Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

Exclamation Save the Crockett Canoes!!

Hey all,

I am a Cast Member new to the resort this summer, and after spending a great summer out on the Rivers of America spieling to all the fun guests we have gone officially gone to limited hours after this past labor day. Now, as far as I can see there isnt any real good reason to do this, especially with all the refurbishments coming up in the next few weeks. The real danger is that the Canoes wont come back up to full time again, even when the next summer season rolls around. I am doing all I can on the inside to get this classic attraction up and running year-round, but if the guests who really do like this ride, or at least are happy to see us crossing river stage, whould step forward and say something to town hall, or to the managers in the park, it may make all the differance. Help me keep one of the few original attractions alive, stand up and fight with me please!

Re: Save the Crockett Canoes!!

Cmon guys, alot of people depend on this attraction to pay the bills.

• Neep meep beep

Sure - do you mean City Hall? I hear every year the rumors that the canoes aren't coming back, but every summer, they're back, and packed with a line, but I definitely will support you in this.

When I was in City Hall yesterday filling out a cast member compliment form, I heard one of the CMs telling another guest that you can fill out compliments online through Disneyland.com. I went home last night and looked for that part of the website, but couldn't find it. Does anyone have a link?

• The one, the only...

I hope that the canoes don't go away. Even if you don't ride them, they are fun to see on the Rivers of America. I know that in the past they have been a weekend only thing. But I hope that Disney does not get rid of them.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I would help, but the problem is I live hundreds of miles away from the good ole DL .

• Up is Down

They try to say every year that they wont come back then they do I would not worry about it.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Just a puppet on a string

I remember this being said about the canoes about 10-15 years ago and almost every year since. But I will gladly chime in at City Hall when we get there in March 2007. I like them and now the kids are old enough to enjoy them, too.

Greenie

"Think of a wonderful thought!"

"Any happy little thought?"

Freedom is a word I rarely use without thinking.

thanks alot guys! I had such a great summer out there that I want to make sure others can have as much year round!

I hope that is not true, I love the canoes. When I first visited DL they were such a nice little addition to the river. I don't remember MK ever having them (but I've heard they did) and wish they would come back.

Not to mention the canoe boys and their costumes aren't too bad either

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Sure - do you mean City Hall? I hear every year the rumors that the canoes aren't coming back, but every summer, they're back, and packed with a line, but I definitely will support you in this.

When I was in City Hall yesterday filling out a cast member compliment form, I heard one of the CMs telling another guest that you can fill out compliments online through Disneyland.com. I went home last night and looked for that part of the website, but couldn't find it. Does anyone have a link?
    Ask and you shall recieve:
    www.disneyland.com/contact

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aenobarbe View Post
    thanks alot guys! I had such a great summer out there that I want to make sure others can have as much year round!
    The canoes are great. But every year at this time, they cut the hours of the canoes. And the hours will increase again during the peak times. I haven't heard rumor that they plan on closing this. This is most likely the SOP for this attraction.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

What everyone else said. I had a friend on canoes this summer as well, but they didn't hear of any such rumors.
    They prove popular enough during summer and weekends to keep around, and the kids love them.

Semi-off topic post.
    I have always enjoyed the canoes. This summer we went on the canoes and the CM had such a dark sense of humor. I thought it'd be like the Jungle Cruise-type sense of humor, but it was so dark that it just stopped being funny. People really wanted to laugh but by the middle none of us felt like giving courtesy laughs. I Think the CM was trying to be self-depricating, but it just ceased being funny and was just about woe is me i work on this crap ride and woe is you for choosing to ride it! When my relatives came from Ireland last week, we purposely didn't go on the canoes b/c the last canoe trip was such a downer.

• Minion

I have never been on the canoes, but am planning to this time!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

It would certainly be a shame if they failed to return. As a huge Davy Crockett fan, I was looking forward to taking a ride on them, not realising that they were seasonal only. Unfortunately, when I went last year, they were closed.

I was kind of hoping they'd be open on my next trip...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast