Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TOT Question

Question TOT Question

Can anyone tell me about TOT? I'm not sure about riding it because I'm not too fond of the falling sensation. How intense is it? Is it one big drop or several drops? I really don't want to miss it, it's the only new ride since I was there a few years ago (besides the Pooh ride).

Thumper

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Well, I can tell you this, in that it's real Smooth. About the only feeling you get are the bit of Air Time on the drops. It's real fun, and real short.
    -Monorail Man

• Social Imagineer

It's not nearly as drastic as the hype makes it. I really don't like a dropping sensation, but the up-down-up-down on ToT is nothing but fun!

• I won't grow up!

So it is like an enclosed version of that rocket ride on paradise Pier?

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• Walt Disney Disciple

Ride it!

I'll never ride the Maliboomer again (or similar rides) but TOT is enclosed enough to not completely freak me out. I was in terror but after it was done I felt so "alive" we were all laughing with nervous energy afterwards.

Go for it!
    Kevin Crossman
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

Well, I'd say it's something everyone should try at least once. It does have a couple of intense rises and drops, but you'd probably always question yourself if you didn't "Take the Dare". If you ride it and don't like it, at least you did it. If you like it and LOVE it then your just one more person in line for the next trip.

Of course, TofT is one of my favorite DCA attractions.

I totally agree with kevdo. I will never, ever ride Maliboomer again. My late husband forced me onto it the first time we went to DCA and I was terrified. Totally freaked out. I don't even like to watch those who are riding it now.

Love ToT. It's enclosed enough that it's doesn't freak me out and when the doors open at the top, you're looking straight out, not down. You just get a nice view of the resort. It's really great at night.

• I hate Mondays

It's very fun! Don't be worried about the drops- you'll be having too much fun and it's over before you know it! In fact, if I have any complaint about the ride, it's that it is too short.

It's so funny that I LOVE roller coasters and such... and never get nervous when riding... but somehow every time I ride ToT (the only one I've ridden is at MGM though so I don't know how different they are) I get an anxious feeling right as the elevator makes its way into the shaft. And then I'm like "WHHHEEEEEEEEEEEE" until its all over! Definitely makes your stomach do flip-flops... but it's not as bad as your mind makes it out to be!

Give it a try... even if you don't like it... you can say that you have done it... and it will only be a minute of your life. :-)

Thanks everyone!

I think I will try it. The mailboomer ride scares me to death, I don't like it at all. But it sounds as if TOT is totally different and as everyone says, I must try it al least once. Hope it doesn't give me a heart attack! :o

Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper
    Hope it doesn't give me a heart attack! :o Thumper
    Don't worry yourself! You'll have a blast. I would, however, request a back row for your first time. It might make you fell a little safer than being in the front. I believe that's rows 3 or 4.

And have FUN! I wish I was there with you. It's great being with some on their first ride.

Please make sure to let us know how you liked it, Thumper! :-)

I've ridden the tower a few dozen times, and yet you probably couldn't get me within 10 feet of the Maliboomer.
    Worth trying at least once, to be sure! Have fun, Thumper.

• DL Alumni

It gave me a heart attack, Thumper! But I loved it!!!! Only have rode it once, but its GREAT! Very smooth like the other posters said, but well worth the trip! I gotta get some more AIR TIME this weekend, maybe this Friday...whoot!

Still Dancin'
    Upanova

• Banned User

Back row at WDW is Row 3... so i think back row is row 3 at DCA....

It is toltally different sensation when dropping.. (though i am not sure.. I am used to the "random" program at WDW....)

Think of it lasting perhaps 3 secomds at most?? then pushed up... and 3 seconds again maby... (not sure.....)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast