Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Beware of the mild-mannered Sun Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    We had the pleasure of going on the Sun Wheel for the first time on our trip in 2002. We had Simply Mad's son and our daughter with us and we got to the front of the line and the CM asked if we wanted a swinging gondola or a regular one. Not having any idea what the difference was, we chose swinging. Everything started innocently enough. SM's son sat next to my hubby and my DD sat next to me. Then IT happened. You know, the first unexpected swing where you think "OH MY GOD THE RIDE JUST BROKE AND WE ARE HEADING STRAIGHT FOR THE COMPLETELY USELESS UNTIL THIS MOMENT WATER BELOW" - the look on my hubby's face was priceless. He grabbed ahold of Simply Mad's son to keep him safe from flying about the portal of DEATH while looking at DD and I wanting to save us. I commended him multiple times that day and since on his being so responsible for someone elses child in a time of certain DEATH.

Needless to say, we haven't ridden the Sun Wheel of DEATH since.
    this is to priceless, what a great guy yeah, I did the same thing the first time I went on, I began to scream like a girl ( hey I am a girl

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    ferries wheels...along with clowns....are tools of the devil

the end
    Could not have said it better myself.

When I was a kid I once rode a ferris wheel where the cars could spin like the teacups. My friend and I were scared sh**less to say the least.

• Defying gravity

I'm not a fan of the Sun Wheel - it's just too scary. I hate when you stop right at the top and have to wait for people to load. Also, I've seen it get stuck too many times *shudders* I don't like the stationary gondolas, but I'll NEVER GO ON THE SWINGING ONES!!! (Besides, the line is always shorter for the non-swinging ones.... )

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Could not have said it better myself.

When I was a kid I once rode a ferris wheel where the cars could spin like the teacups. My friend and I were scared sh**less to say the least.
    That sounds terrifying

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    the sensation for me was like being on a swing in the park...and I move my body with the movement of the gondola, like I would on the swing in the park. If I just sit there or fight the movement , then i feel a bit queasy. The first few times we went on it we were screaming though...now we just talk throught the ride...LOL...

here's my daughter and her friend on the ride...it's very small, because it's a video and it's a big file. Hopefully it posts so it can be viewed.

So, I watched this little clip...this harmless little clip about the size of a postage stamp...

...and freaked out. It gave me the heebie jeebies! I could totally imagine myself, in that durned car, a bazillion feet up above the very hard concrete, falling to my death.

I am convinced. I will never ride the swinging gondolas. Seeing as I clutch at the cage of the stationary ones for the first few minutes of the ride....
    *shudder* I'm scarred for life!

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Heehee. I posted my reply...then watched that little clip again.

HEEBIE JEEBIES!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    the sensation for me was like being on a swing in the park...and I move my body with the movement of the gondola, like I would on the swing in the park. If I just sit there or fight the movement , then i feel a bit queasy. The first few times we went on it we were screaming though...now we just talk throught the ride...LOL...

here's my daughter and her friend on the ride...it's very small, because it's a video and it's a big file. Hopefully it posts so it can be viewed.

wow totally cool ScuBabe. ( it still scares the heck out of me
    I love the video, I am always amazed at how you do that

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

What I love best about the Sun Wheel is that it seems to be the most terrifying ride in Southern California when you ask guests about it, but is also the most innocently sunny and happy-looking. I think that Sun really enjoys its job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123