Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

and please- don't trip over her stroller. Don't kick her kids. Don't run into her or her stroller without apologizing. Don't stop suddenly in front of her so she has to slam on the brakes. Don't stand in a chattering group blocking the sidewalk so she can't get through. Don't allow your kids to run wild and run into her and her kids. Don't act like she is the only one who has to watch out for you, this cuts both ways.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Don't kick her kids.
    Your taking all the fun out of my trips to Disneyland!

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Die stroller thread, die!!!!!

*stomp, stomp, stomp*

must ..... resist .... urge ...... to ...... bump ........ thread ...... :devil:
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    its already been bumped
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

You could paint the stroller gold

You could paint the stroller gold Maybe then everyone would think its part of the 50th celebration! Or if possible and you have 2 adults to do the pushing maybe renting 2 strollers may be the answer those double tandem ones are pretty long , hard to see the nose area and see where its going to hit. Seriously just remember you " I am sorry's" with the crowds I think you may be needing it. A recording strapped to the stroller may take care of it. I sometimes think when leaving crowded areas Fantasmic, Fireworks ect... its just best to wait till the crowds die down and be on of the last ones to exit.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Hehehehe.... Now anyways, just be careful with the strollers!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    its already been bumped
    Alright, who resurrected the thread?

Anyway, for those who want to make their strollers safer, the best way is by removing the wheels.

ok, now I have to chime in.... I have two little ones, ages 3 and 19 months. Any of you that have been complaining about strollers are more than welcome to spend an entire day, or for that matter, half a day taking care of my kids at the park. we'll give you the kids, the wipes, the diapers, money for food and souvi's, the backpack with all the stuff, the change of clothes, the snacks, the jackets/sweaters, so on and so forth...

But, you dont get a stroller. The kicker is, you have to take the kids trough the park with no stroller. Both of them can walk (and you'll see just how good the 3 year old can run!, trust me on that one). They would be more than happy to be your very own personal tour guides (I'll even give them my old "D" pin and throw on some plaid as well). Your task is to keep up with them and have your sanity by the end of the day.

How ill you do when 20 minutes into the visit, one of them is pulling you into the Emporium, while the other is screaming that he wants to see Mickey.

How about 45 minutes in when they are both hungry, and as you sit down to eat \for the first time, the 19 moth old is wiggling out of his seat under the table and the 3 year old see's Goofy and darts off through the crowd, just as you take your first bite of that hamburger you jusdt stood in line for.

Or how about three hours later, when the 3-year old is too tired to walk anymore and wants to be carried. The 19-month old has been plotting several escape attempts at this point and finally makes his getaway, all of this while you have been tearing through the backpack to get to a diaper.

And about that backpack, the one you've been carrying all day, how is your back doing?

Do you think you could handle two, screaming crying kids all day without the use of a stroller to keep a more of a controlled atmosphere? If you are up for the challenge, please let me know, becuase my wife and I would love to raom the park for an evening without having to worry about whose butt stinks, which one didnt get what, and checking with the booky to find out what the over/under is on the number of bathroom trips will be.

• Minion

The strollers still annoy the heck out of me, but the leashes are fine by me. Especially since kids are such rabid beasts. But you need the stroller, and you sound very courteous and such. So just have fun!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

It's not the fact that the strollers are there that bothers me. Mainly it's the operation of the things that bother most of us!

Not only that, but whoever came up with the idea of the damned double- and triple-wide strollers should be shot. Go back to the strollers with one kid in front and one in back. That way it's not as wide and doesn't block the walkways as much.

A little common courtesy goes a long way!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Vehicle rotating backward

I think generally the problem is that people are so taken away by seeing the park and looking at everything that they aren't paying attention as to where the stroller is heading and what the wheels are rolling over on their way there.

• Waiting for the stork

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod
    It's not the fact that the strollers are there that bothers me. Mainly it's the operation of the things that bother most of us!

Not only that, but whoever came up with the idea of the damned double- and triple-wide strollers should be shot. Go back to the strollers with one kid in front and one in back. That way it's not as wide and doesn't block the walkways as much.

A little common courtesy goes a long way!

So then I don't guess you'd like to see my 6 seater than? No I don't take them to Disneyland but around town...You should see the looks we get....
    http://www.kaplanco.com/store/trans/...=bye+bye+buggy
    I have the red one
    it's only 27.5 inches wide (doorways are no problem) but it's about 6 feet long...

but in defense of strollers...just try it with multiple small children and no stroller for the entire day Newseditor44 said it perfectly

and by the way I have always been very careful not to clip anyone with my stroller but I can't even begin to tell you how many people have kicked, ran into, bumped and tripped over my stroller because THEY were not watching where they were going and then they glare at me....hey that's my child you just squished how 'bout an apology

so those of you complaining abut strollers...please watch out that you don't accidentaly step on the little loves sitting down there while you are looking off in the distance, or distracted by your own child not in a stroller running away from you......

(ahh I feel better, I just had to get that off my chest.)
    procrastibating

• Sock Puppet

I don't have children but I visited the park with some friends last year who have two kids, 3 and 1. Boy, I must say I have a new appreciation for parents with strollers. It's true, it's hard to work your way through crowded lanes and in lines for rides with those damn things. To any parents dealing with strollers and children, I applaud you...

BUT...

the parents who either use their strollers as weapons or are completely oblivious to those around them, really shouldn't be allowed in the park. This is what is meant by "stroller etiquette." Just like "cell phone etiquette." Not all people play by the rules of common courtesy and it's THOSE people I have an active problem with. They may be tired and frazzled from dealing with crowds and lines all day, but guess what, we all are. This doesn't give anyone the right to be rude.

Again to any parents sincerely trying to enjoy the park with their little ones and not brandishing their equipment as weapons, this doesn't apply to you.

• My cuties!

Actually you are better off being around me with my double wide as opposed to my tandem one -- it is easier to manuever!

Here is a picture of my babies in the stroller we are bringing so you can know what to be on the look out for! (This picture was taken 2 years ago so my "babies" are much bigger now!)

• Waiting for the stork

Awww, they are cute......
    procrastibating

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast