Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

The great thing about having an AP.

This year is the first year I have had an AP. A few of my "lucky" friends had them though high school and they would simply go for just lunch. I would think how this was even possible?!?! Go to Disneyland for "just lunch"!!! Now I understand. I understand fully.

Having an AP puts us in a new state of mind. Something that simply can not be explained in pure words, but I must try.

When you spend the 53$ at the gate to get in, your automatically in a rush state of mind. You MUST get your 53$ worth of the park. What that means changes from each visitor. Most it means riding EVERY ride in the park at least once, or riding there favorite ride a few times. That requires you to be there at or close to opening. So you get up early, and if your like me, CRANKY! This was the first thing in my mind that changed. I now am in no rush to get to the park. This alone starts the day off on a good foot.

So you mozy into the park at noon for a fun day. No hassle of waiting in line (at the ticket booth) just to wait in line. Just walk right into th turnstyle, wave your pass, and your in! No hassle other then parking.

So now your strolling down main street at noon, relaxed as apposed to running towards your first ride at 8:30AM or whenever the park first opens. And thats just the start of the day! Such a DRASTIC change already!!!

So there I am, walking with my wife down main street last Sunday. She wants food. So we go for food!!! We choose New Orleans Square for something good and head on down. As apposed to stifling your hunger on bottled water to make sure you get another ride in.

On our way, we pass the Indy Q and the Fast pass board says 10 min wait. Suddenly my wife takes a detour from food and into the line for Indy. Now THATS a way to start a day Man I love her. Anyways, after that we hit food. We get our food, sit down, and ENJOY it. I mean we take slow bites, savor the BBQ'd pork, and enjoy the jazz band they had playing. I loved watching the guest's dancing to the music, and even noticed an old couple who apparently only came to the park just for the band. If I paid at the gate, I would be wolfing my meal down so I can get in line for the next ride.

After dinner, my wife and I walk right into HM. Had some fun talking with people in the line, and reading the epitats on the headstones. Poor pig, bought the farm... After that we went by Splash and noticed a 65 min wait! Man, if I shelled 53$, that would of annoyed me. But I would be in line!! My wife and I looked at each other and said "Later" and walked away, right into POTC and then BTMRR. We hit both those rides in the time it would of taken us to be in line for Splash! We came back to Splash later and it was down to 35mins. Thatís acceptable

All throughout the day, my wife and I where ADMIRING the PARK, not the RIDES! Disneyland in itself is an attraction, but I never noticed it. I never noticed the beauty when I was in line looking at the back of someone's head. We sat down and talked when we where tired instead of "pushing though it" to get to the next ride. We waited for our Dole Whip longer then any ride, and that was OK. We simply enjoyed are entire experience, not just the rides.

So, in short, having an AP allows people to enjoy the park, and not be rushed to enjoy the rides. I think that is why Sunday was very crowded, but the lines where short. Most everyone was AP's and they were just enjoying the park.

Sorry for the long post, but I just had to share my thoughts with you guys (and gals).

What do YOU like about having an AP?

Gib

P.S. Sorry for anyone who does not yet have an AP.

• Rainicorn.

*cries* Stop teasing.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.
    I TOTALLY understand what you mean about the AP's. My husband and I got our premium passes last year and we are going to renew them every year.

I never took the time to appreciate how beautiful and magical the park is. I was always spending too much time calculating how many rides I could go in the short amount of time I was there when I paid at the gate.

Having a pass is absolutley incredible. And we live only 4 miles from the park, so a lot of times my husband and I will go just to see Fantasmic! Or we'll go after dinner to get a churro and walk around the park and just take it all in.

It's wonderful! Best investment ever!!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    *cries* Stop teasing.
    Im sorry. I do not mean to brag or tease.

• Where's my other cent?

My fiance and I just got our premium passes. Sort of an early wedding present to each other. Anway, we had some time on Saturday night, so we decided to head on down to the park. We took a stroll around, (that's right, a stroll) enjoyed a few rides, enjoyed the details of the park. I even discovered a new favorite of mine: the shooting exposition. I had never bothered to waste my time there before, I had other more important things to do. Not anymore. I don't know if they made any major changes during the refurb, but that thing is sweet. Anyway, we stayed until closing, just enjoying the park and each other.

Best part about having an AP? Easy. Sunday night. Same story. Went just because we could. Oh, and that 50 cents in my pocket, that got used on some shootin'.

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    *cries* Stop teasing.
    I second that thought. I would be so happy if I could manage to get to the park for a few days just once a year. Unfortunately, until I move far far away from here, that is highly unlikely.

• Merry 2014!

that's it--I am moving to disneyland! soon. i swear. really, truly. brown air be damned!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

deleted
    Last edited by Tinkerbarbie; 12-17-2005 at 02:20 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    that's it--I am moving to disneyland! soon. i swear. really, truly. brown air be damned!
    Orange County has no brown air. Thats LA!!!!

•   
    • Minion

Things I like about my Premium AP...

10. Free Parking
    9. Quarterly Newsletters
    8. Discounts at most restaurants.
    7. Discounts at most of the stores.
    6. AP area of the Website
    5. Lunch or Dinner in the park, no hassle.
    4. Satisfy my POTC craving with out having to pay 53 a pop...
    3. The ability to enjoy the park through out the seasons...
    2. Disneyland durring the holidays.
    1. I can go any time I visit family in San Dimas - even on weekends and can take them because they have AP's too...
    Check out my other blog:

• CM for 4 years!

I love everything about the AP that YOU love, gibbage!

• Wasn't Me!

I have to agree totally. I usually visit the park after work and to pick up my honey!

It is totally a different state of mind on an AP! I wander around, talk to cast member friends, sit and people watch and on occassion jump on a ride if the line is short.

I find, after a stressful day at work, just walking in those gates makes all the worrys of the day disappear!! I am relaxed and SO peaceful!!

I think, now that I have my pass, I couldn't go back to paying for a ticket for a day!!

LOVE MY AP!!!!!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by viewaskewniverse
    Having a pass is absolutley incredible. And we live only 4 miles from the park, so a lot of times my husband and I will go just to see Fantasmic! Or we'll go after dinner to get a churro and walk around the park and just take it all in.

It's wonderful! Best investment ever!!!!
    I can't wait until fall to do things like that! I have a premium AP and I don't new the newsletter? What is the deal with that? I like the fact that when I go on vacation I can rush to to the hotel, drop my bags, grab my eeyore bag and pin bag and go to the park, relax and just realize where I am. I need to SEE IT so I can stop being ansy and get some sleep. I get so excited I just need to see it. In Jan. I went in the rain to Downtown Disney and bought pins and then walked back to a hotel I didn't know it was across the street. Quite fun and totally worth it. I also like being able to go without having to feel rushed on my park hopper ticket. If my mom has a 5 day ticket and we are there 7 days I can go more and just do and see what I want.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Gibbage, you nailed it. I've said the same exact things several times in here on other threads.

I've gone to the parks when stressed out before, just to calm, sit, relax, and think; just for a meal, and even to wait out afternoon traffic. There is nothing in the world like sitting with a good book in a Plaza Inn sunroom with a cup of coffee on a winter evening.

Disneyland is beautiful, magical; it is indeed the attraction in and of itself that Gibbage mentioned. I've enjoyed so much watching my friends undergo that same transformation when they realize what a great "park" Disneyland is once they hold that magic plastic card.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

I love going whenever I feel like it Not having to worry about missing any of the rides cause I can go again the next day or week and go on it then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast