Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: What do you love most about staying at the Disneyland Hotel?

I will be watching for a report of your stay at this hotel. My grandson and I have already been discussing a return visit to Disneyland. He wants to return with his mom, and I. I want to be able to take him back, and he wants to stay at a Disney Hotel because they are close. I am sure you will report back positive things.

I didn't go into the hotel on my recent trip, but last year we visitied Goofy's Kitchen, which was fun.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Boat shoes all day long

I have a lot of reasons for staying at the Disneyland hotel. It seperates it's self from the other disney hotels as well as those more economical choices in the vicinity in many different ways. Here are some:

-The headboards of the beds are ordained in disney inspired art work...the only other time I have seen pictures on a head board was at a motel 6 in san antonio, and those pictures were very obscene.

-The wake-up calls from disney characters. This is especially sentimental for children, who, for the rest of their lives, will remember the time goofy woke them up in the middle of the night because of an error by the desk clerk.

-Neverland Pool, any questions? A fantastic place for relaxing in the middle of a "disney day", this pool offers more than what it seems. A lifeguard once commented, "I like those swim trunks, very flattering!"

What wonderful adventures await you and your loved ones at the DLR hotels!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

I'm not trying to rain on the DL Hotel Parade or anything, but I didn't find anything special about staying there that made me want to choose it over any offsite hotel. Grand Californinan on the other hand was much nicer and I enjoyed it more.

• Minion

We love the staff.

We love sitting in the concierge lounge at 6:30 in the morning, having our coffee and watching as the DL resort wakes up.

We love the clean, spacious and theme decorated rooms.

We love the pools.

We love the koi.

We love seeing Goofy in the lobby or around the grounds.

We love the atmosphere.

We love it at Christmas time with all the decorations inside and out.

We love the grounds.

We loved watching the Fantasy Waters show from our room or right in front.

There isn't much we don't love...
    Boo!

• Disney Gram

Mickey greeting me as we pull in the drive...the friendly and ever so helpful bell staff, check-in staff, housekeeping staff...the pool view, the DTD view from the rooms, pixie dust border, Mickey hands holding the bathroom vanity lights, the waterfalls, the Lost Bar, the pool, the short walk to the monorail, the hotel guest monorail line at midnight when I am exhausted!! The Concierge Lounge and outside elevator. The Princess Diaries Room...the coffee shop and sitting outside with a cup of coffee at one of the little tables...watching everyone beginning their day, happy and excited. The smiles and conversations with all of the other guests. Charging things to my room...having packages delivered to my room. And, the very fact that it is THE DISNEYLAND HOTEL...not a "Johnny Come Lately"...even if they are newer nicer...
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Hey... i'll let you know!
    I want a trip report girl, no morning pictures, acually no pictures of me at all this trip ewww !!! I of course I get to take lots of you scubabe and Anne

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    I'm not trying to rain on the DL Hotel Parade or anything, but I didn't find anything special about staying there that made me want to choose it over any offsite hotel. Grand Californinan on the other hand was much nicer and I enjoyed it more.
    hey get out of this thread! its for what do you love about the disneyland hotel !

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla View Post
    hey get out of this thread! its for what do you love about the disneyland hotel !
    Whatever happened to freedom of speech around here??? Disneyland Hotel - love it or leave it???

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Whatever happened to freedom of speech around here??? Disneyland Hotel - love it or leave it???

--Barry
    there is plenty of it, but this thread is..... WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT THE DISNEYLAND HOTEL" we just want to know your likes, not how bad it is or you think it sucks. this is my first time, and several others here, we want to hear good things we are veryexcited to be staying here

• Social Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    The first time I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel was on the 50th anniversary weekend. The desk person (Philly) could tell that I was excited about fgetting to stay at the DH, especially for the actual 50th... so he upgraded me to the 9th floor of the Sierra Tower which looks out over Downtown Disney
    Hahaha, I had a sort of opposite result on the 50th.

We had reserved a suite in the Sierra Tower overlooking Downtown Disney, but they messed up the reservation (actually, some Company Suits came in at the last minute and "stole" our suite). Since we had made our reservations so long in advance, and through a special VIP section at that, they "upgraded" us to a suite in the Bonita Tower, putting us on the top floor with balconies in both rooms of the suite. We were told we wouldn't have our requested view of Disneyland, but the balconies sold us. We were having several large parties over the 50th weekend, and balconies would come in mighty handy.

Well, we get up to the suite, and we can see directly over the Sierra Tower to Disneyland, with a perfect view of the Park and the fireworks, but also with a gorgeous view of the Disneyland Hotel grounds, and a location directly above the waterfalls, which serenaded us constantly.

We were able to treat our guests to two viewings of "Remember" from the balconies (with perfectly timed soundtrack matching queued up expertly by Evil Minion). It was the perfect Disneyland Hotel suite and a fantastic venue for our 50th Anniversary headquarters.

Ah, but I terribly miss the giant DISNEYLAND HOTEL signs that elevated the Marina and Sierra Towers above and beyond the rather dull buildings they architecturally are. I suppose I will miss them less when the entire hotel is demolished in a few years, but that will be cold comfort indeed.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla View Post
    there is plenty of it, but this thread is..... WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT THE DISNEYLAND HOTEL" we just want to know your likes, not how bad it is or you think it sucks. this is my first time, and several others here, we want to hear good things we are veryexcited to be staying here
    Trust me, I have loved this hotel since I was four years old and saw it for the first time in 1960. Just miss the signs, that's all. You have every right to be excited!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• I love this place!

I love just walking around the public spaces looking at all the artwork.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

No, wait I have one... The Lost Bar!! And all of the other cute Peter Pan things around there!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

oh I really ewnjoyed the lost bars nachos mmmmmmmmm !!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I have been told that Granville's Steak House is a must. I've not eaten there myself.

--Barry

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast