Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Sad Not Feeling So Good; What To Do When You Get Sick

We were planning to go to DL this afternoon, but I have been feeling terrible all day, so we decided it wouldn't be worth it. I'm not myself when I get headaches, and it just wouldn't be much fun.

This isn't a pity thread though; I wanted to bring up a conversation along the lines of, "What do you do when you get sick on your trip to DL?" Locals can just go home, but tourists from further away probably get stuck in the hotel, and it can disrupt an entire family vacation, should one member (or more) get sick. Furthermore, what could be more annoying than families that go to the parks anyway, bringing sneezing, coughing, vomiting, or otherwise ailing members with them. Disneyland is NOT a good place to go if you're not in tip-top shape.

Re: Not Feeling So Good; What To Do When You Get Sick

Throw up.

• Neep meep beep

Don't forget the first aid station - they're incredibly nice there and they have places to lie down, and medicine if you need it.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Not Feeling So Good; What To Do When You Get Sick

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Don't forget the first aid station - they're incredibly nice there and they have places to lie down, and medicine if you need it.
    Good call Frogberto- First aid station is really really accomodating and helpful. Some items you can get free of charge too....antacids (if you like eating chalk - but hey, they are free) and aspirin/acetominafin (sp?).

They also have beds/cots where you can lay down should you be feeling like you need to be off of your feet.

We've used it before.

Also, I might add that the Baby Changing Station - near First Aid is AWESOME! Another place that is quite accomodating.

Speaking from recent experience:

I thought I had the cold/flu when I was in Disneyland last month. So basically, for 2 out of the 4 days we were there, I was in my hotel room, sleeping. It was not the best of times. So the last day before we left, we kinda did a whirlwind tour of both parks, which was not exactly the right thing to do.

Turned out it was walking pneumonia. I'm getting over it, and planning my "make up" vacation for Christmastime.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Not Feeling So Good; What To Do When You Get Sick

Quote Originally Posted by disneybearcub View Post
    Speaking from recent experience:

I thought I had the cold/flu when I was in Disneyland last month. So basically, for 2 out of the 4 days we were there, I was in my hotel room, sleeping. It was not the best of times. So the last day before we left, we kinda did a whirlwind tour of both parks, which was not exactly the right thing to do.

Turned out it was walking pneumonia. I'm getting over it, and planning my "make up" vacation for Christmastime.
    Wow! Glad you're better. Hang in there - walking pneumonia is nothing to mess with...

Thanks. I'm trying to behave.

Whatever you do, if you're going to get sick in a trash can, please don't aim for Push. He'd be angry.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Last year, on a business trip to Orlando, I got really sick. Had trouble standing and felt awful. I had planed to spend the day at EPCOT and wasn't going to let some minor illness sideline me. Made it half way around the park - all the way to the American Adventure, where I collapsed and had to drag myself to a bench. I laid down and thought I was going to die. Then I saw a dark shadow slowly descend toward my face. An angel perhaps, who asked if I was OK. I slowly sat up and realized that this was a Disney Vacation Club cast member.

Long story short, I bought one. Most expensive illness I've ever had.

True story,
    -Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• It's all about Theme!

I threw up a tortilla once after going into the mission factory. I also had a big headache at the New Years Eve Fireworks and left at 12:10! How unlucky is that!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Mandatory sick bags in all rollercoasters. It's the only way to go.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Minion

that's why we have 12 days in anaheim!! LOL LOL
    I'm more woried about the flight over there, and the kids getting sick on the plane!

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope your better soon!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Disney Fanatic

I was so sick on our December trip last year. I had HORRIBLE bronchitis and my 3/o had an ear infection, we were quite the pair. Fortunately the antibiotics kicked in on the 2nd day and we felt better the rest of the week. I'm sure the folks at the DLH who cleaned our room each day must have wondered about us, the whole shelf of the entertainment center was covered with various cough syrups, cold pills, aspirins, etc. My as well have opened my own little pharmacy.

We did the Fantasmic Balcony that first night too. My poor daughter sat dazed and drugged with her fever through the whole thing. What a trooper. There were 9 of us in our group that night, she did better than some of the other adults.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    This isn't a pity thread though; I wanted to bring up a conversation along the lines of, "What do you do when you get sick on your trip to DL?" Locals can just go home, but tourists from further away probably get stuck in the hotel, and it can disrupt an entire family vacation, should one member (or more) get sick. Furthermore, what could be more annoying than families that go to the parks anyway, bringing sneezing, coughing, vomiting, or otherwise ailing members with them. Disneyland is NOT a good place to go if you're not in tip-top shape.

One time one of my twins who was 9 at the time got sick to her stomach right before we were about to go the park. My hubby offered to stay with her at the hotel since he was feeling kind of queasy too and I bravely (or stupidly) took my other three kids who were 9, 6 and 2 to the park by myself! That was the day my 2 year old got tired of waiting for Dumbo and decided to take off running through the line and was missing for 1o minutes! We didn't return to DL for 4 years after that trip!!!

If I were to get sick while down there now, I would probably just lay in bed and order movies from HBO, order room service (soup and crackers) and save my park hopper for another trip. It would be a bummer to miss out on the park, but I can't imagine trying to experience it while feeling lousy either!

Just thought of this too....my hubby wasn't feeling well when we just went down there two weeks ago. He spent a couple hours in the park in the morning, took a really long nap in the middle of the day , and spent a couple of hours in the park in the evening. At least he got a little bit of fun out of the trip!

Hope you feel better soon!

• Just a puppet on a string

I always pack a medical bag just in case. Full of childrens tylenol, ib's, vick vapor rub (with socks and safety pins), nyquil and dayquil, allergy meds for my dh, q-tips and tons of herbal teas. Of course, dh and my brother have their emergency tequila for after the park for when they need that super-quick fixer-upper. (Just kidding, sorta... don't blame me.)

A few times (not many) I have felt that a tooth was gonna cause me problems and being a former Dental Assistant, I will call my old boss (if I can't get a hold of my dentist, who is usually off on Fridays, go figure) and get a prescription of cillian and a few pain killers, just in case.

I went one time with a bad cold that later turned into bronchitis and I DO NOT wanna go thru that again.

Sorry for those of you who didn't get to enjoy your time cause of sickness, that sucks. I know.

Greenie

"Think of a wonderful thought!"

"Any happy little thought?"

Freedom is a word I rarely use without thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast