• The one on the left.

Captain Locke and Lord Mesron's DL Trip Report

Saturday Sept. 2.
    It was a dark and stormy night morning when Lord Mesron and I left for the airport to catch a flight to the Happiest Place On Earth. For once we did not have to walk all the way to the end of the terminal to catch our plane, only half way. Thankfully there were no delays and we were soon airborne. Arriving at LAX we collected our luggage, made our way to the Super Shuttle and about an hour and two stops later we arrived at the Disneyland Hotel. After checking in and dropping off our bags in our room we headed to the park.

Lord Mesron at the entrance to the park.

We immediately started off towards the Enchanted Tiki Room and were right on time for the show. After this we went directly to the Jungle Cruise where there was only a 10 minute wait and 5 minutes of that was walking through the queue. While on the ride we saw these fellows having a rather pointed conversation.

The rhino was sure getting his point across.

Apparently even the hippos were affected by the heat.

Yawwwwnnnn.

This next guy was enjoying his day just a little too much.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrp!

Meanwhile it appeared that these poor fellows were suffering from allergies.

Achoo!

And this poor fellow forgot to keep himself hydrated on such a hot day.

He looks dry as a bone.

All in all it was a great cruise. Now I'll let Lord Mesron continue.
    Ooo, heaven is a place on earth.

• EXTERMINATE!!!

Re: Captain Locke and Lord Mesron's DL Trip Report

And now I will pickup after where Captain Locke left off. After survivng our treacherous journey through the rivers of the world we were ravenous. We dined on some fine food at the Bengal Barbeque.

After lunch we moved on to New Orleans Square we we took a three hour cruise, er I mean we sailed the seas with a bunch of scallawags.

Boy did that plaque really have to go!

After surviving the pitched battle with those blackguards we took a leisurely cruise down the Rivers of America on the Mark Twain.

What a handsome devil this deck hand was!

After tying up back at the port we ventured into some scary territory. We were forced into these things called Doombuggies and were taken for a tour through this dark and foreboding place. At one point we were even forced to take a dive out of an attic window into a creepy graveyard below. Boy was this fun! (This is our favorite ride, btw!).

After surviving our tour through the supernatural world we wandered over into the place of dreams. NOT THOSE DREAMS! There we sailed the skies with Peter Pan, took a wild ride with a Toad, helped some dwarves rescue a princess, fell down a rabbit hole and had tea with a mad hatter.

Later that evening we dined at the French Market. We then rode the rails over to Tomorrowland where we helped Buzz Lightyear battle the evil Emperor Zurg. Unfortunately Captain Locke scored higher than I.

By now the clock had struck eleven and we hurried back, ok we moseyed back, to our hotel before we turned into pumpkins.

To be continued...
    Good day Citizen!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Great report so far
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• For You!

So far - so Great! Can't wait for more pictures and running narrative!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

what a fun read so far! can't wait to read more
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• The one on the left.

Sunday Sept. 3

Morning came too quickly. But having completed the morning routine we found ourselves on the way through Downtown Disney heading to the park.

Along the way we found this poor soul. I could see that he had walked his feet off.

Talk about sore feet.

Continuing along we stopped at Brennan's for breakfast and having fortified ourselves for the day ahead made our way to the park.

We started with a ride on the omnibus to the hub and walked into Tomorrowland where we rode Star Tours. Next it was decided to head over to Critter Country where we rode everyones favorite Winnie The Pooh. Continuing our whirlwind tour we went to Fantasyland and were able to ride Mr Toad again with very little wait. We rode the Casey Jr Circus Train.

Casey at bat? No, wrong Casey.

Now we looked at the time and strolled over to the Noon meet.

Unlike DustySage and Fishbulb we were not running late.

We arrived to meet Crazy Legs, Al, Judimouse, Barbaraann, SocalJoeyB and others that have slipped my mind temporarily. (Sorry.)

Barbaraann and Lord Mesron's mustache.

I was very happy to meet Barbaraann. I was afraid that we would have missed her since she came out the previous week.

Proof that we were both there. (photo courtesy of Judimouse)

In case you are wondering the camera adds about a hundred pounds. Ok, maybe it doesn't. Boy maybe I can hire Katie Couric's photo department however.

While we were there we saw Mickey Mouse climb the Matterhorn.

He made it!

After the meet we went to Coke Corner for some lunch and then a relaxing ride on the train.

Goofing around on the train.

From there we strolled across the esplanade into DCA.

We rode Monster's Inc. for the first time. This was a fun ride. Then we went on Muppet's 3D. I always love this. Walking around later we found this guy who appears to have made off with the Muppet 3D glasses.

Stolen Muppet glasses.

Later we took in Golden Dreams. Nothing beats a comfortable air conditioned theater.

We saw It's Tough to Be A Bug. Maybe someone can help me out on this but I don't remember the spiders coming down from the ceiling on this attraction in WDW can someone please set me straight?

After this we strolled around the park and found the sun.

Favorite Son? Mom always liked you best.

I was shocked to find these dilapidated buildings in a Disney park.

Stopping off for a cold drink we found these Tiki Gods.

Captain Locke practicing to be a Tiki God. Or perhaps Gene Simmons.

In case you didn't know Tikis were named such by European explorers. Since the original statues were carved by sea going peoples they used the wood the knew best, Teak. Well the Europeans showed up and saw what kind of wood they had used and knowing the value of it proclaimed Teak, Eee God! And so they are now known as Tiki Gods.

Well I hate to do this but it is getting late. I will have to continue this report tomorrow.

Nice reports guys!

About It's Tough to be a bug, at DAK I always remember the spiders being part of the show

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Great report so far!!!! Looking forward to seeing more!! Man I wish you guys could come back out again in December!!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Neep meep beep

Excellent and hilarious!

• EXTERMINATE!!!

Evening of Sunday, Sept. 3rd

After a cool, refreshing drink among the Gods we went in search of nourishment. This great search of ours took us by a slice of heaven. Unfortunately, I could not convice Captain Locke of this.

All hail the King!

Regretfully passing this by we ventured into the wilds of Downtown Disney. There we put our name in at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen for a table. We were told it would be about 30 minutes, so we told them we would be at the bar. Too bad they were off on their estimate by about another half an hour. Other than this we enjoyed a fine meal. Captain Locke had the Shrimp Creole, while I dined on the Jambalaya. We both started the meal with a spicy Gumbo. While dining we were able to listen to the fireworks display. Unfortunately we could not see them, though, while in the restaurant.

A place of wonderful delicacies.

When we finished our evening repast we slowly made our way back to our hotel to rest and recover from our long and fun day. While walking back we discovered that it is indeed true, the stars do come out at night.

Digout the sunglasses, for he is shining bright!

To be continued...
    Last edited by Lord Mesron; 09-07-2006 at 05:07 PM.
    Good day Citizen!

• The one on the left.

Monday Sept. 4

Morning came extra early today. We prepared ourselves and headed to the park for Early Entry. This was our last day and we had only about an hour to do what we could. As soon as they opened we went to Tomorrowland and one last ride on Buzz Lightyear.

A great morning Buzz.

Following this we walked quickly to Fantasyland. Here we walked right onto Alice in Wonderland. Afterwards Lord Mesron decided to see if he could outscare Monstro.

Speaking of Monstro, our next ride was to be Pinocchio's Daring Journey.

Once again this was a walk on. Three for three so far. Let's see if our luck holds true for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Sure enough it was only about a two minute wait for even this venerable ride.

We hopped on Snow White for one final ride to end our trip. Next a quick photo in the Peter Pan Golden Boat.

Unfortunately we now had to head back to the hotel to get our bags and check out. We stopped at Brennan's again on the way by and picked up some delicious beignets. Allow me to say that while enjoying these treats I proved once more that one should not wear a black shirt while eating anything covered in powdered sugar. Needless to say I was beginning to look like Casper the Friendly Ghost.

Well much as I hate to say it that concluded our trip. It was an uneventful flight home. Now the longing sets in until we get to do it again.

• EXTERMINATE!!!

Though our trip may have ended, I do have for you some great, never before seen, behind the scenes shots.

The world famous backside of water!

The seldom seen backside of rope drop!

And last but not least...

The backside of Captain Locke! Eek!

As Fishbulb would say, The End.
    Good day Citizen!

• Neep meep beep

Great ending! The pictures, and the commentary, were hilarious - thank you to BOTH of you for a great trip report! I hope to meet you at the next trip, and thanks again.

• Popular Princess

that was awesome!!!

thanx for allowing those of us who weren't there to be able to share in the fun through a very detailed and picturesque trip report.

btw-you just made a miserably long week into a much better one! i haven't laughed that hard in quite some time!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland