Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    I did a search and couldn't find the answer but granted I'm at work so I can't do a thorough fine tooth comb search but ah well.

    How does one get a dinner at Club 33? You can't make reservations like at the Blue Bayou?

  2. #2

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    I believe you either have to be a member...or be invited by a member. I'm sure others know for sure though.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    637

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    Club 33 is a private dining club. Only members (or their designated agents) can make reservations. There are less than 500 members. To get get a dinner reservation there, you must know a member.

  4. #4

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    I believe you either have to be a member...or be invited by a member. I'm sure others know for sure though.
    You've hit the nail right on the head. And it is considered very bad form if you ask for such an invitation.

    --Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Camp Pendleton, CA
    Posts
    311

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    You can always ask Darkbeer.

  6. #6

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    Ah I see. I am remembering my uncle's 30 years with Pacbell celebration being held there. So I guess Pacbell, now SBC, is a member?

    Maybe when my dad has his 35 years he can have his celebration there. Then I could finally go!

  7. #7

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    And it is considered very bad form if you ask for such an invitation.

    --Barry
    Well I'd never ask for an invite because I don't know anyone who is a member.

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    637

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    That said, there are some other ways. First of all, there are several corporate members. The first time I dined at the Club, it was because my Father-in-law got a reservation through Pacific Bell (which then became SBC and is now, once again, a part of AT&T) for his 25th anniversary with the company and took my wife and I along. It is my understanding that this is how most non-members get in.

    Also, some members occasionally donate reservations to non-profit charity organizations as a fund-raiser. The members must get permission from the Club to do this, and the charities are allowed to sell or auction the reservation as long as the sale/auction is not public (it must be done either at a charity event or through the charities private mailing list). eBay is an absolute no-no.

    So you basically have to know someone: a member, someone who works for a corporation that has a membership, or someone associated with a charity that has been allowed to sell or auction a reservation. Of course, it's important to note that the latter route will cost you as the sale/auction is being used to raise funds for the charity -- the other two routes should not cost a thing other than the price of food/drink due to the fact that it is against Club rules for a member to sell or otherwise receive compensation for a reservation.

  9. #9

    • Me and Tommy Kirk
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chula-juana, CA
    Posts
    1,733

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    I've gone in through Coca-Cola, and another time with a business in Orange County somewhere. It's not impossible, but it's very true - you definitely need to know someone.

    Then there's the issue of paying once you get in!.When I went in with a friend of a friend, I had to not only have a pass or a ticket into the park, but my lunch at Club 33 cost me $60! That was the cost of the buffet, plus beverages, in which mine was diet coke.


  10. #10

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    The first time I dined at the Club, it was because my Father-in-law got a reservation through Pacific Bell (which then became SBC and is now, once again, a part of AT&T) for his 25th anniversary with the company and took my wife and I along. It is my understanding that this is how most non-members get in.
    Looks like we posted at the same time

  11. #11

    • Minion FOREVER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Campbell, CA
    Posts
    3,023

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    Opus1guy is one of the "local" experts (IMHO) on Club33. And he does post on MC frequently... Anyway, his website (http://hometown.aol.com/opus1guy/) has a lot of Club 33 info.

    -------
    Yay! That was my 1,000th post on MC!!!
    Last edited by nish221; 09-11-2006 at 01:56 PM.

  12. #12

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    Claribella, I did not mean to seem harsh with my first post here, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. To the others...is there an etiquette as to how one is invited? I'd always heard, and read here, that there are definite do's and dont's.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    637

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    Then there's the issue of paying once you get in!.When I went in with a friend of a friend, I had to not only have a pass or a ticket into the park, but my lunch at Club 33 cost me $60! That was the cost of the buffet, plus beverages, in which mine was diet coke.
    While some people like to *****foot around the price, I always say it's best to assume you're going to spend $100 per person for dinner ($85-$90 for lunch buffet) when you figure in tax and tip. Be prepared to spend a lot of money -- then you can be pleasantly surprised if it comes out a bit less.

  14. #14

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Claribella, I did not mean to seem harsh with my first post here, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. To the others...is there an etiquette as to how one is invited? I'd always heard, and read here, that there are definite do's and dont's.
    I wasn't offended at all! Believe me when I say it takes ALOT to offend me..

  15. #15

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    I've gone in through Coca-Cola, and another time with a business in Orange County somewhere. It's not impossible, but it's very true - you definitely need to know someone.

    Then there's the issue of paying once you get in!.When I went in with a friend of a friend, I had to not only have a pass or a ticket into the park, but my lunch at Club 33 cost me $60! That was the cost of the buffet, plus beverages, in which mine was diet coke.

    I find it mildley comical that you had to pay for your coke when you worked for them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Frogberto's PHOTOS from Dinner at Club 33
    By RobotMirror in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-16-2007, 10:14 PM
  2. Dinner at Club 33
    By RetroMousie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 05:42 PM
  3. Dinner at Club 33?
    By Tedi Bara in forum Community Outpost
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 02:06 AM
  4. Dinner cost at Club 33??
    By ganggreen4jc in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 07:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •