Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Shablagoo!

Melonballer's Disneyland Trip Planning Journal

Hello all,
    Well after 3 years of no Disneyland I am finally going back this November. I will be there from Nov. 11th to Nov. 18th. I figured a trip planning journal thread might be fun (for me at least). So here it is. I am flying out of SeaTac on the 11th, catching a shuttle from the airport to my hotel, the Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini-suites. I stayed there last time and the convience to the parks is great and the room was clean. I donít spend much time at the hotel so the more expensive options offered byDisney did not interest me. Well, if I had the money they probably would, but Iíd rather save that money and spend it in the parks. I booked my trip via Costco. I get a few bonuses like a $20 gift card, a free pin and lanyard, and a free character breakfast.
    So what am I looking forward to?
    1. Riding Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain: Both were closed in Nov. 2003 so I have never ridden the DL versions of either ride. I have been on the WDW versions however.
    2. Tower of Terror: Havenít been on the DCA version yet. They were testing in 2003. Once again I have been on the WDW version.
    3. Buzz Lightyear
    4. Monsters Inc.
    5. Haunted Mansion Holiday: I love this attraction so much so that I gave up on seeing the Remember fireworks so that I could see this.
    6. Christmas Fantasy Parade: I havenít seen it since 1986
    7. Star Wars characters in Tomorrowland: OK this might just be a rumor, but if they are there I will love it. If not thatís ok too.
    8. Parade of Dreams.
    9. Pirates of the Carribean
    10. Enhanced/refurbished Attractions like Jungle Cruise, Tiki RoomLast but not least.
    11. Meeting Micechatters
    OK that is it for now. Soon I will post some of my plans for the days I am there.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Re: Melonballer's Disneyland Trip Planning Journal

Good idea!!

Keep us posted!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Shablagoo!

Thanks Miss Violet. Ya know I love that Disneyland day tracker you have in your sig. All I have to do is remove 1 day and I know how long unitl I go.

Anyways since I am posting I might as well talk more about my plans. I figure that since the 11th is Veteran's day and a Saturday it will be quite crowded. Maybe not Saturday after Thanksgiving crowded, but crowded enough. I should reach the park by 2pm or so, depending on traffic and if my flight is on time. I am going to concentrate that day on seeing Parade of Dreams and Fantasmic. Of course being the smart guy I am I will wait for the second showing of Fantasmic. It shouldn't be too hard to get a good view. I am going solo on this trip. Everyone else who talked about going was unable to pull it together. But like I said back when I announced this trip last year around this time, I am going whether or not anyone else is. I figure I will get a few rides in, epecially on rides with Single rider like Splash MOuntain. Of course the first thing I plan on doing is getting food when I get into the park. Since so many people like them I think I will go straight down mainstreet to the Corndog wagon. I love a good corndog. I plan on catching the Train as well. That will probably be the second thing I do, the old grand circle tour. Of course Donald Duck, pretty Princesses and pin stands could be a distraction from that goal.

I'm pretty much planning to play it by ear and not get too frustrated. I have a week so no reason to rush around and go all crazy. I'll get a few rides in, watch some parades and shows and just take it easy. I'll go all ride warrior once the weekdays hit.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

A whole week! My Husband would go insane... I would LOVE tog o for a week.. but I don't think he could handle that much Disney!

I'm very much a "checklist" kind of girl... when I went in July, I brought a little handmade mini-book with me that had listed everything I wanted to try. It was so awesome to actually have something in my hands reminding me what my goals were.

Ha! My goals... it sound like a business trip!!

I so plan on staying till midnight (is that right?) on Sunday the 12th.. Nothing better than Fantasyland at night! Make sure you ride BTMRR at night.. it's a doosie!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    A whole week! My Husband would go insane... I would LOVE tog o for a week.. but I don't think he could handle that much Disney!

I so plan on staying till midnight (is that right?) on Sunday the 12th.. Nothing better than Fantasyland at night! Make sure you ride BTMRR at night.. it's a doosie!
    Yep a whole week. This is going to be an interesting trip since I have never gone on a vacation completely by myself. I have always been with a family member or with some people from my school, so this might be a real experience. Also I am wondering if I will and when I will get tired of it. I imagine it will be later in the week, but then again the CHristmas parade will start by then. Hopefully some fellow micechatters will be around to keep me sane.

And I will be there till midnight on Sat and Sun. Thanks for the BTMRR tip. That's part of the reason why I started this thread in the first place to get good advice and fun little tips.

• Shablagoo!

So on the 14th I have to start calling to get priority seatings for restaurants. I don't plan on doing any sit down places on the 11th or 12th. Things can change of course, but that is the current plan. I get a free character breakfast, so I'll probably do the one at Plaza Inn on Monday, the 13th. I want to do 1 meal at Blue Bayou as well. It will probably be a lunch since I have heard that you can get a waterside table easier at the lunch seating as long as you get there early and get the early seating. Of course if I am wrong on that someone speak up. I am not sure which day I will eat there. I also want to do a nice dinner 1 night, probably at one of the hotel restaurants. I've been looking over menues and have not decided which one to eat at. While I am willing to try most things I am a bit of a picky eater and I am not a big fan of seafood. That's mostly because I get fresh Salmon and Halibut frequently and I have found that my father and my father's neighbor cook fish better than most restaurants I have been to. I'm also thinking about having lunch at Ariel's in DCA once while I am there. I figure it will be a good way to get some princess pictures. So of course if people have suggestions I am happy to hear them.

Speaking of princesses, I only get my picture with princesses and Donald. However, I think this time I am going to get as many pictures of characters outside of parades and shows as I can. Just for the heck of it. Maybe I will get a rare or uncommon character. It will be something to do.
    Last edited by Melonballer; 09-11-2006 at 12:36 AM.

• Banned User

Sounds like an awsome trip planned, of course we better see so many pics it wil make out head spin right? I also did a lot of planning for my trips, in the end I chucked them but it was so fun planning I know you are mega excited, I am also always totally excited

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    So on the 14th I have to start calling to get priority seatings for restaurants. I don't plan on doing any sit down places on the 11th or 12th. Things can change of course, but that is the current plan. I get a free character breakfast, so I'll probably do the one at Plaza Inn on Monday, the 13th. I want to do 1 meal at Blue Bayou as well. It will probably be a lunch since I have heard that you can get a waterside table easier at the lunch seating as long as you get there early and get the early seating. Of course if I am wrong on that someone speak up. I am not sure which day I will eat there. I also want to do a nice dinner 1 night, probably at one of the hotel restaurants. I've been looking over menues and have not decided which one to eat at. While I am willing to try most things I am a bit of a picky eater and I am not a big fan of seafood. That's mostly because I get fresh Salmon and Halibut frequently and I have found that my father and my father's neighbor cook fish better than most restaurants I have been to. I'm also thinking about having lunch at Ariel's in DCA once while I am there. I figure it will be a good way to get some princess pictures. So of course if people have suggestions I am happy to hear them.

Speaking of princesses, I only get my picture with princesses and Donald. However, I think this time I am going to get as many pictures of characters outside of parades and shows as I can. Just for the heck of it. Maybe I will get a rare or uncommon character. It will be something to do.
    That's the one I want to do too!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by tassie View Post
    That's the one I want to do too!!

I ate at Ariel's back in 2003. The food was good. At that time it was not a princess meal, but a meal with Mickey, Goofy, Pluto and Minnie in sailing outfits. Ariel also made an appearance. Its important that she showed up there because the day before while I was wandering alone around Disneyland I saw Ariel at her picture place in DL and was totally smitten. I told my mother about it and the next day she showed up at the lunch. When my mother discovered it was the same Ariel she made me get my picture with her. This started a trend of princess collecting where I would get my picture with as many princesses, villianesses and female face characters as possible. That's why this one is now so cool to me since I should be able to get several of them in one mealtime.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla View Post
    Sounds like an awsome trip planned, of course we better see so many pics it wil make out head spin right? I also did a lot of planning for my trips, in the end I chucked them but it was so fun planning I know you are mega excited, I am also always totally excited
    It is fun planning. Like my mother said the planning and anticipation is the best part. I realize a lot of my planning is going to go out the window as I roam around, though I imagine my Priority Seatings will be somewhat locked. As far as pictures go, well just look at some of my picture threads from earlier trips. I had lots of pcitures there and those were just some of the best shots since I had to scan them. This trip will be my first with my digital camera. I'm planning on taking at least 2 1 gig memory cards, plus the 256 card I got with the camera. Not only will your head spin, but your eyes may bleed.

• Banned User

I am so excited for you, this is going to be an amazing trip! you will see the new pirates, space mountain, and the decorations up. monsters ride, and so much more. I know that when I went the first time a lot of new things were in the making, and when go this time next month I will get to see the new pirates that was closed when I went last time. Your going to have a ball!!!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Mellonballer! I have been living in Tacoma since mid-June. I'm returning to California at the end of this month *points to siggy*

Its a small world

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

If you make a lunch reservation at the BB and ask what time they open (i think its 11am) get that time as your seating time. For lunch they fill in the water seats first then work their way back from there.

We went to dinner at 4pm this last trip and only waited 15 extra mins to get our water table, so its really not that bad. And the filet mignon was FABBO!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Disney Gram

Mellonballer...I was there June 2005 and again last November...but, I still have a list of things I want to see/do that I missed. The last trip before those two 50th trips was 2001 and that was a just for not quite two full days. June was 7 days and November was 9 days...NO, I NEVER got tired of Disney, nor bored! This time just about 3 1/2 days...

Hope to get to meet both you and MissViolet in November...and whoever else might be there the 14th-16th ... the days that I know are full days in the park...from open to close!!
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    Mellonballer! I have been living in Tacoma since mid-June. I'm returning to California at the end of this month *points to siggy*

Its a small world

Claribella - so glad you get to go "home" to DL!! Too bad it is before the Music of DL exhibit opens at EMP in November!! Though right now, I'd move anywhere to get away from "THE BRIDGE"

Sorry about the threadjack melon! Your trip plans are great and I think it is really neat to go alone. I couldn't do it, but mostly because I love to share things. Well, I could do it, but not for a week. Ok, I could do it. That's what cameras and cell phones and Micechatters are for!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youíd meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later youíd be playing like you were best friends?"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast