Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Earth Intruder

Re: How are you going to deal with the "Year Of A Million Dreams" 15 month campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    We're going Christmas next year... and we're still going. If we win something... yay... otherwise, we're going to ride rides and enjoy it. I still think the whole idea is lame and below standards, but I won't complain if they want to give me something for free.
    Though wouldn't it be hilariously funny if they handed you a free churro, you took a bite, threw it on the ground, mashed it up with your shoe and screamed "your marketing campaign SUCKS!" into the dream team CM's ear at the top of your lungs?

(Or march into Rasulo's office with ready-to-be-signed resignation papers shouting "you may think you're so powerful but... this is MY dream!" just as you're tacked to the floor by five burly security guards? Then just when hope is lost the Ghost of Walt possesses Rasulo..... he grabs a pen... he signs.... he vanishes into a cloud of smoke! Now you're the hero to a million Disney Geeks all over the internet! Go you!)
    Last edited by Chernabog; 09-19-2006 at 12:46 PM.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Re: How are you going to deal with the "Year Of A Million Dreams" 15 month campaign?

I'm going to show as much cleavage as possible or maybe wear a tube top. Being a man, some may find that offensive but I wan't a golden churro. I may even be able to convince my wife to partcipate - I hear spandex is coming back in a big way.

15 months??? Gosh, just when the 50th is finally leaving, we get hit with this new slogan. At least it won't be ALL gold around the Resort!! =)

• For You!

I want the lanyard and pins!!!!

But, basically, I'm going to sit at home and mail in a few postcards.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Though wouldn't it be hilariously funny if they handed you a free churro, you took a bite, threw it on the ground, mashed it up with your shoe and screamed "your marketing campaign SUCKS!" into the dream team CM's ear at the top of your lungs?
    Oh dear oh dear.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

•   
    • Kerplookee

I will file a complain so fast if an uglier kid than mine gets picked by the Magic Dream Squad.

All I need is a son/daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Deal with it? I dunno. Curl up into a fetal position in the corner and suck my thumb?

It's just an ad campaign. I suspect sometime during its existance I may . . . go to Disneyland--which I would've done regardless of what their marketing department came up with.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Snap some photos, win a prize, poke some fun.

What other way are we supposed to "deal" with it?

It's just another marketing campaign. After dealing with 17 months of the 50th, I feel like a pro with never-ending marketing promos.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Considering I had no idea what this was till I went looking, probably just go about my day as if I still didnt know.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    I am entering via the US Mail...
    how do you do that??

• Long live the Fire Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    I'll basically ignore it, because that's what everyone else is doing.
    yeah, I'll do that
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• It's a dead man's party!

What exactly is happening with this? You win stuff...?
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Aniko~*~ View Post
    how do you do that??
    From the official rules: "Starting on September 18, 2006, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a 3"x5" postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: (i) if a legal resident of the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico: P.O. Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126; or (ii) if a legal resident of the United Kingdom: Disney Dream Giveaway, 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Participants may enter once per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked by December 31, 2007 and received by January 14, 2008 or they will be void."

Note also that you can only enter by mail once per day.

• Banned User

Well for 15 months, I hope its good. By around March of 2006, the 50th got really old.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I hope it's fun. I'd like to think Disneyland itself overshadows any campaign the park is currenlty under. I actually don't have much of a problem with the new campaign but then again I've just been a Disney Parks worldwide addict since last year. I don't have the history many of you have with the park. ;o)

I'm just naive to many but I'm enjoying this campaign for what it is. ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast