Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• n/a

Jungle Cruise Rules

Does anybody know the guidelines that the skippers must follow while coming up with material?
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• You Spin Me Right Round

Re: Jungle Cruise Rules

they can't.

• Shablagoo!

hmm I was always under the impression that they could, they just had to have the new line reviewed before they are allowed to use it.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    hmm I was always under the impression that they could, they just had to have the new line reviewed before they are allowed to use it.
    That is also what I thought.

• n/a

I'm pretty sure they can come up with stuff... Different skippers have different acts, stuff has to come from somewhere and I doubt Disney has script writers for the show.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    Does anybody know the guidelines that the skippers must follow while coming up with material?
    Yes, I know.

It can never be funny and must instead elicit a groan from the Guests.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they can come up with stuff... Different skippers have different acts, stuff has to come from somewhere and I doubt Disney has script writers for the show.
    If you listen to the Podcast Inside the Magic there is a segment hosted by a fellow that goes by the name Skipper Ben. He was a CP Jungle Cruise Skipper. in some of the older shows he details his experiences. From what I remember: There is a script that is to be followed, but areas have multiple parts to that Skippers pick and choose to make their own combinations. Skippers though do add in their own dialouge. The added dialouge usually occurs during the evening hours when management is more concerned with the parade and fireworks crowd control and less people are on the attraction. I know he was at WDW, but I'm sure it isn't drastically different.

• Know More Than You Should

A list of JC jokes used can be found here:

http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~yoda/jungle.htm

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    If you listen to the Podcast Inside the Magic there is a segment hosted by a fellow that goes by the name Skipper Ben. He was a CP Jungle Cruise Skipper. in some of the older shows he details his experiences. From what I remember: There is a script that is to be followed, but areas have multiple parts to that Skippers pick and choose to make their own combinations. Skippers though do add in their own dialouge. The added dialouge usually occurs during the evening hours when management is more concerned with the parade and fireworks crowd control and less people are on the attraction. I know he was at WDW, but I'm sure it isn't drastically different.
    You should also remember.. DL and WDW are different with their skippers.. WDW is a little more laxed i hear... that is after the probationary period...

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Jr. Miss Sunnygirl has an actual copy of a Jungle Cruise script given to her by a former CM. The script has several parts where it gives several alternative jokes to be read at the Skipper's choosing. According to the script however, they must use something from the script, and cannot use their own material.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

they should be able to tho....and just get it reviewed b4 they can use it...it would make he JC that much more enjoyable! I love all the old jokes...but being the liberal SOB that i am...BRING ON THE STANDUP MIKE! ON THE JUNGLE CRUISE! WOOT WOOT! YEAH!!!! U KNOW IT!!!!

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    You should also remember.. DL and WDW are different with their skippers.. WDW is a little more laxed i hear... that is after the probationary period...
    EVERYTHING is more laxed after probationary period @ DL ...this being if you do one little thing wrong, management can term you :x but once off Probationary...let the fun begin just not too much fun :/

If a Skipper wants to add a new joke to his/her spiel they either a) submit it in writing to the new joke box that sits in the shipping office, wait for it to get approved by management and add it to their spiel when it shows up in the offical script or b) (as 99.9% of Skips do) they just add it to their spiel. Most Skips will have enough sence to know how and when to deliver a joke and most new jokes are harmless....(of course that's my opinion!)

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by blubayou33 View Post
    If a Skipper wants to add a new joke to his/her spiel they either a) submit it in writing to the new joke box that sits in the shipping office, wait for it to get approved by management and add it to their spiel when it shows up in the offical script or b) (as 99.9% of Skips do) they just add it to their spiel. Most Skips will have enough sence to know how and when to deliver a joke and most new jokes are harmless....(of course that's my opinion!)
    I've heard enough "custom" jokes on there (even some I've never heard again from the same skipper) to believe that most, if not all of the skippers, are just adding in when they feel like it. I'm pretty sure that they have a good idea of what would be appropriate as I've never heard a one cross the line.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Jungle Cruise Rules

Here's an interview with several skippers.
    http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mt060817dk

Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast