Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• A New Kind Of Villain

Suggestion for Survey Takers at the Parks Exit & Promenade

So I know that pretty much everyone here who has been to the parks has been stopped or attempted to be stopped by a Survey Taking CM. You know exactly who I'm talking about:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of us find them just a tad annoying and over eager to get your attention; plus I'm pretty sure most of them don't see their job as rainbows and sunshine even more than the average CM.

So here's my suggestion to make this experience a little less painless for both parties involved:

Make sure all Survey CM's are wearing both a regular and a kids lanyard for pin trading! I know how simple and stupid this may sound, but think about it for a second. They already are able to get the majority of the tourist population to stop for them because they're unfamilar with this aspect of DLR; but when was the last time one of these CM's got a local guest or AP holder to stop? And these are DLR's main daily visitors! These are the people they need to get opinions from considering their view is a lot more objective. And I say this because the regular tourist who comes once every year or couple of years may be too starstruck by the entire experience to really critique it accurately.

Following my train of thought, a large portion of locals and AP holders are in fact pin traders because it becomes just another aspect of enjoying the park when you're there so often. I know for a fact that they would get me personally to stop and chat with them if they had a lanyard. I mean I stop and chat for a few minutes with almost every CM I see wearing a lanyard (Those who've gone to the parks with me know what I mean).

Maybe they could even take it further and give out a special pin (Nothing too fancy, maybe like the AAA ones, which I see everyone in the park with nowadays) if you complete the survey. And if they're worried about it being tradeable with CM lanyards, maybe make it a non-tradeable to CM's pin. The Pin Traders around the world would still go nuts to trade for a pin you can only get by visiting DLR and completing the survey.

In any case, something needs to be done to spice up these CM's jobs and make it a tad more magical to the guest. It would definitely benefit both parties.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Last edited by Sadako; 09-11-2006 at 08:48 AM.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• It's all nonsense

Re: Suggestion for Survey Takers at the Parks Exit & Promenade

Could you imagine characters doing the surveys? lol. Person walks up to Snow White wanting a pictures. Snow White pulls out a clipboard and asks 'So what hotel are you staying at?'.

• Long live the Fire Lord

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    . . . Snow White pulls out a clipboard and asks 'So what hotel are you staying at?'.
    I would just give her my key
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

They dont stop me. Do they surrvey Ap's? It seems that they always start to move torwads me but then stop when they see me putting the AP's way, or do I just smell?

• Artsy Fartsy

I was at the park on labor day with a group of Mc'ers who happened to be AP'ers as well and they stoped us mid hub meet and asked one of us to participate in a survey. So yeah it does happen.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    They dont stop me. Do they surrvey Ap's? It seems that they always start to move torwads me but then stop when they see me putting the AP's way, or do I just smell?
    No you don't smell. I go with myself and my 2 year old and they NEVER stop me. I think they target families or non-ap looking persons. I wear my AP around my neck on a lanyard...therefore I look like an APer.

Sad Re: Suggestion for Survey Takers at the Parks Exit & Promenade

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    No you don't smell. I go with myself and my 2 year old and they NEVER stop me. I think they target families or non-ap looking persons. I wear my AP around my neck on a lanyard...therefore I look like an APer.
    Well Mickey's Girls post it looks like I must stink.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Well Mickey's Girls post it looks like I must stink.
    And she also said that she was in a group. Like I said, they stop "family" type groups.

Don't worry..you don't wanna get stopped by a surveyor. You will have about half your Disney Day cut short.

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    And she also said that she was in a group. Like I said, they stop "family" type groups.

Don't worry..you don't wanna get stopped by a surveyor. You will have about half your Disney Day cut short.
    Thanks for making me feel better.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Suggestion for Survey Takers at the Parks Exit & Promenade

My wife and I got stopped in Downtown Disney lastnight after a little trip in Disneyland....and they stopped us and asked us if we'd spent 30 minutes in Downtown Disney. I said, "No - maybe 15 or 20." And then we didn't qualify for the questionnaire.

I felt so 'discriminated against'! HA

If that girl in the picture is a survey taker she needs to tuck in her shirt and pull herself together. Her supervisor let her go out in the park looking like that to bug customers with taking a survey?!?

Or better yet, they need to get the survey takers a more profesional looking costume in the first place. That young woman looks far too casual and unkempt to be representing the Walt Disney Company and interupting peoples vacation time with a pesky survey.

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    If that girl in the picture is a survey taker she needs to tuck in her shirt and pull herself together. Her supervisor let her go out in the park looking like that to bug customers with taking a survey?!?

Or better yet, they need to get the survey takers a more profesional looking costume in the first place. That young woman looks far too casual and unkempt to be representing the Walt Disney Company and interupting peoples vacation time with a pesky survey.

Are they CM's or an outside company?

Are they CM's or an outside company?
    Good question. But that still shouldn't matter. To the customers standing there they are being stopped by a "Disney person" to take a survey on her "Disney" experience. It's on Disney property, and its all concerning Disney business and experiences.

Regardless of who the employees paycheck comes from, the survey takers on Disney property should look more profesional than that young woman in the picture above.

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    Good question. But that still shouldn't matter. To the customers standing there they are being stopped by a "Disney person" to take a survey on her "Disney" experience. It's on Disney property, and its all concerning Disney business and experiences.

Regardless of who the employees paycheck comes from, the survey takers on Disney property should look more profesional than that young woman in the picture above.
    GTG.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was stopped for a survey, and it was a very pleasant experience. I answered the questions, and it didn't take very long, and the lady was very cordial.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast