Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Mine train through natures wonderland bridge?

I was looking at photos of cascade peak, it was beautiful. And then I saw photos of it sitting there no water, still neat, but saddening... Then I just a mountain of dirt with a track around it.. even more saddening.. They should bring back Cascade Peak I personally think.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Neep meep beep

Yes, it was beautiful (from Gorillas don't blog). Note the construction of the Haunted Mansion in the background:

Perhaps there is no budget to fix it at this time?

• Neep meep beep

It's been down for a while - here's what it looked like after the "incident" in January, 2005. (Photo credit: Darkbeer)

• U. B. Bold

Interesting thread. Nature's Wonderland was one of my all time favorite attractions as a kid. It was like an Old West version of the Jungle Cruise.

There was an idea floated at WDI for extending BTMRR over the pathway, through a tunnel and back around a restored version of Cascade Peak, and perhaps through a portion of the old Living Desert as well (now Big Thunder Ranch). The trains would start off slow, just like the old Mine Train, and then, after passing back over the path, would gain speed to become the runaway train ride that we know and love.

I really like this concept and think it would be a great update to the almost 30 year old attraction.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Banned User

Kind of off topic but has most of the MTTNW props been used on BTMRR?

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    Interesting thread. Nature's Wonderland was one of my all time favorite attractions as a kid. It was like an Old West version of the Jungle Cruise.

There was an idea floated at WDI for extending BTMRR over the pathway, through a tunnel and back around a restored version of Cascade Peak, and perhaps through a portion of the old Living Desert as well (now Big Thunder Ranch). The trains would start off slow, just like the old Mine Train, and then, after passing back over the path, would gain speed to become the runaway train ride that we know and love.

I really like this concept and think it would be a great update to the almost 30 year old attraction.
    I like this idea too! It would be nice if there were passage ways that people could walk into, kind of like the caves at Tom Sawyers and see the trains running around, or maybe some ghosts of miners still working the mine.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post

That would be so cool! Or if anything else add in a slow train to go travel through all that unused space in Frontierland. So much could be done.

Love your ideas, PinBrian!

That picture of Cascade Peak looks absolutely beautiful. I wish I'd been around to see that.

• ev'thing is satisfactual

I have one vivid memory of being on the train at night going thru the desert area where there was a rattle snake on a rock. There were speakers that had the sound effects of the snake rattling sound.
    The fireworks for the park started and the train stopped! We actually sat there and watched the fireworks from the train. And that poor rattle snake rattled at us the whole time. It was a bit anoying. But it was the best seat I've ever had to see the fireworks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Snake01T9 says to himself, 'Why do they always top the train next to me! My rattle is way overdue for a rattle change and I have spasms in my tale...'

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Fan View Post
    I have one vivid memory of being on the train at night going thru the desert area where there was a rattle snake on a rock. There were speakers that had the sound effects of the snake rattling sound.
    The fireworks for the park started and the train stopped! We actually sat there and watched the fireworks from the train. And that poor rattle snake rattled at us the whole time. It was a bit anoying. But it was the best seat I've ever had to see the fireworks.
    When was this?

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

thats sad because i loved looking at a piece of disney history, also why was there a mine cart on the edge of the track
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234