Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• back in Austin

Is the Google aerial photo for DL recent?

Many of the aerial images used in Google Earth and Google Maps are several years old. According to the Google Earth Blog, aerial images for much of the US have just been extended or updated.

I looked at the photo for DL and noticed water in the sub lagoon and was wondering if the photo was post or pre-rehab. Any sleuths out there want to help answer my query? I'm far from DL so I don't know, say, the state of the sub lagoon.

Go to http://maps.google.com/, type in "1313 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA" and click the Satellite or Hybrid button. Then you can move the map around and zoom in to your hearts content.

Old or new image? what say ye?

Re: Is the Google aerial photo for DL recent?

Thats pre for sure.

• I'm not really here

Definitely pre-rehab as there are no new show buildings in the lagoon, but it is post rocket-rods as there are no rockets on the track at all. Looks like the old 1998 TL paint scheme as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Oh my Goodness!

You can also see the Space Mtn. is in the middle of a re-paint job or something.

Hmm. wonder if they have really updated any of the aerial shots for anywhere. My area is still from several years ago. Maybe they have taken the pics and just haven't uploaded them yet.

Space Mountain's paint job returning it to white dates the image to around Fall 2003.

Matt
    "I Only Hope That We Never Lose Sight Of One Thing,
    That It Was All Started By A Mouse." - Walt Disney
    http://www.StartedByAMouse.com

• Banned User

You can also see the classic mickey flowers planted in front of the train station.

•   

If you look really close you can see Christmas decorations up in both parks, TOT being built and Space Mtn in the process of being painted white again. My guess is either November-December of '03 or '04.

• I'm not really here

I know that Google Earth has updated their imagery (though not of the DL area just yet). However, DLP has really good imagery now. You can zoom WAY in and still get pretty amazing resolution. Can see individual people and almost the colors they are wearing. Hopefully they are still uploading all the imagery of the US.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   

WDW images are being updated too, a few months ago all of MGM and DAK were out of range but now some of each park has clear images.

• back in Austin

Wow, thanks everyone!

I figured you guys would be able to sort it out. Yeah, the lack of new show buildings in the lagoon gives it away. I hadn't even looked at Space Mountain.

• back in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I know that Google Earth has updated their imagery (though not of the DL area just yet). However, DLP has really good imagery now. You can zoom WAY in and still get pretty amazing resolution. Can see individual people and almost the colors they are wearing. Hopefully they are still uploading all the imagery of the US.
    what did you type in to get to DLP?

Edit: never mind. typing "disneyland paris" got me to a golf course right next to the park.
    Last edited by RenMan; 09-13-2006 at 10:18 AM. Reason: addition

• I'm not really here

Didn't type anything in... had to find a "driving directions" on the DLP website an then find the roads on google earth and follow in to it. I can do it just zooming in by hand now as I can recognize its shape and I know when it is.

Here are the Lat and Long from google maps for it though:
    48.86527938653052, 2.7850341796875

Just copy paste that right into the google maps search bar and it will take you there. The large ring is DLP property. DL sites in the upper left and DS is to the left.

• Dreams do come true

Here is a thread that I brought up on the similar topic last year and when that pic taken, here is what we learned.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22633

• Disneyland Cast Member

Microsofts local live map server has newer shots. And each of the 4 shots (North, South, East, and West) are taken at different days. I think you can also get a clearer look at the MS site compaired to Google Earth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast