Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Know this is reaching a bit, but. . .

What do you think the chances of there ever being a sleepy hollow attraction. It's one of may alltime favorite cartoons--it simply isn't Halloween without it--and I think the chase sequence is ripe for a ride design. Heck, even HolidayWorld made a barely themed ride based on the premise. I guess my basic question is, with the current emphasis on Disney money makers--Pixar, Pirates--is there any chance of an older Disney concept ever making it into a ride, or are we due to have a Boy Meets World dark ride in five years?
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Know this is reaching a bit, but. . .

Oh, I absolutely love the idea of a Sleepy Hollow ride, simply because it is one of my strongest childhood memories. I can totally see a trip through the covered bridge, with some pumpkin 'heads' being 'thrown' at you.

I don't think we can ever discount older things being pulled out, as all it takes is an exec with a penchant for the nostalgic and the Imagineers are sure to be fond of some of the older cartoons, but I think for the near future, the powers that be will be attempting to create 'synergy' with their other properties.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• For You!

That would be a really fun dark ride!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• just the beernecessities

Thumbs up Re: Know this is reaching a bit, but. . .

Sleepy Hollow......Great idea!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i'd love to see it as well...too bad we dont' have THAT much influence over the powers that be
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Shablagoo!

I imagine that it will be more likely if they were ever to build a villians themed land or park. A steeplechase style ride might be cool too.

• The one, the only...

Great Story! Sleepy Hollow is a wonderful story which lends itself to a wonderful ride.

I am not sure if current Disney management would see that. If it has not been in theaters in the last five months, then they pretty much treat it like it never happened.

I have always mantained that movies do not promote park attractions, but a good attraction, as Mr. Toad, promotes the characters from that movie. I would love another dark attraction for DCA. They need more kid rides. I know. People will complain that it does not have to do with California, but neither does Monsters nor Muppets nor Bugs nor Midway Mania. Disney has pretty much ignored the California theme so why not put a good attraction in to DCA for a change?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i'd love to see it as well...too bad we dont' have THAT much influence over the powers that be
    Or the laws of physics. There's not a whole lot of room in Fantasyland, where such an attraction would be perfect. Replacing an attraction brings out the vocal partisans. Storybookland, IMO, could be replaced. Casey Jr. could be replaced. But the vocal partisans will fill the internet with anger.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

i think it's a rad idea. though my real dream is a new ride not based on any Disney cartoon... you know like , space mountain and the matterhorn ,just good theming without the film tie in..

My Maleficent tattoo

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

A Sleepy Hollow dark ride could be very fun. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it wouldn't be relevant enough to contemporary audiences--and that's a shame.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

this is a great idea...but...they might interpret it differently and add a Johnny Depp AA to the attraction! AHHAHAH!!!!! Excusses, excusses! As long as its true to the original cartoon and not a halfway rendition loosley based on the Tim Burton Film, complete with a Christopher Walken AA *shudder*

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    i think it's a rad idea. though my real dream is a new ride not based on any Disney cartoon... you know like , space mountain and the matterhorn ,just good theming without the film tie in..
    Who says it has to based off the Disney cartoon? The Legend of Sleepy Hollow is one of America's classic stories, just because Disney did a rendition of it doesn't mean they can't do a different version for a ride. Especially since the film itself is one of the more obscure Disney films.

As for places to put the attraction: Big Thunder ranch could easily be remade into Sleepy Hollow, if the Fantasyland theatre is ever destroyed a slew of attractions could fit there, there is even the motorboat cruise area where the Nightmare Before Christmas ride was to be placed.

I even think you could work it into the same spot as Pooh. Rip out Pooh, expand the showroom to include the nonused buildings around it (Mile Long Bar, Teddy Berra's Swinging Arcade) and use the covered bridge which still exists there.

I have mentioned my ideas the ride itself before, using the technology they planned for Indiana Jones such as the bug seats from TTBAB. The ride vehicle would sit on three points of contact in triangular formation, the front point would be attached to the track, while the back two points would sit on rotating wheels. The result is that the ride can make simple turns and the back wheels would spin out giving the ride a more out of control feeling. The wheels would also be free to bounce over terrain giving the ride an "Indy" feeling without the expensive vehicles.

The ride would be a classic Halloween ride where guests travel through all sorts of creepies and crawlies in the forest in their escape from the headless horseman. Snakes, spiders, bats, etc. This is where the bug seats would be especially fun. You could also have the rat effect from HISTA.

• Closed Account

Thematically, it does present problems.

The story took place in New York, in the post-Colonial days. So that really precludes it from predominately-European themed Fantasyland, 1830s - 60s Frontierland, or North Woods themed Critter Country.

It would be a far better fit, say, in Liberty Square in WDW.

• I'm not really here

I think that's an excellent ride idea. The story is so rich and wonderful. And ride built around it would be a lot of fun. As for where to put it, it fits best somewhere between NOS, CC and Frontierland, but knowing WDI, they can work it in pretty much anywhere they want. If they can get HM into Fantasyland, they can work a Sleepy Hollow ride in to.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Since Disney's version of "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" debuted along with Mr. Toad in the 1949 feature film The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad...and Mr. Toad got a ride...I don't see why we shouldn't be giving Sleepy Hollow at least a 50% chance of ever being built (or not being built...depending on how you want to look at it ).

Or perhaps we should reduce the chances down to 25% of ever being built...as they removed Mr. Toad from Florida's Magic Kingdom?

I was never good at math or odds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast