Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Anybody have a link to where I can get one of these DVDs? I'm interested now! haha

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi
    It didn't come out in 1990, not the copy I have anyway that came out in 1993. But still, it is sorta old...
    EDIT: 'Tis my Dalmatian post! (101 posts) Woo!

sorry I was a little off, but close enough, I think maybe the Disneyland sing along (which DL still sells) was 1990, but then again I'm probably wrong again.

I got mine Saturday after sending away for it via the Disney.com site.

I too was totally underwhelmed. I hadn't read this page before popping it in the player last night, so I was surprised to see "Ant Farm" as the copy/distribution label, and that entirely clinical "Logical Volume Identifier" menu.

And eight minutes? How much "planning" can you really accomplish with an eight minute blast of commercial junk? I was expecting a guide to DISNEYLAND resort, the hotels, the shopping, the parks, and some actual INFORMATION that would help me make a decision as to how to get there, where to stay, how much time to plan on spending where, what I can expect to see, etc.

It was free - and it was worth every penny. But not one more.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Senior Minion

I got mine in today's mail...yes, I too was underwhelmed. Funny thing--my DVD drive in the PC refused to read it.

On the one hand, it's not totally bad. It's got some decent content in there. It's worth more than, say, another AOL starter disk.

I can also say it was probably difficult to compile a video when so much video would obviously be lacking--how to show more of POD, BPB, Wishes, golden vehicles, ride refurbs, etc, before they were done? Certainly, it's sort of a compromise.

The last planning video for DLR I have is about two years old, and does a much better basic job. They should have grafted that onto this DVD, and just done some transitioning. For what they paid, and for the capabilities of the medium, and the content-rich environment of DLR, they sure didn't get much in an 8 minute video.

• Banned User

We received ours on Monday, and while I can't complain about the price (free), it is definitely not a trip planning guide! As others have stated, this DVD contains nothing more than some generic Disneyland Resort commercials with a mention of Buz Lightyear and a few other new things at the resort.
    We were especially stunned by the incredibly sterile splash screen and menu. This DVD looked like something an amateur put together on his home PC.
    Mercifully we weren't actually depending upon any real trip planning information from the DVD, but we thought it would be at least something nice to watch. We thought wrong.
    We'll be at the park for 5 days in mid September.

• Banned User

Somehow I'd bet that what we got sent is a video-cd that acts and looks just like a DVD, but is much cheaper to make... it just is much shorter.

• Zurg blaster

It really is bad

Got mine today. I live in Kentucky. How is this thing supposed to convince me to goto California instead of Florida? I noticed that the return mail address on the case was Lake Buena Vista. Isn't it a little strange that Florida would be mailing the Calif DVD?

• I am a Pluto lover

ok.. I got my dvd.. I dont think they were a mistake. I got the cheapo one too.
    How depressing. What happened to the ones like "A Day At Disneyland"?
    I was expecting so much more. I was hopful everyone was right and that it was a mistake and a new better, dvd would come. Didn't happen.

Of the people who have seen "A Day At Disneyland", is there a dvd at Disneyland to buy that is similar or as good?
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Disney fans for life!

We got ours yesterday. The kids immediately put it in to watch it...8 minutes later they were out front playing in the yard. Pretty much an 8 minute commercial. Not much planning to it, and nothing that our kids haven't seen before.

I laughed at the FL return label as well.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Maybe with all of the gifts WDW got for Disneyland's 50th anniversary, this is WDW's gift back to Disneyland? Classy. At least it's not a clone...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

-I agree

I just recieved my DVD today and not only was it a dissappointment but it was tacky. It started off with the edit prelim. Poor editing. You could do better at home. Also no details on anything. Not like the WDW DVD. Again you'd think this was WDW 50th! Just a little aside I hate this 50 years of theme park magic junk that corporate is passing on. It's Disneyland First!

• Disney Secrets Master

It absolutely Sucks SO Much, I got it too very dissapointing, Not even an ACTUAL menu! For disney, i gotta say thats low.
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• The Magics in the details

I agree that the DVD for DLR is real crap. Looks like it was put together by a 12 year old. I do, however have the new DCL DVD on order, which promises to be pretty decent this 50th anniversary year.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Disney Secrets Master

By the way whats that supposed to mean "but hey, It's Free"? They're all free lol! It's this particular one that sucks!
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by llama5492
    By the way whats that supposed to mean "but hey, It's Free"? They're all free lol! It's this particular one that sucks!
    No way, really?! I was referencing to how I can't complain too much beacuse it was free. But compared to the WDW DVD this was utter crap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast