• Minion

Exclamation Best Place to sit for POD and RDCT!

For all of us that were lucky enough to see the soft openings, what are your opinions on the seating? How early should one get to the area?

I was right at the tomorrowland entrance for POD, and when they stopped the parade for the dance number, Pinocchio's float was in front of us. The acrobats are way cool... (I was on the right side of the park, i.e. the side of the right tunnel, i.e. TL entrance...)

As for RDTC, that one is an iffy one. While theoratically the best place to be is right in the hub, so many people stood in front of those guys on the streets that I'm sure you that you wouldn't to be able to see the castle effects without some strategy. Last night was a very LIGHT day, Buzz Lightyear was rarely more than a 10-15 min. wait all day, and POTC and HM were about 5-7 min. Even Indy didn't need fastpass. Imagine what it will be like on 05-05!!!

I think the best place to see the fireworks is right in front of the castle. At the preview, everyone was seated, and people were standing up at the curb. I got my spot about 30-45 min. prior to the show, and all around the hub was packed. The spot in front of the castle gives you a clear view of all the effects and fireworks, as well as a great P.O.V. for the effects on the Matterhorn. The only gripe I'd say is that when things start happening all around you, you'll start to get whiplash!

So what about the rest of you guys, what hints can you give our fellow Mice Chatters?
    Last edited by Soulquarian; 05-03-2005 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Better Loction info for parade.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.
    Well, I was by the Partner's statue on the right hand side of it when I saw RDCT last night, and that was a really good spot. You could see everything. But I guess in FRONT of the statue, probably sitting on the curb with the opening to the castle right in front of you would be PRIMO seating.

• Head Salesman

When you let people in on best locations for the parade, you should mention which way the parade is going, becasue the float order gets reversed.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Minion

That's about where I was, looked really crowded by the partner's statue!

• Minion

• To see the lead float, grab a seat on the curb outside the Main Street Opera House
    • The Beauty and the Beast float stops in front of the Main Street train station
    • The Pinocchio float stops in front of City Hall, the “special effects” are on the rear of the float
    • The Little Mermaid “float” has two units. Ariel's section stops between the Emporium and the Main Street Fire Station, while the Ursula unit stops outside 20th Century Music
    • The Alice in Wonderland unit stops between the Market House and New Century Timepieces
    • The Lion King float stops between the China Closet and Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor. The west side of the street offers an excellent view of one of the arielists, the other is on the rear of the float
    • The finale float stops between Coke Corner and the Corn Dog Wagon

And should you catch the reverse version...

• Beauty and the Beast float – between the China Closet and Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
    • Pinocchio float – between the Market House and New Century Timepieces
    • Ariel float – outside 20th Century Music
    • Ursula section – in front of the Emporium / Fire Station
    • Alice in Wonderland unit – City Hall
    • Lion King float – in front of the Main Street train station
    • Finale float – outside the Main Street Opera House

Courtesy of Mouseplanet

• Defeats the Huns

Go to Intercotwest.com for a huge guide on where to catch what.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Okay I'm confused with the stops? Will most people only see like one show stop? or do they all stop at a certain place, each time? Like one say stops infront of emporium, will the next one stop there too? Just so everyone that's there see's each show stop?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    You get to see one show stop...which I personally think should change. Ideally, everyone should be able to see two show stops...the way it currently is, the floats go by a little too quickly. They should make it so the show stops every 4th float (if we count the Little Mermaid float as 2).
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Defeats the Huns

if they stop every 4th float, then they'll end up doing 6 show stops.. making hte parade WAY too long. there are many spots along hte parade route where you can see two show stops. The guide at Intercotwest.com tells you exactly where each float stops each time because they don't change. They will ALWAYS stop at the same places (give or take a few feet).

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    hmmm.... I want to see the pinnochio stop/mermaid/lion king on video :P

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~