Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Nemo queue building?

What do you think the new Find Nemo submarine queue building will look like? It looks like they are clearing out a lot of space in front of the old monorail station for it so it should be something bigger. They are going to need something bigger for the huge line the subs will generate. Do you think the new monorail station will be enclosed? Will the peoplemover track stay? What would you like to see built? Will there be a preshow? What are your ideas for a new submarine preshow?
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: Nemo queue building?

I'm gonna say that the People Mover track will stay only because I think they are gonna do something with it later.

• It's all nonsense

Has it been confirmed to be a building? I can't imagine what building they would build to fit tomorrowland.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

they need something multileveled so the line for the subs doesn't meet up with the lines heading into DCA :|
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Sector Two Droid Repair

I can't see them leaving the queue the way it is and just adding holes for temporary rope polls. It has to be somekind of enclosed building, otherwise it will be impossible to walk around in that area.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• I'm not really here

I have a feeling they are going to make it look like the docks in Sydney Harbor as much as they can. Which would be pretty cool. Especially if they use smells and give it a briney salty smell. This seems likely especially if they are going to really have AA seagulls ("Mine!") around the lagoon.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I have a feeling they are going to make it look like the docks in Sydney Harbor as much as they can. Which would be pretty cool. Especially if they use smells and give it a briney salty smell. This seems likely especially if they are going to really have AA seagulls ("Mine!") around the lagoon.

they are going to have the seagulls saying "mine"

• I'm not really here

It's been rumored and mentioned in various places. I doubt it will be with anything approaching the frequency of the actual seagulls in the movie. They don't want people going postal on them.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    I'm gonna say that the People Mover track will stay only because I think they are gonna do something with it later.
    Al and Dusty have confirmed this...they just don't want to go into detail.

I have a feeling that the line is going to end up wrapping around the lagoon (and guests would be entertained by the seagulls)...and the new queue in the old space would look harbor-like I think. I don't think it's going to be a building...and from my understanding the Monorail is getting a slight shift, isn't it? That will be a big variable, too.

• Street Rat

I would LOVE to see a really fun nand interactive que like Indiana Jones. Maybe, an underwater cave and you walk into sea anemones or something. Or maybe the walls could be real aquariums>? I would just really like to see something interesting because the lines are going to be HUGE and you will be sitting there for a long time!

I'd guess they would do something similar to what was there for the old subs, switchbacks mostly underneath the Peoplemover-Monorail Tracks/Monorail Station. That would use the least amount of space in the area with sticking out to the walkways to much. It worked before, it would likely work again.

There will be lines out to Main Street when it opens no matter how long the actual ride Queue is. But those will fade away after the first summer or so and all the locals have had their chance to ride. Do they really need another queue as big as Idiana Jones for just one summer?

• Just this guy......

I really hope that they make a much nicer que line. The old sub que had nothing and made screaming looked detailed. I know that they are adding the seagulls, but I also hope that they don't say "Mine" every 5 seconds.... after an hour of that in line I'll want to kill someone.

• Atomic Audioanimatronic

Quote Originally Posted by DLDan View Post
    I would LOVE to see a really fun nand interactive que like Indiana Jones. Maybe, an underwater cave and you walk into sea anemones or something. Or maybe the walls could be real aquariums>? I would just really like to see something interesting because the lines are going to be HUGE and you will be sitting there for a long time!
    Incorporating real aquariums would be a *fantastic* idea...

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Red Face Re: Nemo queue building?

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    And can you imagine the mess it would make taking it down? I mean, that track is ALL over the place..in the trees, over the water.....down the thoroughfare of Tomorrowland........

My thought is like yours - they will be doing something with it soon.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Red Face Re: Nemo queue building?

Why wouldn't they just use the OLD queue area? What was wrong with it in the first place? They can make overflow area, but where it was seems fine and "OUT OF THE WAY".

One thing I will say about Tomorrowland that is true of our TOMORROWS is it's CROWDED in doesn't flow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast