Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• n/a

Small things to improve DCA

Any small things you guys would like to see done to improve DCA?

Personally, I'd love to see a walkway from Flik's Fun Fair to ToT. When you're in that area of the park and you see the tower, it's so close... yet so far!
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Re: Small things to improve DCA

I SO AGREE!!! ^^ It just seems really illogical for them to not have one.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

I'd also like to see more vegitation... compared to Disneyland, it's really bare. Bring on the flowers!

• n/a

You're right, everything is rock there. Bring in some mature trees for shade too.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

^^^No I think they should leave it like that. I think they should make the plants hang over the fast pass area even more to make that part of the backlot look like its aging since it 'hasn't been occupied since 1939.' The improvement that I would like to see is to make it more Disney themed. The problem DCA faces is the fact that the park across the way is way too famous.

• n/a

I'm not saying a direct pathway. Theme it from Bountiful to the Backlot, a short winding path. I just hate the 1/2 mile walk to get something that's 15 feet away.

YES!

Iagree on the adding more Disney themed things in DCA. That's the main reason that I don't like it, becasue it feels like "anyother themepark." I'd like it if they added a villians area or something.. There were a lot of good ideas in some past threads talking about fantasyland. Add more Disney-esque darkrides to DCA. AND do something with all that water! It's prime real estate! Leave a bit of it, but not as much as there is now!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Understandable, but like it says in the ride its 'an abandoned hotel at the end of Hollywood.' Also, there is a service road for maitenance in between Flik's and Tower so it wouldn't be possible. It does suck though if you go see It's Tough to Be a Bug and then want to go ride ToT afterwards.
    Last edited by hollywood1939; 09-13-2006 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Needed to add something.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Understandable, but like it says in the ride its 'an abandoned hotel at the end of Hollywood.' Also, there is a service road for maitenance in between Flik's and Tower so it wouldn't be possible. It does suck though if you go see It's Tough to Be a Bug and then want to go ride ToT afterwards.
    What bugs me is going to get a fastpass for TOT, then walking out of the dead end to do things in the rest of the park....then having to hike back 30 min later.

Didn't they learn from Critter Country that it is bad to create these little culdesacs with E-tickets at the end of them?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

True but we also have to understand that, at the moment, ToT is at the end of DCA and there is a huge service road in between ToT and Fliks.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    True but we also have to understand that, at the moment, ToT is at the end of DCA and there is a huge service road in between ToT and Fliks.

That is just bad planning! Just because they built a service road there, does not mean that it cannot be moved underground! The dead end street of TOT is a major problem. It reduces the traffic flow to TOT because it forces visitors to go directly there. They cannot walk by the attraction. It also forces guest to backtrack quite a bit. Which also is a drag! Disney can fix this problem they caused. It just takes desire to improve the guest experience!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• n/a

If Imagineering can't figure a way around a little service road than they'r enot doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    Any small things you guys would like to see done to improve DCA?

Personally, I'd love to see a walkway from Flik's Fun Fair to ToT. When you're in that area of the park and you see the tower, it's so close... yet so far!
    The lagoons are practically crying for boats!! A 'Naval' presence would instantly add a ton of theming to otherwise bland and unsurprising pools of water.

Also, bring in some animatronic bears or something on GRR. That ride has almost no theming whatsoever.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• Animatronic

One small improvement might be to bulldoze those hotels and convention centers around the park. They really ruin the sight lines. I'd also bury the power lines.

Not sure what to do about Tower of Terror being seen from everywhere but where it should be seen from. It ruins the theme of half the park and bits of Disneyland, yet it's not see from the Hollywood section, where it really would have added some impressive detail. Talk about bad planning.

• Banned User

Change the theme of the park.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast