Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

When can we expect Metal Detectors and Xray machines?

I would have hoped 5 years ago that we would have already had a security check point utilizing Metal Detectors and X-ray machines.
    Frankly I think that we are way overdue for this.

I was at the park a few weeks back and saw a gangbanger playing with his serious looking Switchblade near his family (In fantasyland of all places)

I don't know about you but I sure would like to see the bag check area replaced with a true security checkpoint (concealed armed security, Metal Detectors and Xray bag screening) helping make sure that the happiest place on earth stays happy. Sure it will make entry take a longer period of time but frankly the value of human life is worth alot more than lost time.

There should be specific "no bag lines" to speed the process for those travelling bagless.
    The detectors and screening machines could be themed to make them less of an eyesore.
    The security checkpoints would continue to exist where current checks are now, once you pass through these checkpoints there would not be additional screening when entering turnstyles (preserving the magic of the parks as much as possible)
    Last edited by CAspace; 09-12-2006 at 12:16 AM. Reason: changed text from "Gangbanger looking type" to gangbanger.

Re: When can we expect Metal Detectors and Xray machines?

Oh heavens. There are so many things wrong with this argument.
    1. What's a "gangbanger looking type?"
    2. I'd rather see cast members doing indivitual inspections than seeing the main entrance turn into an airport terminal with all its scary security.
    3. ... what's a "gangbanger looking type?"

Hi mrfantasmic thanks for the post,
    Frankly I do not like the language I used in that post regarding a "gangbanger looking type" as well. I changed it to GangBanger.

A common GangMember "uniform" commonly contains a Shaved Head, identifiable gang Tattoos containing the words "Crips, 18th Street, etc.....), white tank top, low saggy pants.

I went to a public highschool with many gangbangers, if you have any friends in Law Enforcement you can ask them about gang uniforms.

This is besides the point. My side point was that someone got into the park with a weapon (a Switchblade not a swiss army knife or little leatherman)

My main point is that there should be a higher degree of security at the checkpoints, regardless of if this makes it like an airport or not (which we can deal with by theming the detectors). Go to many countries in the world and you have to go through Xray and Metal detectors to go to a shopping mall. This is just the world we live in.

If we keep DL safe we will not have to worry about all this once we step through the turnstyle. Again a little prevention and inconvenience goes a long way. Were already looking in bags and taking the time with a checkpoint lets do it right. So that everyone has a safe and magical day.
    Last edited by CAspace; 09-12-2006 at 12:20 AM.

• DCA lover

I guess I agree with the first post if only on the part about a "no bag" line. I hate that I have to wait for everyone to get their bags checked when they will just wave me through when I finally get there.

ETA: As far as "theming", I'm not sure you would want to put the cute Disney brand on something like 'scary security'. It brings the 'real world' too much into the park through association.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

ok then..

#1 saying someone looks like a "gang banger type" is stereo typing , not all "gang bangers" look / act the same , so of someone is wearing baggy pants with a shaved head and a big baggy shirt , and you think he is a gang banger , that is called ignorance

#2 treat people like criminals , and they will act like criminals , i wou'dnt feel any safer , (and frankly i would be offended ) if i had to get patted down and go through a metal detector to get into disneyland , i would hope that the family fun and magical environment of the park would keep that kind of "gang banger" like behavior away in the first place

#3 maybe we could just heard all the "gang banger" type looking people through a metal detector , and let all us normal people just walk into the park , because we all know , only kids with baggy pants ever do anything wrong

My Maleficent tattoo

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I'm with GrimmGreen on this. Its true that our world has become a unpredictable, scary place. But at what point do you completely give up and let the "bad guys" win. Whats next? Total screening for everyone going to the movie? Security checks before you go grocery shopping?

And no matter what level of security you have, there will always be something that will get through. Like they say, if someone wants something bad enough they'll find a way to get it. We've given up enough of our freedoms and casual way of life because of violence already.

You can't protect everybody from everything all the time. Things will still happen, things will still go wrong and I for one am not willing to subject mass humanity to such indepth scrutiny somewhere like Disneyland.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Quality not quantity

This again?

Bag checks are not about security. They are about plausible deniability and food sales.

In the event of an unfortunate event at one of the parks, the Disney brass can say they did what the could. When in fact they really did nothing at all.

Having a bag check also helps discurage people from brining in food. Which means more in park sales for Disney.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• I'm not really here

I love the fact that at Disneyland you get big burly bikers wearing Mikey Ears and the Goth crowd hanging out and having fun with everyone else. Disney allows everyone to mix and be happy. I think security is fine as it is. No metal detectors, no x-ray machines. They don't need it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• insufferable know-it-all

The last thing we need is to make Disneyland as inconvenient to enter as an airport. I know people who love to travel but have flat given up on it because the airport security harangue has just made it too miserable to bother with. Should The Happiest Place On Earth follow suit? No.

In fact, I often wish they'd just do away with the stupid useless bag checks. They don't protect anything, they just comfort stupid people.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Disneyland sits in the middle of Anaheim. The park is surrounded by public roads and private property. A terrorist would never have to get inside the parks to do damage. Until somebody can provide me with a means of Disney legally monitoring the surrounding areas any more in "security measures" would still be pointless.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I love the fact that at Disneyland you get big burly bikers wearing Mikey Ears and the Goth crowd hanging out and having fun with everyone else. Disney allows everyone to mix and be happy. I think security is fine as it is. No metal detectors, no x-ray machines. They don't need it.
    Could not agree more. Well said.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Well Disneyland is supposidley an no fly zone already. I really don't think increased security will really do anything except have you wait 3 hours just to get into the park. By then guests will be irritated before they get in the parks. Bad idea.

• Banned User

Well the security check point doesnt even check your shoes or pockets for bombs or anything. They should have metel detectors like six flags.

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    A common GangMember "uniform" commonly contains a Shaved Head, identifiable gang Tattoos containing the words "Crips, 18th Street, etc.....), white tank top, low saggy pants.
    Except for the tats (which can be covered), this is exactly what my 20 year old cousin looks like. Gangsta is a fashion statement these days, not a definitive uniform.
    xo, Deanna

• phbbbbbt

Forgot to say, my cousin is a good kid, not a banger. He has a good job (making like $36,000, here in So Cal), is attending school so he can get a raise, and has a steady girlfriend...
    xo, Deanna

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast