (we were celebrating our anniversary which was the previous week) that he knew we had planned. Next time, my friend!!

K with a pretty showgirl

Me at M&M World,Pirates are everywhere:

A few from outside The Beatles, Love theater:

Last edited by MTNGIRL; 09-06-2006 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Shout out to SultanTim :ghug:

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Day 3, Saturday: We got up suprisingly early give our late night and many miles of walking excited to meet up with new friends and get to Disneyland. We arrived in Anaheim in the early afternoon and after a few attempts to cross the highway we made our way to our wonderful hotel, Sheraton Anaheim. I can't say enough about this hotel. Our room was huge, the Sweet Sleeper beds lived up to their reputation and the grounds were lovely. It is a walkable distance to the front entrance of DL or past the parking structure into Downtown Disney.

When we arrived at the hotel we started communication with D-Mom and All Aglow on when they would be reaching the park. We had coordinated hotels and were wondering if they would be arriving soon so we could leave for a BBQ together. They were, 15 minutes out by On-Star and they would check-in, D-Mom would change and then we could all travel together. Needless to say, it was an hour and half later before we were on our way to Huntington Beach.

This was my 1st IRL meeting with anyone and it was incredibly funny. K and I wandered into their room which was filled to the brim: D-Mom, 2 D-Kids, All Aglow and AA Kid 1 and kyleicious. Not an awkward moment to be had, hugs were given and it was like I'd known these people forever. D-Mom never stopped from her pre-party preparations, All Aglow gave me a b-day present and books she'd been meaning to send me for months and Kyle gave us our 1st report on how he works for a celebrity.

Off to G4's for a lovely BBQ where we meet many more people that I'm happy to now call friend. Good food, good booze, many laughs and hugs and backrubs all around.

K and I left early so that we could spend a few hours in the park (it was open till midnight) and see Remember. We hadn't been to DL since 2001 and we were giddy!

The 1st time through the gates!

After the park closed and after receiving many TM's, we wandered through Downtown Disney toward the DL Hotel and found our way to The Lost Bar. A few people had been dropped here after the BBQ and they had met up with people traveling from Sacto for a quick Hi! My 1st meeting with Jennidisneyfer and LightBeer was wonderful. We had a full table and K and I stayed for 1 drink, loud laughter and views of some people who might have been a bit underdressed for public. K and I walked back to the hotel with plans for AA to TM us when their group was up and going and we would meet up at the park.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Day 4, Sunday, Meet Day!!
    I'll just post pics from this day since we did so many things and we met so many people. Highlights of the day: Meet and pics at the hub, lunch at The Plaza Inn, "We Broke Pirates!", and many hugs and much laughter. This was my 1st meet and everyone was very welcoming and it was great to put faces with names. For anyone a bit afraid of going to a meet, just go, look for someone who you've seen in other trip reports, introduce yourself and they'll help you meet the group. Don't be shy, I can promise you, you'll be happy that you did!!

DMCA group picture

Poor Fishy trying to take many, many pics of the DMCA!

All Aglow and mamabot smile for the camera with me

O'Nut can always find the camera

Hector and MABM

A family of sorts, LightBeer, Tinkerbelle and her wonderful daughter

All Aglow, Cindebella, disneytim, J-Diz's friend and J-Diz all try and hide from the camera

It takes a village, Hector, G4, sunnygirl, Anders, MABM and All Aglow

D-Mom, Fishy and G4 discuss how hungry D-Mom is. Get the girl some food, Stat!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Next up, lunch at The Plaza Inn!

sunnygirl and I share D-Kid2

D-Mom finally gets her coveted Cobb salad and Tinkerbelle

Kids table

All Aglow (and no, she hadn't been drinking), Tinkerbelle and G4

D-Mom joins the kids table

My favorite alterna-couple, Villians Fan and O'Nut (I'm sorry I can't remember your tablemates name). I waited patiently to get O'Nut with his mouth full. I was coveting his t-shirt which is one for the next winter Olympics!

G4, the Dusty-Fishbulbs and friend.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Excellent! Keep 'em coming!!

I feel like I'm there again.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I had to go to work! Blech! Stupid real life!
    I'll post the rest tonight!

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL View Post
    Day 4, Sunday, Meet Day!!
    Poor Fishy trying to take many, many pics of the DMCA!

OMFG! That is the worst picture of me ever!!! LOLOLOL I look like a mallrat with a stutter
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post
    OMFG! That is the worst picture of me ever!!! LOLOLOL I look like a mallrat with a stutter
    Honey you couldn't look bad if you tried

Great report Pattycakes!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast