44 56.41%
  • Mostly Dislike

14 17.95%
  • Neutral

20 25.64%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

Ideas to IMPROVE DCA

I know it's a long read, but you can read it in sections on different days as I separated ideas into lands.

Keep in mind, I'm not listing what the construction schedule would be like, just listing what I think would be good for DCA. Let's just get right to it, shall we?

*SUNSHINE PLAZA/ TRANSPORTATION PLAZA*

1) I like the redo for 1920s entryway. Monorail track will be gone for its reroute. Transportation hub, new smaller Golden Dreams theater, and vehicles to take you to ends of the park I like. GD facade to look like Union Station or mission-like. Queue/waiting room provides photos, looping videos, displays, and models to the BKGD of what DCA is all about and what you can do.

2) Right when guests walk through turnstyle, they'll be right in front of the relocated "CA waves" fountain. In the "mosaic wave" will read "Welcome to Disney's California Adventure". On the back when you exit, it says "Thank you for visiting today, Please come again soon!". The backside MAY be more waves, or not.

3) At new transportation hub, have HKDL's fountain. That fountain really does scream out CALIFORNIA. I decided not to put a fountain in the esplanade because I've seen pics of HUGE crowds and special staging/ads in teh middle there. A fountain is not really needed.

4) Oh, the big CA letters STAY. They're great markers for families to meet at. CM use them too.

5) Shops actually selling model train toys in that train store would be nice.

*HOLLYWOOD PICTURES BACKLOT*

1) I think it's close to time for a new Hyperion show. Although I really like Aladdin, something new would be good. Something definately needs to be done with the waiting area and going up all those stairs. I know it's supposed to be like a "backlot", but it seems lame. At least have the stairway indoors and perhaps windows to look out.

2) The ever so popular TOT and Bug's Land connection. Temporary close it to allow backstage traffic.

3) Playhouse Disney become Brown Derby restaurant. Probably have a Jazz band and dance floor.

4) Disney's Animation's Close-up used for Disney animation music & sound effects exhibit. Have more characters choices to draw in the future for Animation Academy. Turtle Talk to be moved elsewhere (I'll explain later). I'd like to see either a new movie or darkride. Someone suggested the "Lilo & Stitch Movie Mayhem", that sounds cool, but probably change some of their suggested scenes. Someone stated there's lots of room in the back (southside) of this area that can fit a ride.

5) Extended Muppet queue converted to dining chairs & tables (mainly for Award Weiners & Smoothie customers. Someone else suggested this).

6) Muppet*Vision 3D converted to Muppet AA dark ride. I think it'd be interesting in the beginning, it looks as if guests are seated in a theater, but the penguin musicians open back, curtains rise, Muppet theme plays, and riders move fowards "going in the movie". Show scenes probably spoof popular movies with Muppet charm (I think this was what was rumored).

7) H&D restaurant maybe a Narnia AA boat dark ride attraction. Guests enter the prop department (queue). At the end of the hall is a wardrobe standing near the wall. It's opened up and you can go through it to Narnia (the space behind the wardrobe has mirrors to make it look like it's not up against the wall ala Roger Rabbit black hole effect). At the load station, you can see the lamp. Using EPCOT's Maelstorm boat ride tech (but updated ride tech & effects), the villains of Narnia come after you because you (or one of you) is destined to destory all evil in Narnia.

8) The outdoor show to be audience interactive participation with CM getting young and old to help shoot a scene. Drawn to Animation return to street show.

9) Millionaire building to be indoor spinning wild mouse coaster (riders facing away from each other). You're inside the tech, camera, equipment department and the production asks you to help test out some camera angles for an upcoming movie. You ride on camea dollys (coaster) and go around the dolly track to look for interesting shots. I'm not exactly sure what to theme the ride as. But this is completely original and non-movie/character based.

*GRIZZLY RECREATION AREA*

1) Condor Flats loses its minimal desert themeing for more forest themeing. This area can still remain as Condor Flats. Probably have to repaint Soarin's building.

2) Green Army Men mini-parachute ride. And a airplane/spinner ride would be nice here, but not sure where yet. This area is kinda small but I think its doable.

3) Construct wall so guests don't see the road that leads out to Downtown Disney.

4) All new next generation high-energy CBJ to replace Magic of Brother Bear/south Redwood Creek. Brother Bear reloacted to north end of Redwood Creek.

5) New path from Redwood Creek connects to path that leads where the old hotel guest entryway used to be on Route 66 area. Also new path leads to new family-friendly ski-lift inverted coaster.

6) This ski-lift coaster goes in, out, and through a new mountain where GCH's grassy area & parking is. It'd be cool to have it at one point goes backwards. This would be Disney's first "family suspended junior inverted roller coaster" from Vekoma company. This was the very first (http://www.coasterphotos.com/PKI/reptar.htm). But it might be okay without the backwards portion. Besides, I don't think there'd be enough room. This would be a good start for a kid's first inverted coaster and still a fun family ride.

7) Also a Raging Spirits type roller coaster goes through here as well. But the coaster isn't a mine ride, it's a gravity cart ride- it was historically used in CA mountains for transportation. Both rides encounter Big Foot. Not sure about having a loop. HEY, maybe do a loop & tight twisting turn around Bigfoot!! This mountain also provides a new continous forest view for hotel guests. Waterfalls a must.

*BUG'S LAND*

1) ITTBAB's extended queue to be WDW's Barnstormer/ DL's Gadget Go-coaster type ride themed as dust croppers.

2) New flashy entrance for ITTBAB so people know it's there.

3) Over Bountiful Valley Farm, construct water coaster type attraction (similar to the new one built in Legoland) themed as water irrigation. The fun facts about CA's farming could theme these 2 rides. MAYBE keep the water play area.

4) Of course path from Bugs land to TOT. On another post, they suggested a under the service road. So an ant tunnel on one side and highway man-made tunnel on TOT's side. Seems very interesting. But if the service road NEEDS to be there to have easy access to TOT side, just split the road with backstage doorways like between Fantasyland & Fronteirland. Close it temporary to go to the other side.

5) Plant some real vegetation. It was interesting to have the food growing. It doesn't have to be huge lots. Maybe a small planter, then force perspective the rest. It'd be nice to have real oranges here instead of a swinger ride to represent DLR used to being an Orange Grove. A fruit stand would be nice too.

*PACIFIC WHARF*

1) Chinese Fortune Cookie factory changed to indoor food & entertainment smiliar to the one found in TDS's that stars Donald, Mickey, Goofy, Chip n Dale. They have a 2-part show that runs one the hour for 1/2 hour runtime. Then 1/2 break, and goes on a continous loop. Food is seafood & fast food. Most likely fast food, though.

2) Interactive hands-on playground type ship to explore in the water across from the fish net photo-op. Entry/Exit on the parade route side. Similar to TDS's ship in their lagoon.

3) Inbetween the PW & PP bridges, have AA seals on floating piers ala San Fransico Bay.

4) Marachi band moved to my new "desert land". I never felt right with the band playing here.

5) I liked the Incredibles robocoaster ride, then didn't, after reading more, I like it now . Has good potential. Loacted south of Boutiful Valley.

6) For a potential big water coaster E-ticket ride, should be based on the sea/ocean-water based legends & novels. A cross between POTC & Sea World's Jounrey to Atlantis. Located south of current Pacific Wharf.

*SAN FRANSICO BAY*

1) This San Fransico will be themed to early 1900s. The "hub" here will be 1 of several stops for vehicles from the transportation hub. Also in this "hub" will have more themeing, signs, wait board time, and CA & SF flag pole. Dino sunglasses shack, and those things from there to Golden Dreams completely demo for SF.

2) Golden Dreams moved to transporation hub & converted as "The Palace of Cultural Arts" (play-on words to Palace of Fine Arts). This new theater will be a cross between TDS's Little Mermaid show & Circle Vision. Circle Vision used to to fly-overs & other film clips & slideshows (during performances) of a country. The idea is that CA is in fact visited and inhabitiated by people from different countries & come with different cultural backgrounds. Since CA is so diverse, this theater is a perfect location to showcase them. Every couple years it will change out to another country.

The always closed SF buildings on "bathroom alley" to be opened as stores to reflect what country is being represented in Palace of Cultural Arts. For example, in China, they have jade, cross-stitching silk art "paintings", chinese paper-cuts, games, clothes, etc.

3) "Cable Car Chaos" is similar to Mulholand Madness without the deadly final brakes. Except you have a roof (because you're in a cable car after all) and you zig & zag to & fro in & out of San Fran. A cross between Matterhorn with sort of darkride elements indoors at times. The queue is the Cable Car museum with spinning and twisting cables and giant wheels. The idea is after visiting the museum, you take a ride in the cable car, but after it goes to the top, the cable breaks or you car becomes detached from the cable and you go out of control. Located where the Dino Sunglass shack, corn dog, and other Route 66 stuff is. A real cable car sits outside for photo-op. Maybe more for bench seating.

4) "The Legend of Mulan" is at the end of the Chinese museum queue. Either ride a dragon or cart and take a darkride experience as you discover China's legend. Located next to the exit of "Palace of Cultural Arts".

5) I think a reader mentioned something about a "cliffhouse" restaurant that used to be around San Fran. This would be a great recreation and serve different cultural dishes. The outdoor patio seating will provide an excellent view of the parade and lagoon shows and the bay view in general. Located partly where Golden Zephyr is and walking/grassy area beside the Lagoon Amphitheater. And attached to the "cliffhouse" is a lighthouse. This lighthouse is open to the public but closed so it can take part in the night lagoon show. It acts like a normal lighthouse at night, but during the show, it's a spotlight! SFX are also built into this restaurant and lighthouse.

6) In this early 1900s San Fransico, a scientist experiements and researches CA earthquakes. Take apart in Professor Shakealot's (not really the character name, wanted to know if you're still paying attention ) earthquake discovery & perhaps pervention research. Not exactly sure how this will pan out. Located between Mulan & Cable Cars. Or between Turtle Twister/Talk & Cable car.

7) Atmosphere talent in the Lagoon Amphitheater. Perhaps with a rebuild similar to TDS's stage where center stage goes up and down like DL's TL Terrace. Talent skills such as silt walking, juggling, balancing, throwing, gymnastics, uni-cycle, etc. This type of talent will go great with the Paradise Pier backdrop. Maybe also partly focus on Chinese talents.

*PARADISE PIER* (excited for Midway Mania, HIGHLY dislike the "Toy Story overlay" for Pixar Pier, er, Paradise Pier. Rather have Victorian themeing)

1) Where GCH's parking is and current Mullohand Madness, place "Turtle Twister" here but with spinning vehicles similar to DAK's "Primeval Whirl".

2) Next to "Turtle Twister" is "Turtle Talk with Crush". The thought of having Turtle Talk part of the queue/waiting for Turtle Twister did cross my mind, but I feel it's best to keep them separate and add to DCA's attraction count.

3) S.S. Rustworthy should stay. So it's very detailed and a great play area. But the McDonalds, Moo Moo thingy, and cheap games must BE GONE!

4) In place of McDonald's, have a seafood restaurant. Such as sea food pizza and sea salt ice cream, etc... YUM. Oh, the 1st floor is indoors, and the 2nd floor is outdoor patio seating to provide nice parade and lagoon show view.

5) Replace Moo MOo thingy for Little Mermaid attraction. The show building will extend towards backstage and that road to Timon Lot (it won't be needed). The idea is it's an indoor Aquatopia/ Pooh's Hunny Hunt ride. Ride clamobiles with 3 in a group. Almost get splashed by water. When you transition from the surface to under the sea, you go through a water tunnel. At the climax, have a nice looking Ursula AA that explodes from underwater and attacks you with the triton. Tentacles crawling up around you. It'd be so cool.

6) The transportation hub's vehicle will stop & circle Trustworthy to travel back to the hub.

7) I DISLIKE THE ORANGE STINGER. Perhaps move this over inside CA Screamin's east helix (I think that's what you call it) and themed it more appropiate than a giant orange peel with bees inside.

8) Monorail station above the Midway Mania entry & game booths. I think it's possible. Theme the monorail's tunnel entry into Paradise Pier over the backstage area. Don't want guests looking at backstage. Although this might pose a height problem for parade and boat floats.

9) I know pineapplewhipaddict is dying for a disney tunnel of love ride and i think ismael from MI suggested the queue & load area where Mailboomer is and the show building behind it. But it's still possible for parade route & backstage to function normally. I think AAs similar to TDS's Sindbad boat ride would be good here. I wrote out what this attraction could be, I'll post later.

10) Probably more sandy beaches and rocky shores between Orange Stinger & Golden Zephyr. I guess Jumpin Jellyfish is okay to keep. Just make Green Army Men parachute drop different.

11) Of course we'd like to see lagoon show. For a day-show, a early 1900s (i think that's the time period) speed boat show with water skiers. Fun "accidents" occur water-skiers end up waterboarding. Doing all sorts of water and ramps tricks. Maybe fly a kite? Then the professor from the San Fran earthquake attraction comes in and reveals his latest invention: individual water vehicals AKA jet skis.

Then night time have a couple floats come out a little bit. Then mostly a water, movie projection, lighting, fire, sparklers, fog, lights, laser, and couple fireworks.

12) The parade storage behind CA screamin's storage to be converted for lagoon's boat float storage. And also storage for a Discovery Bay land attraction. The water channel is on the north side which turns left into the lagoon under the bridge alongside CA screamin launch. The building to be themed as a cruise ship.

New parade float storage built parallel to, I think, Katella Ave. Backstage road access out to Katella Ave towards east of new parade float storage and south of converted boat float storage. A GREAT easy access for backstage.

13) Finally a skyway bucket. One end is on top of CA Screamin's station- entry/exit from the north side where it connects to the pedesterian pathway. Goes through and over CA screamin tracks and twists to go over a station above the Little Mermaid ride queue.

*DISCOVERY BAY*

1) Enter from the PP bridge over CA screamin launch or the backstage door way between Bountiful Valley & Pacific Wharf. This was the planned Discovery Bay for Disneyland. This will be the land dedicated to inventors and dreamers of CA.

2) The big attraction has "La Brea Tar Pit" as it's entry fountain/queue. Continously bubbling & smoking and sometimes erupts with big splashes of "tar" AKA water.

This is from the recent read on Jim Hill of an attraction betweent the cross of JAWS, JUNGLE CRUISE, and DINOSAUR/COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION. This will all be indoors and as fast paced as JAWS. http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...8/18/5118.aspx

3) Golden Zephr has been reloacted to this area.

4) Another Jim Hill read of "The Island at the Top of the World" (http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...05/30/616.aspx) and "Nauctical Marvels" (http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...1/09/733.aspx).

5) I think a restaurant inside a "planetarum" would be neat. To have a domed ceiling projecting stars & planets, etc. Maybe the spinning sculpture ala TL Astro Orbiter/Dark Crystal would look cool in the center.

*PROJECT LAND NAME: "DESERT SCAPE" (play-on words to desert and landscape)*

1) Western River Expedition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_River_Expedition)

2) An Echo Mine ride inspired by "Home on the Range" runs here and sometimes connect with WRE. It'll be a spinning mouse coaster with guests facing each other.

3) I recently watched "The Three Cabelleros" hoping to see if something interesting could come to DCA. Well, it did. Guests take a magic carpet ride through the wonders and festive culture and atmosphere of Mexico- a great influence of CA. Either an overhead track system or using the trackless GPS system with the vehicals having motion simulators to simulate flying.

4) Mexican restaurant. Marachi band goes HERE. And probably a bigger festive show. Food & entertainment perhaps. Or keep them separate. Have a mini-round about theater (ala Festival of Fools).

5) Some of the transportation hub vehicles MIGHT drive through here and towards the new Route 66 land.

*PROJECT LAND NAME: "Route 66", Raditor Springs", "Car-Shock", "Car-tural Shock", or "Car-tural Experience".*

1) CARS Test Track type E-ticket east of TOT. Outdoor long tracks stretch from TOT area to H&D. Indoor portion is going through Route 66 icons & desert. Outdoor you are running a practive lap to get some "exercise" (like when people run laps). Outdoor track makes oval circle and figure eights until returning indoors.

2) East of TOT's backstage door goes to this new land but is able to continue to Harbor blvd (or whatever that street is, for backstage access. Probably also a good access if you want just a private event/showing at hyperion theater).

3) CAR's Road Rally. More with GPS figure 8 tech than Lady Bug Boogie.

4) Feature new, famous, & classic cars. Like Herbie.

5) Area has a 1950s motif.

6) Maybe a "Cops & Robbers" attraction?? I'd like a more family friendly ride option compared to CARS- test track style. (http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...01/09/733.aspx)

7) This land kind of transitions from the "Desertscape" well. Although I feel like more could be done here.

8) Transportation vehicles make way through desertscape to stop & circle out of Radiator Springs. Goes towards parade route and returns to transportation hub to make another circuit tour of the park.

OR transportation vehicles travel from hub through Hollywood, then east TOT gate into Radiator Springs for 1st stop. Then continue through Desert Scape and turn left of parade route to stop at circular area where X-mas tree would be. Then continue for 3rd stop to circle round SS Rustworthy. Back to X-mas 4th stop. Finally 5th & final stop at transportation hub.

That should just about wrap things up. So in the end we'll have Transportation Plaza, HPB, GR, SFB, PP, PW, DB, DS, CARS, BL/BVF, & Winery.

Oh, add DAK's Vine Lady around Winery so people may be interested to check Winery out.

Another thing, where Timon Lot's load station is north of DCA with the other east un/loading area is, convert to indoor/outdoor area for private parties, events, and functions. The limited time parking on the east side may also be expanded. And the outdoor track loops for CARS be backstage or private/CM parking. The private functions area may possibly have easy DCA park entrance from its location between new Narnia & Monsters building. OR go under CARS track to get to backstage door between CARS & TOT. OR just have an easy access to esplanade where the people can decide to enter DCA or DL. This private function is for the entire DLR. If 2 functions want to have the same date, one can be indoors, the other in the outdoor facilities. AND room can be made for DL's Festival of Fools area.

OH, during the construction of this new private function, use GCH's grassy area for the company functions. Then when that's completed, start work in DL's FoF & GCH's grassy/parking area.

If you read everything, congratulations. So what do you think?
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 09-16-2006 at 06:52 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Re: Ideas to IMPROVE DCA

ahahahaha way to go filmfreak

welcome to the incredibly long post brotherhood, finally i have found a second member lol

i will be reading ur ideas and letting u know what i think of them, but not tonight (waaaayy too tired to think clearly at this point), and actually probably not until later on next week some time, im moving so theres an aweful lot of packing and unpacking to be done in the next few days lol

but again, welcome to the brotherhood
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• out & about

I really just dont have this much time to spare. Good Luck.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• ...TWO BITS!

^ LOL. I figured a lot would be scared to even try to read this thread.

I kinda forgot to mention I'd like to see a double decker or if it even exisits, a triple decker carousel. Haven't really thought it all out, but it'd be cool to have it in one of the coaster helix. Instead of having that King Triton Carousel infront of Screamin.

Perhaps put HKDL's fountain in Triton's carouseul instead?? It'd probably fit even better here than at the transportation hub. Like having the, I think it's called, Los Feliz water fountain at the trans-hub. I'm starting to like this better.

And now there seems to be some conversation about Midway Mania's queue & moving eatries. So I'll think about that.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 09-15-2006 at 02:34 PM.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• It's all about Theme!

I love those Ideas and I agree! I highly dislike the Pixar Pier Idea!!!
    Let's have a petition thread!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Muy bueno!

Are crib notes available?

• ...TWO BITS!

Thanks for your comments and votes .

Crib notes, like Cliff notes? You could read about 1 land each day. I'll add a line of stars inbetween lands. I forgot that was my original intention

Some of the ideas came from here: http://members.cox.net/4sdowns/DCA%20archive.htm

Here's couple more things: The bigfoot idea maybe have the mountain be Mount Shasta or an original disney mountain. And the queue for either or both the ski-lift & "engineless gravity cars" involve Native American legend of bigfoot.

Perhaps for Discovery Bay, have Mt. Lassen contain Journey to the Center of the earth.

Paradise Pier hotel perhaps Victorian themed...

Instead of Union Station for Golden Dreams facade, what about San Diego's Balboa Park CA tower? I think part of Union Station themeing is already near the Burrrbank train. Oh, and GD is supposed to be like a "CA vistor's welcome center".

Mission facade theme for WRE perhaps. Or for "The Three Cabelleros".

Perhaps have a Golden Gate Bridge in "Cable Car Chaos", or the bridge has a "under contruction" look...

Perhaps Midway Mania's show building would leave room for the Tunnel of Love ride next to it. Then Screamin's west helix have the double decker Triton carousel and east helix Swingers/Orange Stingers.

Maybe instead of a DISCOVERY BAY and SAN FRANSICO BAY, change the name to DISCOVERY ISLAND or DISCOVERY ISLE. Mainly to show some name differences.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 09-15-2006 at 03:36 PM.

-Jurassic Park

One word:
    B U L L D O Z E R....

"They's two B's in basketball!"

• The one, the only...

I think you have a great set of ideas here. After getting the good ideas, the next step is to see how they all fit together. I feel that many of your ideas work. I would now like to see how they call come together visually. Sometimes it is difficult to comprehend this complex an idea without pictures. I think that the basic ideas for each land make them more exciting then they are now.

One of the challenges of DCA is that the space is limited. Unfortunately the original designers wasted a lot of space on cement because cement is cheap!! I really feel to get the most out of DCA one has to think three dimensionally. Instead of laying out the designs across the park, one has to think of what can go over (or under) another attraction. Walt Disney did a lot of layering at Disneyland. If you look at Tomorrowland, so many attractions go over or under other ones. It makes for a more exciting park.

I encourage you even if you don't have an artistic bent to figure out how to display the ideas. When you do make sure you do it was professionally as possible. Remember that pictures say a thousand words, but bad drawings can make any good idea look awful.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    I kinda forgot to mention I'd like to see a double decker or if it even exisits, a triple decker carousel.
    There are double-decker carousels.
    http://www.themeparkinsider.com/revi...mbia_carousel/

I think this is slightly incorrect, unless both Great Americas (Santa Clara AND Illinois) have this carousel. This page of tpi has a picture of it, but I think it's in Paramount's Great America.

Here's a triple-decker one:

http://www.funworldmagazine.com/2005...aapaorl04.html
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    I think you have a great set of ideas here. After getting the good ideas, the next step is to see how they all fit together. I feel that many of your ideas work. I would now like to see how they call come together visually. Sometimes it is difficult to comprehend this complex an idea without pictures. I think that the basic ideas for each land make them more exciting then they are now.

One of the challenges of DCA is that the space is limited. Unfortunately the original designers wasted a lot of space on cement because cement is cheap!! I really feel to get the most out of DCA one has to think three dimensionally. Instead of laying out the designs across the park, one has to think of what can go over (or under) another attraction. Walt Disney did a lot of layering at Disneyland. If you look at Tomorrowland, so many attractions go over or under other ones. It makes for a more exciting park.

I encourage you even if you don't have an artistic bent to figure out how to display the ideas. When you do make sure you do it was professionally as possible. Remember that pictures say a thousand words, but bad drawings can make any good idea look awful.
    Very well said.

filmfreak11, I really enjoy your ideas as well, especially your ideas on the San Francisco area.

Keep it up!

• The one, the only...

*SUNSHINE PLAZA/ TRANSPORTATION PLAZA*

1) I like the redo for 1920s entryway. Monorail track will be gone for its reroute. Transportation hub, new smaller Golden Dreams theater, and vehicles to take you to ends of the park I like. GD facade to look like Union Station or mission-like. Queue/waiting room provides photos, looping videos, displays, and models to the BKGD of what DCA is all about and what you can do.

2) Right when guests walk through turnstyle, they'll be right in front of the relocated "CA waves" fountain. In the "mosaic wave" will read "Welcome to Disney's California Adventure". On the back when you exit, it says "Thank you for visiting today, Please come again soon!". The backside MAY be more waves, or not.

3) At new transportation hub, have HKDL's fountain. That fountain really does scream out CALIFORNIA. I decided not to put a fountain in the esplanade because I've seen pics of HUGE crowds and special staging/ads in teh middle there. A fountain is not really needed.

4) Oh, the big CA letters STAY. They're great markers for families to meet at. CM use them too.

5) Shops actually selling model train toys in that train store would be nice.
    I would like to see the entrance moved toward Disneyland to reclaim some of that vacant space and to give DCA more of a street to walk down. I like the California letter too, but they could be moved forward from the gate.

I think that first impressions are so important. That first area of DCA really should look good. Right now it is hot during the summer because there is little shade. The tile does not help. It reflects back so much light. I would like to see more of a shady look for the street. Also the stroller store is no longer needed. What should go there? What kind of look should it have? I like the 20's idea. But I am not sure that the waves fountain fits that. I think that the waves fountain that close to the entrance is a little intimidating for little kids. It is also not much fun. Fun is a castle. Fun is a recreation of a turn of the century town with antique cars and horses pulling streetcars. The giant hub cap does not seem fun to me.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• ...TWO BITS!

Firstly, it'd be nice to have a nice calm boat ride that starts & ends at Discovery Island. Your boat circles the island and travels round Paradise Pier and back again. The DI boats pass through the water channel for the boat storage .

Awesome sediment. Now I know there's such a thing as triple-decker carouseul . This would totally be unique for DCA and fit feel in Screamin's helix .

JiminyCricketFan = amazing.

Yes, I did consider a Tomorrowland-esque feel, which is why a ski-lift & engineless gravity car attractions are in 1 mountain. And WRE & echo mine are together. Skyway stations on top of CA screamin & Little Mermaid & runs over boardwalk .

I totally agree about designs like that. I don't think Disney does that anymore so when they go down for refurb or 1 is broken & evacuted, they don't have complications. And probably cost more money. Recent attractions have been built for one. Not two or three. But it looks so much cooler. Remember Jungle Cruise, trains, Indy jeep, and Indy mine car concept art .

I'll agree with you about the DCA entry. This is the best I could come up with. The waves are there to kinda simulate your arrival to CA. To also block out the guest view of what's inside ala DL's MS train station. I'll also agree less esplanade & more DCA entrance . I'm not sure what you're talking about with stroller parking. I think I have a clue, but I don't look for strollers when I'm at the park .

I can safely say I do have an artistic talent. I think it was just missed out in the original post of putting what to where. I can assure you the artistic construction, landscaping, design, etc are all in my head. But looking at the original post, it's already intimadating to some who don't want to read it, or at least read it in sections. So not describing the more artistic side of my ideas seem to be justified. I will definately try to do another post in this thread descriping that. I'd even draw out and sketch what I have in mind. But I just don't know how to post it up on the boards- that's my limitation.

-Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

My idea: Turn it into a parking lot.

I'm kidding, I even like DCA.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast