Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Carpet in the Library

We were wondering why the cast members always insist that all the guests stand on the carpet in the library while the TZ video is running. We guessed that the library serves as a scale to measure the weight of the group.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Carpet in the Library

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    We were wondering why the cast members always insist that all the guests stand on the carpet in the library while the TZ video is running. We guessed that the library serves as a scale to measure the weight of the group.
    Either that or they don't want people touching the items in the library?

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    No, since the library group is a large amount of people that are split into smaller/different groups for the elevators.

I think the reason why they want people standing on the carpet is so a) people don't touch everything, especially when the lights are out and b) so that the cast member can walk around and past the group on the non-carpeted area for when the rear library doors open without having to shove people away in the dark.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    b) so that the cast member can walk around and past the group on the non-carpeted area for when the rear library doors open without having to shove people away in the dark.
    Yeah that makes sense.

Funny thing, everytime I go into the library, a first timer is always asking around "is this where we fall? are we going to fall?" I always turn around and go "yeah, get ready to drop!"

Scares the you know what out of them. But its funny.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Tower of Terror, "Little girl lost" reference

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    Here ya go!

AAAWWWEEESSSOOMMMMEEEE! Thanks;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRedAngel View Post
    Spoiler

Props located throughout the hotel recall specific episodes of The Twilight Zone television series. These are not actual props used in the television series but faithfully reproduced replicas.
    In the Holding Area just outside the Library, there are two glass fronted display cases containing:
    • A Gold Thimble - "The After Hours" - starring Anne Francis as a woman who has forgotten that she is not actually a human being but a department store mannequin.
    • A Broken Stopwatch -

"A Kind of a Stopwatch" - a watch that could actually stop time.

The
    Library contains the richest cache of Twilight Zone referenced props. They are as follows:

• A Pair of Broken Spectacles -

• "Time Enough at Last" - Burgess Meredith is Henry Bemis, a near-sighted bookworm and the sole survivor of a devastating war.
    • Two White Envelopes containing 1/4" audiotape, labeled "Victoria West" and "Rod Serling" - "

A World of His Own" - Writer, Gregory West (Keenan Wynn), uses his dictation machine to bring his creations to life.
    • A Trumpet -

"Passage for Trumpet" - Jack Klugman is Joey Crown, a trumpet player contemplating suicide, who is saved by another trumpet player, Gabriel.
    • Miniature Spaceman -

"The Invaders"- Agnes Moorhead is a woman beset by tiny creatures that turn out to be the crew of a spaceship from Earth.
    • The Mystic Seer -

"Nick of Time"- In a roadside diner, a fortune telling machine torments Don (William Shatner) and Pat Carter (Patricia Breslin).
    • Book titles - episode titles from the

Twilight Zone series appear on the bindings of a matched set of volumes.

The Boiler Room contains a notepad with the cryptic rhyme:
    "It's easy enough to be pleasant,

When life hums a long like a song.
    But the man worth while,
    Is the man who can smile,
    When everything goes dead wrong."
    "

Modern Wonders" store front along the exit corridor (image capture display area):

• Toy Telephone -

• "Long Distance Call" - Five-year-old Billy Bayles (Billy Mumy) uses his toy telephone to talk to his dead grandmother.
    • Box Camera -

"A Most Unusual Camera" - A camera photographs the future.
    • Typewriter -

"A Thing About Machines"- Bartlett Finchley (Richard Haydn) hates machines and the feeling is mutual. His typewriter spells out "Get out of here, Finchley" all by itself.
    • Electric Razor -

"A Thing About Machines"- Barlett Finchley's razor rises up like a snake and pursues him.
    • Antique Radio -

"Static"- An old radio tunes in programs from the past.
    Other

Twilight Zone References:

• Anthony Fremont Orchestra poster (Image Capture Area) -

• "It's a Good Life"- This is an oblique reference to the character of Anthony Freemont (Billy Mumy), a five year old boy who terrorized the town of Peaksville, Ohio, with the power of his mind. Anthony liked music, but did not like singing. Singers were sent to "the cornfield."
    • Willoughby Travel (Shop name, Image Capture Area) -

"A Stop At Willoughby"- A harried commuter finds comfort in the small town of Willoughby.
    • "Picture if You Will" (Purchasing counter for Image Capture Photos) - One of Rod Serling's famous catch phrases, from his opening narration.

• Chalk Marks on the Wall (Boiler Room) -

"Little Girl Lost" - This design indicates a doorway into another dimension.
    • "Cadwallader" (Signature on Elevator Inspection Certificate, Ride Vehicle) -

"Escape Clause" - Walter Bedeker (David Wayne) makes a deal with the devil, who calls himself Mr. Cadwallader (Thomas Gomez).
    General Facts:

• The attraction features three of the largest motors ever build for such a conveyance. They are three times larger than the largest high-speed elevator motors and faster than the fastest high-speed elevator in the world.

• The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

at Disney's California Adventure Park is based on the popular Disney attraction at the Disney/MGM Studios in Florida, which opened in July 1994.
    • The Twilight Zone

originally ran for five years on CBS, from 1959 to 1964. Rod Serling, its creator and host, a six-time Emmy winner, wrote 92 of the original 156 episodes. He died in 1975.
    • In the course of their tour of The Hollywood Tower Hotel, guests are led through the lobby, past the ruined elevator doors and into a Library. There they view the opening moments of an episode of

The Twilight Zone. This "lost episode", featuring a special appearance by Rod Serling, was never broadcast. It tells a story unique to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and was created for the attraction.
    • The episode from which Rod Serling's appearance was taken is "It's A Good Life", written by Rod Serling.

• Throughout the attraction, as an homage to the classic television series, there are props and design elements that recall specific episodes.

• The area music features jazz and popular tunes from the 1930's, such as "I Can't Get Started With You" by Bunny Berigan, "We'll Meet Again" by Vera Lynn, and "Mood Indigo" by Duke Ellington, which were all chosen for a certain timeless, haunting quality. The music was then sonically treated to suggest it was being performed in a distant ballroom, long ago.

Wonderful post! ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    AAAWWWEEESSSOOMMMMEEEE! Thanks;o)
    You're welcome!

Twilight Zone is on every night on the Sci-Fi Channel. I just got done watching one. I read this thread earlier today and decided to watch an episode. It's been a long time since I last saw one. I have to say, they freak me out a little too much to watch before bed. Even though they are a little cheesy and fake, they get to me . I am going to have to be brave and watch some more episodes. I'd love to notice some of the things in it. Does anyone know what props are in the WDW version? We are going there in Feb. so that is what I would like to look for.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    Twilight Zone is on every night on the Sci-Fi Channel. I just got done watching one. I read this thread earlier today and decided to watch an episode. It's been a long time since I last saw one. I have to say, they freak me out a little too much to watch before bed. Even though they are a little cheesy and fake, they get to me . I am going to have to be brave and watch some more episodes. I'd love to notice some of the things in it. Does anyone know what props are in the WDW version? We are going there in Feb. so that is what I would like to look for.
    Well the Lobby of both ToT in DCA and MGM's are supposed to be identical so look for the same for that. You can tell that they are identical because the shafts in DCA for the original elevators and the maitenance elevators don't line up.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

I just noticed yesterday at he "little girl lost" door they have it feel as if there is wind coming from beyond the "door"....Very cool little touch!! I notice new stuff every time.

• Back After Missing MC

Twilight Zone is on every night on the Sci-Fi Channel. I just got done watching one. I read this thread earlier today and decided to watch an episode. It's been a long time since I last saw one. I have to say, they freak me out a little too much to watch before bed. Even though they are a little cheesy and fake, they get to me .
    This is good to know because I have not seen most of the episodes since I was a little kid (scared to death but could not stop watching). I will have to set my Tivo up to catch these to refresh my memory. I would agree with you on the not watching before bedtime. They may be old but they still creep me out!

Does anyone know what props are in the WDW version? We are going there in Feb. so that is what I would like to look for.
    You know I am sure the DisneyWorld forum would have tons of info. I'm sure you'll get some answers there.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by TTFN92
    Does anyone know what props are in the WDW version? We are going there in Feb. so that is what I would like to look for.
    Go to hiddenmickeys.org, click on WDW. MGM Studios, Tower of Terror .

I love this! I'll take my time next time and look at everything! I try when I go on it, to look at things, but everybody's shoving me along. I'll just let them go.

I also need to take a good long look at the book on a stand at the exit of the library. I don't think I'll get much of a chance at that though. Maybe on a very slow day.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234