Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• C4C6C

Re: DLR Admission 1-day / AP Prices Raised - Effective Today 9/15/06

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Well, if it's not worth the price, then you don't have to renew it.
    100% agree with you.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    I always use that color and font when I post anywhere here.
    But, it burns!!!!

I see your posts and think, "Oh, here comes Miss Angry Font again..."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sshhh, being very quiet

But, it burns!!!!
    haha..funny thing..just yesterday I was considering changing the colour...maybe I will now.

• Rock Star Minion

We'll adjust.
    I'll put on rose-colored glasses, so your content will simply disappear!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I see your posts and think, "Oh, here comes Miss Angry Font again..."
    ha! well if you read the actual content of the posts...no anger in them.

We'll adjust.
    I'll put on rose-colored glasses, so your content will simply disappear!!
    M'kay

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    ha! well if you read the actual content of the posts...no anger in them.
    One day your post will not be judged by the color of its font, but on the content in the characters...I have a Dream!

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Disneyland® Resort Admission/Parking Price Revision Admission Prices for 1-Day tickets and Annual Passes, as well as Resort Parking have changed, effective today.

Summary of Changes:
    Admission:
    1-Day, 1 Park = $63 ages 10+, $53 ages 3-9, $61 Senior
    1-Day Park Hopper = $83 ages 10+, $73 ages 3-9
    SoCal/Vons Resident 1-Day Hopper = $78 ages 10+, $68 ages 3-9
    Resort Parking:
    Cars and Motorcycles = $11
    RV's, Limos = $13
    Busses, Trucks = $18
    Annual Passes:
    SoCal Select AP = $124
    SoCal AP = $154
    Deluxe AP = $239, Senior, CM = $219
    Premium = $359, Senior, CM = $339
    AP Parking Ad-on = $59

IMHO, not as bad as I feared. Only a $9 increase in the Premium AP which was my main worry. After last months rampant rumors, I almost feared it would be raised to $400.
    So for the premium pass and parking - one would have to go 5 times (based on a 1 day one park) or 4 days based on a one day park-hopper. The non-driver would have to go 6 and 5 days respectively. Still a very good deal when you make this comparision. So then the issue becomes is a one day one park or park hopper worth $63 and $83?
    Minnietoo

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    So for the premium pass and parking - one would have to go 5 times (based on a 1 day one park) or 4 days based on a one day park-hopper. The non-driver would have to go 6 and 5 days respectively. Still a very good deal when you make this comparision. So then the issue becomes is a one day one park or park hopper worth $63 and $83?
    No, it's not. Not for me. Not for many others, I'm guessing. There's not enough time in a day to get one's money's worth, IMO.
    Seems that management thinks this is the only way to get more admission revenue. Heck, I'd like to see this one-day amount DROP (and all the multi-day PH's as well), so that the number of equivalent visits with an AP is even higher.

For comparison purposes, each person/family has to use their own assumptions.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    well when you look at a lot of the parks they are up there in prices.... Six flags is $59 Universal studios is $59/ $89 if you want the front on the line pass, Sea world $55 the cheapest is knotts at $40....
    Knotts reduced their entrance fees this past year in an effort to prevent further drops in attendance - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12919033/

IMO the other parks listed cannot offer the same experience as Disney - I would expect DL to cost a little more - we are getting more.
    Minnietoo

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    well when you look at a lot of the parks they are up there in prices.... Six flags is $59 Universal studios is $59/ $89 if you want the front on the line pass, Sea world $55 the cheapest is knotts at $40....

Well, as in the past, the others usually follow Disney's lead with price increases, so I'm sure they will be making an announcement soon...

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    IMO the other parks listed cannot offer the same experience as Disney - I would expect DL to cost a little more - we are getting more.
    All of the Florida parks use this theory to justify rate increases. "See? Look at the admission price! We've GOT to be better than the other parks! That's why our prices are higher!"
    In SoCal, all the parks seem to agree that DL is best. But DL's admission prices are pretty steep, unless you plan to go a lot, like, over once a month.
    That's a tough strategy for the other parks to overcome without subjecting themselves to it as well.

I remember going to SFMM and seeing their "Come back tomorrow for a dollar" ploy. Sure, that seemed like a pretty good deal at around noon, but at 9PM, the thought of returning the next day didn't seem so great.

• Rock Star Minion

Also, doing this in the supposed "off season" allows DL to offer discounts in some way now -- SoCal 2-fers, and what-not -- then stop the discounts when the suckers er, tourists come.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

OK, you all know how much I LOVE kids . BUT, Disneyland really is a great place for a family to go to for the day. But my GOD!

Say a mom and dad wanna take Billy and Sally to the park for the day. It's gonna be $11 to park their minivan. Then $126 for mom and dads admission, and if the kids are under 10 thats $106 for their admission. Thats $243 just to get into the park!

And you know those kids are gonna wanna eat so you figure $30 roughly to have lunch (if the parents have a meal thats say, $10 each and the kids each get something that costs $5 each) and then probably $30 for dinner, thats an additional $60 for just lunch and dinner, not to mention the usual snacks and drinks which can add say, another $20 (I'm being frugal too).

Then you know little Billy and Sally will want a prize so add on say, $50 for the two of them to get a toy or something and maybe something for mom and dad.

Grand total for this one families one day at Disneyland (not even a park hopper ticket) $373! If the kids are over 10, add an additional $20 to make it $393. And this isn't even with park hopper passes.

Anyway....

• A Pirate's life for me!

Thanks for posting the new prices!

At least now I can make an educated decision about when to renew our AP's.

The price increase was the only missing factor in that decision. Now that we know the new prices, I can finally do the math! (those of you that saw my earlier thread know what I am talking about)

Decisions...Decisions...

Either way, the AP's are still the best value out there. $63/day...OUCH!!!

• is on the rocks

All of the Florida parks use this theory to justify rate increases. "See? Look at the admission price! We've GOT to be better than the other parks! That's why our prices are higher!"
    In SoCal, all the parks seem to agree that DL is best. But DL's admission prices are pretty steep, unless you plan to go a lot, like, over once a month.
    That's a tough strategy for the other parks to overcome without subjecting themselves to it as well.

I remember going to SFMM and seeing their "Come back tomorrow for a dollar" ploy. Sure, that seemed like a pretty good deal at around noon, but at 9PM, the thought of returning the next day didn't seem so great.
    *nods*

SF was also offering a deal where you could get a season/annual pass for $69.99. DH and I are total coaster junkies, but we only get out to SF once a year, tops. And every time we leave, we remember why we don't go more often.
    She did it!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast