• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

9/12 photos - Accident on Disneylad Dr, moving the fence back for Midway Mania....

This time, a walk around the fences from Tuesday, September 12th.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1884676

First, a single car accident (ran into the Lamp Post) that closed south bound Disneyland Drive at Magic Way for about a hour

The demo work at the Lion King Tram area (major refurb)

Pushing the fence out on the south end of DCA near California Screamin' for the new Midway Mania attraction

And more....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Re: 9/12 photos - Accident on Disneylad Dr, moving the fence back for Midway Mania....

Thanks DB. You help my DL cravings. So far 8 months since my AP expired, and 5 months till I plan on getting a new one. I took a 1 year brake.

• Senior Minion

Re: 9/12 photos - Accident on Disneylad Dr, moving the fence back for Midway Mania...

First of all.... Ouch! Thanks Darkbeer.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Re: 9/12 photos - Accident on Disneylad Dr, moving the fence back for Midway Mania....

What is actually happening with the fence is that they are creating a construction entrance. The fenceline will not need to be moved to accomodate the new ride building. There was a convenient line of existing barrier poles that they are topping with the fence poles to create the construction road which will most likely lead to an existing gate where construction workers and vehicles can enter without over-burdening the normal entrance used for deliveries. There are several existing gates along the Timon fenceline. One of them was used in a similar fashion when ToT was being built. Construction workers will probably be able to park between the two fences and then walk to the construction site via the closest existing gate.

• Popular Princess

once again, thanx for the great pics! you have once again helped me get my disney fix!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Darkbeer, I love your reports! Thanks so much!

Ok question...what is the guy in on the left doing?!?!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    Ok question...what is the guy in on the left doing?!?!
    He is actually buying a ticket for the ART system, the machine is an automated ticket dispenser that takes cash and credit cards.

But I really don't think you asked the question for the real answer
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    He is actually buying a ticket for the ART system, the machine is an automated ticket dispenser that takes cash and credit cards.

But I really don't think you asked the question for the real answer
    Actually yeah I did..I couldn't make out what the machine he was looking at was..thanks!

• Banned User

Great update!

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Glad they are fixing that hideous tram load/unload area.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.