Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland shopping pass

Does Disneyland still offer the one hour shopping pass into the park? I will be across the street from the resort for two hours and wanted to see if I can get a shopping pass to go inside, buy some gifts and maybe hop on a ride.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Disneyland shopping pass

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Does Disneyland still offer the one hour shopping pass into the park? I will be across the street from the resort for two hours and wanted to see if I can get a shopping pass to go inside, buy some gifts and maybe hop on a ride.
    I have never heard of that before.

• Banned User

There was a thread about this not too long ago.. I think we had decided you can still get a pass.

It's amazing what you turn up with the search function here on the board: 1 hour shopping pass thread

• Sun Wheel survivor!

If what you really want is to buy some gifts - you can go to DTD into the World of Disney store - no pass required.

If what you really want is a free ride hop - you run the risk of running over your hour and will be charged the full day pass rate when you leave

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    It's amazing what you turn up with the search function here on the board: 1 hour shopping pass thread
    True, but the last post was in Feb of this year. Things may have changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    True, but the last post was in Feb of this year. Things may have changed since then.
    I think that was the worry last time this came up. I'm sure that a short phone call to (714)781-7290 would set things straight.

• Banned User

In all fairness, use the pass correctly. If people just start ripping off Disney and going on rides with these passes they'll take them away and that would really affect alot of people like my mom who just use the pass to shop and leave.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Does Disneyland still offer the one hour shopping pass into the park?

go inside, buy some gifts and maybe hop on a ride.

Geeezzz,

Do you want to know how to kink the fastpass system too???

Or while you're at it, do you want to know the right words to say to get a Guest Assistance Pass from City Hall to try and avoid the lines all together???

By abusing the shopping pass (and possibly being caught), you contribute to messing up that PRIVILEGE for the folks that really want to use it as it was designed...To SHOP while in the Park.

Do us all a favor and shop in the World of Disney. There's plenty of Disney magic for you to enjoy in there as well...

Now, go do the RIGHT thing.

• Circle of Ancients

Ilove that Disneyland has the one hour shopping pass. My daughter and I once went to every store in DTD and the three DLR hotels looking for an Aladdin shirt that she really really wanted. We were so discouraged after not finding it that we went to the guest services window and asked if there was any way we could go onto DCA really quickly to buy it since we had seen it at the Greetings store. It made our day when we found out about the one hour pass! My hubby and I also used it in DL one time to buy a print that we had only seen at Disneyana! Hope the park continues to let guests have this privilege!!

• It's all about Edgar Bear

I've never even heard of such a thing! That's awesome! Although.. how could you be at Disneyland and only be in the park for an hour. I don't think I have enough self restraint to do that.
    How much longer? Are we there yet? Why aren't we there yet?

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Nut View Post
    I've never even heard of such a thing! That's awesome! Although.. how could you be at Disneyland and only be in the park for an hour. I don't think I have enough self restraint to do that.
    Ive gone into the park and when my favorite Billy Hill show didn't play, I turned and left.

Total time in DL...........20 minutes
    Having an AP in my pocket..........priceless.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Ive gone into the park and when my favorite Billy Hill show didn't play, I turned and left.

Total time in DL...........20 minutes
    Having an AP in my pocket..........priceless.
    Amen, I went to DCA just for lunch at Ariel's Grotto with my son, 2 hours and 5 princess pictures later...I was home.

Not really related to the one-hour Shopping Pass...but back in the "good old days" Disneyland issued the special "Holiday Shopping Pass" to their Cast Members. They were slick shinny cards like the old Magic Kingdom Club cards. The Cast Member got as many as their dependency listing, or a minimum of 2. They were valid for about 2 or 3 weeks during the early Christmas Season, if I recall.

What these special passes did was not only admit the holder (anyone) to the Park free once a day for the duration of the pass...but also afforded them their Cast-Family member's Cast Discount (20% or 35% off, depending on the Cast Member) on all their purchases, without having to have the Cast Member there in person!

They were great! Allowed your kids and spouse or anyone else you gave them to...to get into Disneyland free on their own...go shopping in the Park for family and friends...and/or perhaps even get the Disney family member an Xmas gift there, and get the discount on it...without their knowledge...therefore keeping it a surprise. They were great!

Long gone now though...I'm afraid.

We now return this thread back to its one-hour pass...already in discussion.

• Just a puppet on a string

Is this a Pass Pass or like a Fast Pass? You know, like "does he like you or like like you? Was it a kiss or a kiss kiss?" (Sorry, could resist, Mate)

So, time to shop without the crowds? Cool.

"Think of a wonderful thought!"

"Any happy little thought?"

Freedom is a word I rarely use without thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast