Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Re: DLR Admission 1-day / AP Prices Raised - Effective Today 9/15/06

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Also, doing this in the supposed "off season" allows DL to offer discounts in some way now -- SoCal 2-fers, and what-not -- then stop the discounts when the suckers er, tourists come.
    ha ha you surely jest! DL doesn't need to offer off season discounts - attendance is high - as long as enough people keep coming (and paying) there is no need for discounts

The marathon, choc walk, gumball rally and gay days have the bridge between the 50th and Halloween locked up. Then Halloween and the holidays keep attendance high - we'll have a little drop at the beginning of the year until spring break - and then a little dip until summer. However, during those dips - the APers and locals still keep coming - and spending - etc.

And of course when the winners start getting announced for the Year of a Million Dreams - everyone will want to come to DL for their free churros.
    Minnietoo

• Up is Down

alot of places are giving crazy discounts because their people count has been dropping a lot but with disney it has been going up. I do expect the other parks to increase there prices also. We get to see soon.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    OK, you all know how much I LOVE kids . BUT, Disneyland really is a great place for a family to go to for the day. But my GOD!
    Grand total for this one families one day at Disneyland (not even a park hopper ticket) $373! If the kids are over 10, add an additional $20 to make it $393. And this isn't even with park hopper passes.

Anyway....
    And that's why many families stay home.
    And that's why many families purchase APs and go very often.

DL has always been somewhat expensive for a large family to go to.
    In the past, there were employer-subsidized private parties or 50% off employee club tickets. I'll check my employee club, but I don't think it offers 50% off tickets. Maybe 25% or 30%, and to me that's still too expensive.
    I'm just lucky to have a silver-pass CM relative and go once or twice a year.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    ha ha you surely jest! DL doesn't need to offer off season discounts - attendance is high - as long as enough people keep coming (and paying) there is no need for discounts
    Problem is gate revenue. Many off-season guests paid for their entrance privilege in another fiscal quarter. Discounts get those local once-a-years off their couches.
    DL keeps offering off-season discounts for a reason. "Need" is relative. Someone "needs" to keep his or her job, which depends on amount of Profit.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Problem is gate revenue. Many off-season guests paid for their entrance privilege in another fiscal quarter. Discounts get those local once-a-years off their couches.
    DL keeps offering off-season discounts for a reason. "Need" is relative. Someone "needs" to keep his or her job, which depends on amount of Profit.
    So true - regarding APers - but other locals wait for off season to attend and pay (recall I said "APers and locals").

I think that's what the Year of Million Churros (ah. . . dreams) is about - attracting locals and travelers during the next year (the whole year). Many come in off season to avoid crowds - and now some may think to increase their chances of winning if they go on a lower attended day. So Disney is not offering a discount as attendance from the 50th is expected to decline - but is offering another reason (maybe not a good reason - but a reason nevertheless) for folks to make this pilgrimage. In a sense the money they could have used to offset a discount will be used for decorations, adverstising, and prizes (churros??????) over the next year.
    Minnietoo

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

This will be an interesting year. Even though most of us still think we're getting our money's worth, I think the average household of 5 is slowly coming to the point where they'll choose a place like knotts over Disneyland....or maybe just head to the beach. I think there is a limit to what people will pay to get into a theme park, and when that limit is reached, look out below. With the 50th celebration over and a new price hike in place, I wonder what attendance will be like this Winter. Last Wed Frontierland was a ghost town.

And....were the hours the same last year? I thought Disneyland opened at 9am during the week. Has it always been 10 am?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

What does Senior, CM mean?? Are seniors going to get a cost break on AP's and if so what age does DL consider senior?

Deluxe AP = $239, Senior, CM = $219
    Premium = $359, Senior, CM = $339

• Closed Account

Well I guess it will be a Lower Class Status for my family next year! Goodbye Disneyland summer visits!!!!!

• Up is Down

I am just glad the price of the Pass did not go up that much.

63 bucks! JEEEBUS! That is a lot of money for one stinkin day at the park....My coworkers and I have been trying to figure out where to go. I think Knotts just won out. Disney may have just priced me out of visiting the park.

• Up is Down

thats why knotts is slow low so they can get people.... its pretty simple. It is strange though because I went to Knotts twice this summer and it was pretty dead.
    Last edited by Sam; 09-15-2006 at 02:34 PM.

• :)

• Sock Puppet

Wonder when it will reach $100.

Thanks for sharing though. I need to start planning for my upcoming trip in November.

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Well, minimum wage is going up so chances are it will.
    I wish this was the case, but due to the fact that Disneyland pays their CM's (depending on which department) already above the legal minimum wage rate which is now $8.00 They still dont have to raise their pay.no beuno

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Wow... all I can say is ouch.

It's going to be hard to convince any non-AP friends and family to visit the parks now... I mean, $4 isn't a huge increase, but it's a mental thing. It's $63 now, before it was $59... not a huge price difference, but psychologically, it just seems like a LOT. Same with ParkHoppers... $79 sounds a lot cheaper than $83! Ouch!

Thank goodness AP prices didn't jump too high though...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast