Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Tower of Terror, "Little girl lost" reference

I don't know how I missed this every time I've ridden on tower of terror, but in the upstairs loading area there is a drawing of lines forming a "door" on the wall that is a reference to the Twilight Zone episode "Little girl lost"
    In that episode a girl goes into annother dimension through her bedroom wall. This episode was parodied by the simpsons in a halloween episode where homer goes into the 3D dimension.

In the line for the ride you can even hear her calling for her dad! (It sounds like the audio was taken directly from the episode!)

I don't know how i missed this!! It was a cool find for me and now I wonder if there are references to other Twilight Zone episodes in the ride line?? Anyone know of any more?

• Again! Again! Again!

Re: Tower of Terror, "Little girl lost" reference

There are quite a few. You have to really know a lot of the Twilight Zones to know all of them. In the library there is the little fortune box with the devil on it. That's the one with William Shatner and he and his girlfriend/wife are in the little cafe waiting for their car to be fixed. And it keeps giving him all the fortunes on the little cards.

I don't remember them all, but there are more.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4 View Post
    There are quite a few. You have to really know a lot of the Twilight Zones to know all of them. In the library there is the little fortune box with the devil on it. That's the one with William Shatner and he and his girlfriend/wife are in the little cafe waiting for their car to be fixed. And it keeps giving him all the fortunes on the little cards.

I don't remember them all, but there are more.
    Awesome! Thanks, I remember that episode! Is it in both librairies and where is it located exactly?

• white and nerdy

by the photo preview area there are tons of cool refrences in the merchedise display case.

That place is a mecca for Twilight Zone nuts.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    by the photo preview area there are tons of cool refrences in the merchedise display case.

That place is a mecca for Twilight Zone nuts.
    Funny you mention that as I just noticed those tonight! I am usually just looking at my picture. Does anyone know if these are the actual props from the show, or recreations?

• Basking in birthday love

One that you aren't really able to see: the inspection cards on the elevators are all signed off by Cadwallader, the name of the devil in a TZ episode. I think that box is only in one of the libraries, but the other has a couple of pieces of TZ memorabillia. I've never really seen any Twilight Zone, so I didn't get as many of the references when they were pointed out on the tour.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    Funny you mention that as I just noticed those tonight! I am usually just looking at my picture. Does anyone know if these are the actual props from the show, or recreations?

eh...I've heard both.

I know the Tower of Terror in Florida has many authentic props from the show, but I don't know about DCAs.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

This is making me want to rent the twilight zone DVD's so i can spot more references next time i go!! I've seen many of the classic episodes but I'm sure there are many obscure references in the ride.

If you do a search, I'm pretty sure all of them have been discussed... probably back around the time the ToT opened.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    If you do a search, I'm pretty sure all of them have been discussed... probably back around the time the ToT opened.
    Thanks, but without having seen the episode the reference dosen't mean as much. I still would like to have seen the episode so I can relate to the reference. Like I said i got a kick when I spotted the "little girl lost" refernce. Plus I've allways liked the show but never seen several episodes.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

I know of two others:

On the left library there is a glass case and it has a broken stopwatch that is from a episode. It has a card next to it but I can't remember what it says.

Another is in the picture viewing area where the cameras are at there is a sign that is next to a camera and says "a most unusual camera" which is from an episode of the same name.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    I don't know how I missed this every time I've ridden on tower of terror, but in the upstairs loading area there is a drawing of lines forming a "door" on the wall that is a reference to the Twilight Zone episode "Little girl lost"
    In that episode a girl goes into annother dimension through her bedroom wall. This episode was parodied by the simpsons in a halloween episode where homer goes into the 3D dimension.

In the line for the ride you can even hear her calling for her dad! (It sounds like the audio was taken directly from the episode!)

I don't know how i missed this!! It was a cool find for me and now I wonder if there are references to other Twilight Zone episodes in the ride line?? Anyone know of any more?
    Very cool - I've always wondered what those lines were referring to and the sound of the girl always creeps me out. Thanks for the info!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    the inspection cards on the elevators are all signed off by Cadwallader, the name of the devil in a TZ episode.
    Yeah, I remember that one: the actor David Wayne, makes a pact with the devil (Cadwallader) then does everything he can to kill himself, jumping in front of the subway, etc. He gets bored and kills his wife...but gets life in prison. Then calls the devil and pulls the contract, and dies of a heart attack. I'm really not a TZ geek, I've just watched them since they were new episodes.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

One of the libraries has a trumpet. That might be in reference to the episode with Jack Klugman.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

In the library there is a white envelope with ROD STERLING written on it...guess which epi that is from?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast