• AKA: Indyiluvu

Talking My Space Mountain Experience

I went on Space Mountain first thing when I got to DL today and got a fastpass even though the wait was only 10min in the afternoon!

After a few hours I went back to use the FP and grabbed annother one for later. After the ride, when we were returning to the loading area, instead of stopping to unload, the rocket kept going forward. Then the CM asked us if we wanted to ride again!!!!

I was like, heck ya!!! As we got the the end of the countdown and started the ride the second time, the CM's voice came over the loudspeaker and said something to the effect of "attention space travellers, all rockets are in a holding pattern". They said something else but we were moving toward and away from the speaker and the music was still playing so I could't hear it all clearly.

Then our ride came to a complete stop about 2/3 through the ride. About 30 seconds later the lights all came on!!!! I've allways heard stories, but never thought that it would happen to me!!

They came on the loud speaker apologizing about the delay and told the people in line they could wait or leave. We were stuck in the ride for 20 min with the lights on and then two CM's walked out and one pushed us down the track. I was on the right side and we made a right turn and I was sideways looking like 20 feet down to the concrete! Scary! Then the exit tunell was wierd with the lights off, like strips of lighting stuck all over the walls and cieling. The flash even went off to take our pic!!!
    Then we came arround and waited in our rocket in the loading area for like 20 more min, while everyone in line was staring at us!! They tried to start the ride again but had problems. They finally got it going again and asked us if we want to ride AGAIN!!!!! So we did a third lap, this time with no problems. So I was on the ride for about 45min total.

I ended up coming back and using my second fastpass and riding againg at closing before I went home as that is my tradition to ride SM last and I couldn't let the FP go to waste. The CM recognized me from when we were stuck in the loading area and she was like, "back for more"?

I got to ride five times and only waited in line three times!!

This is the third time something wierd has happened to me on Space Mountain in the last couple months.

A month or so ago I was riding with TicTockDragon and the music stopped durring the ride and a couple weeks ago our rocket was pulled to the left before the ride started and we had to walk through the cage area where they have all the computers and video monitors! But this was the craziest!!! Maybe it was because of the full moon out tonight?

I took a few pics with my camera phone, inside but it is 4 years old and the camera is a piece of junk and i just realized I had is set at low (160x120) which makes it even worse, so you probably can't see much but here they are annyway.

Just wanted to share, thanks for reading.

• Up is Down

Re: My Space Mountain Experience

well they were letting you go again because it was getting backed up because people take to long loading and un loading.... Happened to me before but you are lucky to see the terror with the lights on!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    well they were letting you go again because it was getting backed up because people take to long loading and un loading.... Happened to me before but you are lucky to see the terror with the lights on!
    Did the lights come on for you too?

• ...TWO BITS!

My 08/24/06 trip I saw a group of people go through the ride twice without getting out. Kinda wondered what was going on, but still figured it had something to do with loading. Thanks for sharing the story

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i would love to be inside SM with the lights on, i bet it was very interesting to actually see how tightly put together the tracks are. lucky!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i would love to be inside SM with the lights on, i bet it was very interesting to actually see how tightly put together the tracks are. lucky!
    From where we were when we stopped we couldn't see the whole room. There was a giant metal sheet that went in an upward slope in the middle that blocked a lot of our view. But you could see a lot of the track. There was annother rocket stopped on the track above us to our left and our rockets were waiving back and forth to each other. Oh and there was a DL bithday sticker stuck on the wall next to me which i thought was amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    I was a guinea pig to test the brakes when it first opened in '77. 8 hours of riding Space Mountain...with the lights on. Trust me, it's a much better ride with the lights OFF. (The tracks aren't that tight.) I liked it cuz it was overtime, and it was the most money I made working there!
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Senior Minion

That was cool Indy. One time with Bornieo and a bunch of MC folk we were on Space and the "warning signal" came on and they moved us through for a second run also! It was great. We must have rode space about 5 times that night.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    Did the lights come on for you too?
    It looks like they were trying to prevent a cascade by sending rockets through the station quicker but were unsuccessful as you made your 2nd trip.

Nifty. I've always wished I could do those two things, ride it with the lights on and have a second go without lining up again. Thanks for sharing!