Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Shaman of the Whills

Angry I wish there was no show or fireworks

I know, it's been said before, but I'm still frustrated from last night.

I'm sick and tired of being herded around like a bunch of cattle at the onbreak of dusk in DLR. The park becomes so congested that I just want to run off to the parking lot and leave.

Ideally, I would love to see certain, predetermined dates, that omit the show and the fireworks. Make it a day for the rest of us, who have seen the show and fireworks and would like to enjoy the park without feeling like I'm in an emergency evacuation situation.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: I wish there was no show or fireworks

I usually always leave before the herding begins....but then again, I'm a local.

You just can't have specific dates for the shows blocked, there are tourists who may be here for just one day....or a short period of time and they are some of the best highlights of the Park.

Cancelled due to wind conditions is one thing that can't be controlled, and unfortunatly the crowds are still there to manuever through. I always feel bad for the tourists who are here and don't get to see the show(s).
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Alestro Bakai View Post
    Ideally, I would love to see certain, predetermined dates, that omit the show and the fireworks. Make it a day for the rest of us, who have seen the show and fireworks and would like to enjoy the park without feeling like I'm in an emergency evacuation situation.
    You mean like during weekdays right now when there are no fireworks and no Fantasmic?

And really, for anyone who's a regular to the park, it's easy to avoid the crowd and congestion problems that might be associated with people leaving after seeing Fantasmic and Remember.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    You mean like during weekdays right now when there are no fireworks and no Fantasmic?

And really, for anyone who's a regular to the park, it's easy to avoid the crowd and congestion problems that might be associated with people leaving after seeing Fantasmic and Remember.

Oops, forgot about the "off" season, still thinking Summer. So go during the week, that should solve the problem!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

Easy solution, don't go to Disneyland. You know it's gonna be like that no matter what. I always manage to have fun with it.

i don't understand why anyone would get so fustrated. Obviously if you are someone that goes ften or has an annual pass it might be easy for you to say that they should eliminate the events that most people go to watch but its not about only you. I am sure that the person that only has time to go once a year or once in a lifetime would apreciate it if they had those shows.

simple thing is to plan your way around the park during these times. It is simple to do. Basically stay away from mainstreet during the fireworks or just use the long stretch of stores on mainstreet buildings to walk thru it and use the train to get from the east side of the park to the west side of the park.

Even if you were in tomorrowland and wanted to get to frontierland there are way around the crowds or like someone said just leave before its time for crowd control

Thumbs down Re: I wish there was no show or fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Easy solution, don't go to Disneyland. You know it's gonna be like that no matter what. I always manage to have fun with it.
    Exactly... I can't believe that someone would get so mad over something so simple as popular shows at night.

I *never* have had a problems even when the shows are going on. It's easy to avoid the packed areas, and if you just wait about 20 min until after the show ends, Main Street clears out pretty quickly, which is the POINT "herding" as you say (refering to the orignal poster).

You kinda answered you're own question. The *reason* Disney runs those shows is because of how popular they are. There's a much smaller number of AP'ers who live at the park day after day and have nothing else to do with their life, than there is of guests who LIKE the shows and don't need to live at Disneyland. Some people actually have a family, jobs and a life outside of the park. I know that might be hard for you to believe though.
    The park becomes so congested that I just want to run off to the parking lot and leave.
    C-ya later then!

That's one less person in line for attractions during the shows that I'm riding to avoid the crowds (whch you seem to have a giant problem with).
    Last edited by Wesley815; 09-16-2006 at 11:29 AM.
    -Wes

• The Fantasyland guy

Ideally, I would love to see certain, predetermined dates, that omit the show and the fireworks.
    They have lots of these days and they are all predeterminded.

The calendar at disneyland.com is your friend. Just go on a non-saturday and you will be fine.

• Banned User

I make fun out of getting through the crowds. My friends and I call it surviving the hub and we just get laughs out of it. If you're gonna be that disappointed and upset at Disneyland you shouldn't go, crabby people bring others down there.

• You Spin Me Right Round

They opened up the area backstage behind the penny arcade last night

• It's a dead man's party!

^ There were THAT many people on Main Street last night? I wouldn't know, I was in Adventureland during the fireworks.
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• Shaman of the Whills

Well, sorry I provoked so many people. I was simply getting into the "I-hate-it-when-people-hit-me-with-their-strollers-rant" spirit of things, I've seen here so many times before. I thought it's food for thought to think about if it would make sense to have showless weekends. Last night, being stuck in the masses, I heard more than one group of people saying the exact same thing. The tourists are a good argument, that's why I thought if those dates would be known in advance, they could plan accordingly.

That being said, I'm getting ready to hit DLR in about 1 hour... - on a saturday..., yeah!

Know that little walkway they leave between POTC, the lake and Cafe New Orleans? You know, the one that's barely wide enough to let 2 adults through? I'm planning to feign a heart attack there this evening. They'll be airlifting people from NOS to evacuate this evening.

Muhahahaha... (insane laughter)

Just kidding. My twisted sense of humor.

• no flash photography...

it does get pretty bad, but the worst thing is everyone pushing forward. If we could move faster we would...stop pushing me. Then there's the people who are either panicing or have low tolerance and they use the most colorful language the whole time. I just go witht he flow and I ave been known to ask peole to stop pushing me. I just don't like it. The last time I watched the fireworks I just stayed on the bench until the crowds cleared. I could not beleive how much trash they left all over the hub, but the cm's had it cleaned up in about 10 minutes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I like the fireworks because they always cut down on the ride lines.

My question is, does the Disneyland Railroad close down for the firework shows? I mean if toon Town closes down, then I would think the train would close down too.

• Lowering Expectations

^ No, the DLRR keeps running. I know because last time I saw the show a train went through IASW just as the Main Street segment began!

Magical coincidence.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast