Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 9/10: A Million More Merch Ops, Port Royal, Lion King Tram Stop

Just a quick update... I didn't take too many pictures because Darkbeer has been covering everything exceptionally well, as always, and more picutres of the same stuff would be redundant... Anyway, here we go!

LION KING TRAM STOP GETS SOME HELP
    All of the yellow bump pads are being removed. Not sure if they're getting replaced, or if this is a signal of a complete sprucing up of the area. I hope that this means good-bye green cones, but something tells me that's only a fool's hope.

YEAR OF A MILLION MORE MERCHANDISE OPPORTUNITIES
    More merch. The coffee mugs and ornaments are cheap, cheap, cheap. The ornmanet, in particular, is ugly and overpriced. The design looks like how an iron-on transfer looks on a t-shirt. CHEAP! And the strange yellow glow they've added around the Castle turrets in some of these designs once again shows Disney's graphic artist's inability to stop adding to the design while they're ahead. The yellow glow is tacky and makes an otherwise decent logo look cheap and ugly.

Frame: $20.00

Keychain: $7.00

Coffee Mug: $10.00; Shotglass/Toothpick holder: $6.00

Ornament: $10.00; Magnet: $6.00

MORE PIRATES: PORT ROYAL CONSTRUCTION
    The new Pirates shop Port Royal, right next to the other Pirates shop is progressing. Le Bat En Rouge has moved down the street, as you all know, and currently has no signage, but the name should be catching up with the shop eventually.

Some possible themeing elements in this box? Looks like an American flag... Not sure how that'd tie into the themeing of a pirate store though...

"DON'T MISS!"
    As if it wasn't sticking around indefinately, Disney is promoting the 50th movie via posters outside of the theater. Don't worry folks, just because it has the big gold "50" on the poster, doesn't mean it will be "glowing away" anytime soon. Btw- sorry for the blur

LIGHTS, CAMERA...
    Action?

Some folks had some pretty fancy cameras out videoing Paradise Pier yesterday evening.

..And that's it. Thanks for looking

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 9/10: A Million More Merch Ops, Port Royal, Lion King Tram Stop

Thank you and never think you posting duplicate pics is bad...THE MORE THE MERRIER IS MY PHILOSOPHY!

• Neep meep beep

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 9/10: A Million More Merch Ops, Port Royal, Lion King Tram Stop

Great update, as always!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    Thank you and never think you posting duplicate pics is bad...THE MORE THE MERRIER IS MY PHILOSOPHY!
    Yes, I'll echo this sentiment - because not everyone clicks on the smugmug links, (I didn't say I was lazy, but ahem... if the shoe fits), I still think you'll find people that appreciate your hosted photos posted here, even if they are posted elsewhere!

• Lowering Expectations

Geez, that merch HAS to be some of the most unappealing shelf-clutter I have ever seen from DL. Cheap, unoriginal, generic. Looks like I could have made a better one in a craft class. Especially that ornament. Yuch!

Anyway, great update as usual Mastergracey, without treading over covered ground .

I just have to ask though- what have you got against those green cones? We musn't discriminate against cones of a different color or size you know.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Yes, I'll echo this sentiment - because not everyone clicks on the smugmug links, (I didn't say I was lazy, but ahem... if the shoe fits), I still think you'll find people that appreciate your hosted photos posted here, even if they are posted elsewhere!
    Thanks guys, I'll keep this in mind for next time

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Geez, that merch HAS to be some of the most unappealing shelf-clutter I have ever seen from DL. Cheap, unoriginal, generic. Looks like I could have made a better one in a craft class. Especially that ornament. Yuch!

Anyway, great update as usual Mastergracey, without treading over covered ground .

I just have to ask though- what have you got against those green cones? We musn't discriminate against cones of a different color or size you know.
    That whole tram stop is seriously the epitome of tacky! The green cones, yellow bumps, tacky industrial lighting strung overhead... It's bad. And to think, it's the first thing many guests see upon entering Resort property. That's depressing. haha.

| | |

• Lowering Expectations

I like the yellow bumps because they make me feel funny.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    YEAR OF A MILLION MORE MERCHANDISE OPPORTUNITIES
    More merch. The coffee mugs and ornaments are cheap, cheap, cheap. The ornmanet, in particular, is ugly and overpriced. The design looks like how an iron-on transfer looks on a t-shirt. CHEAP! And the strange yellow glow they've added around the Castle turrets in some of these designs once again shows Disney's graphic artist's inability to stop adding to the design while they're ahead. The yellow glow is tacky and makes an otherwise decent logo look cheap and ugly.

Keychain: $7.00

Coffee Mug: $10.00; Shotglass/Toothpick holder: $6.00

Ornament: $10.00; Magnet: $6.00

You know, I'm really liking the new Disneyland logo. I like the blue colors.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

[/CENTER]
    You know, I'm really liking the new Disneyland logo. I like the blue colors.
    I agree, the new logo isn't bad. I like it. But when they add the yellow glow to it as seen on the ornament and coffee cup, and when they tack it onto really generic merch just so they can hike up the price and sell a cheaply made ornament or mug.... well, that's when I get irritated.

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I agree, the new logo isn't bad. I like it. But when they add the yellow glow to it as seen on the ornament and coffee cup, and when they tack it onto really generic merch just so they can hike up the price and sell a cheaply made ornament or mug.... well, that's when I get irritated.
    Yes, this is true. I concur.

• Minion

I agree 100% thanks for posting them. I can't see too many pics!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

nice photos, thanks!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• The one, the only...

I think that it is a nice logo, but I am concerned that it is going to be the same logo for WDW, HK Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris. They will all have the same colors too. (At least they could have varied the colors for the different parks.) Oh, well, I guess that is progress for you.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

thanks for the update

the new logo isnt BAD... but somehow i see this as a generic logo (castle part) that will go to the other parks with different text...

• Back After Missing MC

MasterGracey as usual you ROCK. I love photo updates and I agree 100% with claribella, Frogberto, and tassie that the more photos the better! Living so far away and only seeing the parks every few years I live vicariously through all of you who are kind enough to take the time and effort to post so many great photos with updates on what is happening at the park. Even if there are duplicate threads about the same updates I still love seeing what different Mice Chatters found and hearing the event from different perspectives is always entertaining. Even though there seemed to be a hundred POC grand re-opening threads I loved every one and was glued to my PC for the first few days trying to read each and every one, scared I would miss a photo Thanks for all the updates and photos!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast