Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: What 3D/4D Enchanced Theatre Show should be created for Disneyland?

FYI.. Philarmagic aint just in MK.. not since a few days ago one year ago...

Hong Kong has it as well...

Though if you want philarmagic, find a way to make an opera house in toon town... it fits best there...

hmm.. star wars... brilliant.. but i would use that with star tours... and make 2 different movies.. they begin and end the same... but have something different in the middle...and use one film at DL and one at D-MGM

then let the other parks decide which they want.

Early plans for Star Tours did feature a 3D film in the simulators. Early tests had an unacceptable amount of folks puking their guts out...so that kinda killed that one.

Back then.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Early plans for Star Tours did feature a 3D film in the simulators. Early tests had an unacceptable amount of folks puking their guts out...so that kinda killed that one.

Back then.

]Ah, the advances of digital projection, and new technologies... it's possable now... esp. with the polarized lenses, and not those evil red blue ones...

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    ]Ah, the advances of digital projection, and new technologies... it's possable now... esp. with the polarized lenses, and not those evil red blue ones...
    I'm pretty sure they were testing with the newer polarized system.

The Star Wars idea is great. I would love to see that. Along with an improved Star Tours. If not that then I would prefer a new dark ride.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Bring back Donald Duck in Mathmatics Land - in 4D! Now that would make me scared of algebra!
    Minnietoo

• Zero Blockout Dates

FYI.. Philarmagic aint just in MK.. not since a few days ago one year ago...

Hong Kong has it as well...
    Doesn't Paris have Philharmagic too?
    Last edited by Uzmati; 09-14-2006 at 05:33 PM. Reason: spellinkg ;)
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• n/a

What about creating a super Star Tours inside the HISTA building? Either take the Endor Express shuttle or a Star Cruise to Naboo. With a bigger area it'd be a luxory flight, and thus a better target for the evil empire.

You can include a whole flight crew on the stage on the stage and still bring in costumed characters a la Muppet Vision.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Where's Disneyland's very own 3D/4D show that is unique to Disneyland in California?
    I never really thought about that. I knew the 3/4D attractions in DLR came from WDW, but didn't really think DLR doesn't have a unique one of its own...

I've suggested a TRON 4D for DL's HISTA. Similar style to TDS's Magic Lamp Theater & Universal's T2:3D. At some points during the show, blacklights turn on to reveal the glowing lines all over the theater and the evil minions come out on stage and surround you. Maybe TRON can hop on a LightCycle . The concept of TRON is still furturistic. And I don't care if it's movie-based from 1982. It's a good movie and has great potential in TL. Besides, there are lots of movie-based attractions that guests have never seen and some original attractions that guests think are based on a movie... bottom line is, it doesn't really matter if it's based on a movie. Some guests will think TRON is an original creation. So there.

Though if you want philarmagic, find a way to make an opera house in toon town... it fits best there...
    I've suggested demoing FLT, build new FLT more west and PM east where the backend of FLT was and mostly the queue/waiting area/snack/restrooms are. I think it could fit. Then PM would be able to stay open during fireworks. And Toontown Depot actually departs in Toontown- a train depot for Toontown Opera House/ Community Playhouse. And it'd be a nice transition with FL & TT.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I recently saw the imax movie Roving Mars about the Mars Exploration Rovers. There are scenes that make you feel like you are flying over Mars. Many people agree that a missing element from Tomorrowland is that old sense of adventure (instead of sci fi). With all the new NASA data coming in from spacecraft like Cassini, New Horizons, and the Mars Rovers isn't it time for Disney to do something like the Roving Mars movie in 4D? Flying over Valles Marineris on Mars, the volcanoes of Io, soaring over the Great Red Spot on Venus?

• Basking in birthday love

I was just about to bring up your TRON idea again, filmfreak. I think it would be absolutely perfect for the Magic Eye Theatre, and I would love to see it happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12