Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

Re: Tower of Terror, "Little girl lost" reference

The prop in the ToT queue that stands out in my mind is the phone from the episode where the kid talks to his dead grandmother on said phone and she tries to get him to kill himself because she's lonely. My dad loved that episode. He'd always repeat the line "Grandma... is that you?"

I need to get more pics. I think RoseRedAngel used to have a whole list of the props which is why she yoinked all my DVD-R's with all the Twilight Zone incarnations on them and watched them without me
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I have TONS of pictures of props...but on my un-used desktop. I need to get all my D-land pics out of that computer.

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    Awesome! Thanks, I remember that episode! Is it in both librairies and where is it located exactly?
    I believe there's one in both libraries.

And the lobby has quite a few references too. I like to think the doll on the couch is Talking Tina...even though it doesn't look like her.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    In the library there is a white envelope with ROD STERLING written on it...guess which epi that is from?
    That's the one where this guy creates his wife by describing her, talking into a dictating machine, and keeps the tape in the envelope with her name on it. And then at the end, when Serling comes out for his "outro" speech, the guy has an envelope with the TZ creator's name on it, as if he created him, too.

I went to a private event for the opening of the ToT, and the Imagineers who worked on it gave a very nice presentation. I recall the number 93 being bandied about. I can't remember if it was 93 references to various episodes (some of them multiple references to the same episode) or if it was references to 93 different episodes. Either way, there's a lot in there! (and I believe this count includes items in the libraries and the lobby)

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    I went to a private event for the opening of the ToT, and the Imagineers who worked on it gave a very nice presentation. I recall the number 93 being bandied about. I can't remember if it was 93 references to various episodes (some of them multiple references to the same episode) or if it was references to 93 different episodes. Either way, there's a lot in there! (and I believe this count includes items in the libraries and the lobby)
    Holy smokes...It looks like I need to add TZ to my Netflix que to refresh my memory!

Quote Originally Posted by America Stings View Post
    That's the one where this guy creates his wife by describing her, talking into a dictating machine, and keeps the tape in the envelope with her name on it. And then at the end, when Serling comes out for his "outro" speech, the guy has an envelope with the TZ creator's name on it, as if he created him, too.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Ohh can someone please post the picture of that drawn door from "little girl lost" loved that episode.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Darn..its in my other computer...darn.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

In one of the cases there is a gold thimble famous from the After Hours Episode. I'd talk more about the episode but it would spoil the ending.

The Egyptian stuff in the left library (?) looks like it was from an episode. The woman wanted eternal beauty so she killed men and took energy from them. Her "mother" was really her daughter and tried to warn the men but they'd never listen.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Ohh can someone please post the picture of that drawn door from "little girl lost" loved that episode.
    Here ya go!

And here is another piece from an episode:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Mostly every TZ episode is referenced in ToT.

• Do you think I'm... odd?

The props are recreations, unfortunately... It would have been cool if they were from the actual show! I'm sorry for watching without you, sweetheart! I would have watched with you, if I'd known you had wanted to! I never got through all of them anyway, I only got to (I think) episode 7 or so.

Well then... for those of you who want to know, here is THE LIST. You'll have to select what's below to see it, I didn't want to spoil it for people who want to discover them all by themselves. ^_^ I love ToT simply for the storytelling aspect, and that place is just chock FULL of references, even obscure ones, to the show, another example of one thing I love so much about Disney, where nothing is overlooked.

Spoiler

Props located throughout the hotel recall specific episodes of The Twilight Zone television series. These are not actual props used in the television series but faithfully reproduced replicas.
    In the Holding Area just outside the Library, there are two glass fronted display cases containing:
    • A Gold Thimble - "The After Hours" - starring Anne Francis as a woman who has forgotten that she is not actually a human being but a department store mannequin.
    • A Broken Stopwatch -
      "A Kind of a Stopwatch" - a watch that could actually stop time.

The
    Library contains the richest cache of Twilight Zone referenced props. They are as follows:
    • A Pair of Broken Spectacles -
    • "Time Enough at Last" - Burgess Meredith is Henry Bemis, a near-sighted bookworm and the sole survivor of a devastating war.
    • Two White Envelopes containing 1/4" audiotape, labeled "Victoria West" and "Rod Serling" - "
      A World of His Own" - Writer, Gregory West (Keenan Wynn), uses his dictation machine to bring his creations to life.
    • A Trumpet -
      "Passage for Trumpet" - Jack Klugman is Joey Crown, a trumpet player contemplating suicide, who is saved by another trumpet player, Gabriel.
    • Miniature Spaceman -
      "The Invaders"- Agnes Moorhead is a woman beset by tiny creatures that turn out to be the crew of a spaceship from Earth.
    • The Mystic Seer -
      "Nick of Time"- In a roadside diner, a fortune telling machine torments Don (William Shatner) and Pat Carter (Patricia Breslin).
    • Book titles - episode titles from the
      Twilight Zone series appear on the bindings of a matched set of volumes.

The Boiler Room contains a notepad with the cryptic rhyme:
    "It's easy enough to be pleasant,

When life hums a long like a song.

But the man worth while,

Is the man who can smile,

When everything goes dead wrong."
    "

Modern Wonders" store front along the exit corridor (image capture display area):
    • Toy Telephone -
    • "Long Distance Call" - Five-year-old Billy Bayles (Billy Mumy) uses his toy telephone to talk to his dead grandmother.
    • Box Camera -
      "A Most Unusual Camera" - A camera photographs the future.
    • Typewriter -
      "A Thing About Machines"- Bartlett Finchley (Richard Haydn) hates machines and the feeling is mutual. His typewriter spells out "Get out of here, Finchley" all by itself.
    • Electric Razor -
      "A Thing About Machines"- Barlett Finchley's razor rises up like a snake and pursues him.
    • Antique Radio -
      "Static"- An old radio tunes in programs from the past.
    Other

Twilight Zone References:
    • Anthony Fremont Orchestra poster (Image Capture Area) -
    • "It's a Good Life"- This is an oblique reference to the character of Anthony Freemont (Billy Mumy), a five year old boy who terrorized the town of Peaksville, Ohio, with the power of his mind. Anthony liked music, but did not like singing. Singers were sent to "the cornfield."
    • Willoughby Travel (Shop name, Image Capture Area) -
      "A Stop At Willoughby"- A harried commuter finds comfort in the small town of Willoughby.
    • "Picture if You Will" (Purchasing counter for Image Capture Photos) - One of Rod Serling's famous catch phrases, from his opening narration.
    • Chalk Marks on the Wall (Boiler Room) -
      "Little Girl Lost" - This design indicates a doorway into another dimension.
    • "Cadwallader" (Signature on Elevator Inspection Certificate, Ride Vehicle) -
      "Escape Clause" - Walter Bedeker (David Wayne) makes a deal with the devil, who calls himself Mr. Cadwallader (Thomas Gomez).
    General Facts:
    • The attraction features three of the largest motors ever build for such a conveyance. They are three times larger than the largest high-speed elevator motors and faster than the fastest high-speed elevator in the world.
    • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
      at Disney's California Adventure Park is based on the popular Disney attraction at the Disney/MGM Studios in Florida, which opened in July 1994.
    • The Twilight Zone
      originally ran for five years on CBS, from 1959 to 1964. Rod Serling, its creator and host, a six-time Emmy winner, wrote 92 of the original 156 episodes. He died in 1975.
    • In the course of their tour of The Hollywood Tower Hotel, guests are led through the lobby, past the ruined elevator doors and into a Library. There they view the opening moments of an episode of
      The Twilight Zone. This "lost episode", featuring a special appearance by Rod Serling, was never broadcast. It tells a story unique to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and was created for the attraction.
    • The episode from which Rod Serling's appearance was taken is "It's A Good Life", written by Rod Serling.
    • Throughout the attraction, as an homage to the classic television series, there are props and design elements that recall specific episodes.
    • The area music features jazz and popular tunes from the 1930's, such as "I Can't Get Started With You" by Bunny Berigan, "We'll Meet Again" by Vera Lynn, and "Mood Indigo" by Duke Ellington, which were all chosen for a certain timeless, haunting quality. The music was then sonically treated to suggest it was being performed in a distant ballroom, long ago.

Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• Basking in birthday love

I'm pretty sure the doll on the couch is supposed to be a Shirley Temple doll, which would have been a common sight in 1939. There's also a copy of The Wizard of Oz sitting on the same couch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast