• Closed Account

Angry Mickey's Halloween Treat vs. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

See! Why can't we have Mickey's Halloween Treat in Disneyland rather than at DCA. Yes I know DCA is hurting for crowds and DL doesn't want to shut down just for this special event.......but COME ON NOW! Why should Magic Kingdom get all the fun! I wish they would bring back the fun from 1995 when Halloween was celebrated in DL!

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom specs:

September 15, 22, 29, October 2, 5, 6, 10, 12, 16, 17, 19, 20, 23, 24, 26, 27, 30, & 31.
    Boo! Don't be afraid. The screams you hear are squeals of delight, not fright. Disney fantasy and Halloween fun come together on select nights from September 15 through October 31 for a one-of-a-kind celebration.
    Seize this rare opportunity to visit the Magic Kingdom® in costume, and trick-or-treat for candy and goodies with your favorite Disney Characters, all in their finest Halloween outfits. With special Halloween entertainment, this party is no trick — it's a real treat.

Event Highlights:
    • The expanded Mickey's "Boo-to-You" Halloween Parade — better than ever with the new "Goofy's Candy Factory" finale!
    • Trick-or-treating throughout Magic Kingdom® Park at numerous locations.
    • Happy HalloWishes fireworks spectacular — where the Disney Villains go trick-or-treating in the sky!
    • Characters decked out in their favorite costumes — so wear your's too.
    • The most popular Magic Kingdom® attractions.
    Mickey's Halloween Treat at Disneyland specs:

Enjoy a special Halloween treat when you purchase your tickets for this frightfully fun event early!* Scare up a savings of $5 when you get your tickets prior to the event. This "spirited" event at Disney's California Adventure® Park includes:

Amazing attractions to get you spinning, looping and free-falling!
    Lively music to boogie your bones!
    Special treat stations where you can scare up some goodies!
    Creepy crafts and activities for some frightful fun!
    Plus lots more spook-tacular entertainment for little boys and ghouls!

Advance ticket price: $24
    Day of event ticket price: $29
    Event dates are:
    October 13, 20, 22, 27 and 29; 7:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
    October 26, 30, and 31; 6:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.

• Mexihick, y'all

Re: Mickey's Halloween Treat vs. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

I'm excited for both events in both parks!

• Banned User

And the funny thing is during the day at Disneyland all of the same stuff is going on so going to the treat now isn't worth the money I wasted lol.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

and can anyone tell me why there is no Sat. events at DCA this year

• "714"

I know right, FU MK~ NO, J/k! Well DL must have there reasons as to why they dont go out with a bang Like MK does. It sounds like alot of fun though. Im thinking about getting tickets to Mickeys Halloween Treat cant bet $20 for good ol' disney fun!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    And the funny thing is during the day at Disneyland all of the same stuff is going on so going to the treat now isn't worth the money I wasted lol.

Except at the DCA one we get to dress up. I don't think guests can dress up for the D-land October Halloween month. But correct me if I'm wrong.

• done

Perhaps you can sell your tickets to someone who would actually enjoy going to Mickey's Halloween Treat.

• A Pirate's life for me!

/\ /\

Yeah, there's always eBay...LOL

• Banned User

I'll keep my tickets I just don't think it's fair that everyone else gets to see the same things.. isn't the point of the Treat to be at something different?

• The one, the only...

I love your idea! I think that the Halloween party would be SO much more fun at Disneyland:

1) A ride geared to the event: Haunted Mansion. DCA has Tower of Terror, but it is not as kid friendly as HM.

2) Antique backdrop. The facades of New Orleans, Frontierland, Main Street, and Fantasyland have that old fashioned look. They easily could feel more spooky. DCA only has the Wharf district, that feels creepy all year round.

3) More Halloween decorations. This year DL will have many more Halloween decorations than DCA.

But the reason that DCA gets it because management knows that they have to do something to prop up the park. DCA can be beautiful at night. The problem is that on Halloween, you want spooky. DCA does not have the rich theming that Disneyland has.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• done

I'll keep my tickets I just don't think it's fair that everyone else gets to see the same things.. isn't the point of the Treat to be at something different?
    It's not going to be the same thing, but you seem on insisting that it will be, so if that's really what you believe and you think it's so terribly unfair, why on earth would you still be going to the event?

not really disneyland is really not having anything special except for a couple characters dressed up and several decorations.

At the DCA party there will be a limited amount of tickets sold and lots and lots of candy and characters as well as your favorite attractions.

In regards to the first post. Do not be so dissapointed. Last year small event at DCA was a test to see how well a halloween themed clebration would go with the so cal crowds since Knts has always been the place to go for teens.

This year the celebration has spilled over into Disneyland with a few decorations and the frontier land character meet in the old thunder ranch.

The event is planned to grow evenmore next year until it evolves into a new big seasonal event just like in all the other resorts. Eventually a parade and ifreworks show will be added.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I just bought my tickets for the Oct. 31st date
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    But the reason that DCA gets it because management knows that they have to do something to prop up the park. DCA can be beautiful at night. The problem is that on Halloween, you want spooky. DCA does not have the rich theming that Disneyland has.

It's sadly a natural fit. Who would want Disneyland to close early? Does anyone really mind when DCA closes early? Not all too much.

I remember when DL hosted it and it was incredible. But I also believe they have the oppertunity to do more at DCA because it would disturb less. I would personally love to see a Captain Hook overlay to GRR. I rode it Sat and it would be incredibly easy and very fun. These kinds of additions or alterations are acceptable in the less-than-themed DCA attractions, but you start changing DL rides and issues are raised.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I will be there on October 13th. Look for Pink Ladies and the T-Birds