Question When Does Southern Cal Thanksgiving Break Start?

Does anybody know if Southern California schools are out the entire week of Thanksgiving or just part of the week? We are planning Nov 17-24 and hope to avoid the huge Thanksgiving crowds. We realize the park won't be empty, but are hoping that Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving will be do-able.

Any ideas on this??
    Last edited by molarman; 09-19-2006 at 05:09 PM. Reason: typo

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: When Does Southern Cal Thanksgiving Break Start?

I'm sure some private schools will have all week off. Typically it is just Thursday/Friday, but some districts have added Wednesdays as well. Everybody was pulling their kids out that day anyway to get a head start. (Now they pull them out on Tuesday to get an extra head start )
    A signature should go here.

• Silent Lucidity

Check out this calendar from LAUSD:

http://www.lausd.net/pdf/0607calendar.pdf

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Some schools have Thurs/FRi; some have Wed-Fri; and some are all week - and some people travel from other areas during that week to enjoy the park. Check the hours - when the hours increase - the park expects crowds - so if the hours are extended the whole week - then DL expects the crowds to increase the whole week.

I find the schedule is your best bet to predict crowds - shortened hours= less expected crowds and longer hours=larger expected crowds

DL has this down to a science - trust their findings.
    Minnietoo

• Princess of my own world

I know a few years ago my family went Tues-Sun Thanksgiving Weekend. Tues and Wed were awesome hardly any crowds. Thurs it started to get a bit more cramped and by Thursday night it was pretty crowded, same for Fri-Sun. We still had a great time and go to do everything we wanted to. By Sunday morning it seemed somethings had cleared out a bit so we were able to ride Pirates a few more times along with a few other rides. Hope it helps. And a good Thanksgiving Dinner that isn't too pricy is the Plaza Inn, right on the corner of Main Street near Tomorrowland. (Hope I got the name right, please correct me if I'm wrong)
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

This year Orange Unified School District has W/Th/F for break!! I don't know about the other school districts in Orange County. Cal State ?University at Fullerton (CSUF) always gives their students the whole week off while University of Cal in Irvine (UCI) usually only gives 2 or 3 days.

• Circle of Ancients

Yarrggh, our little sailors be out of school the day before the day of Turkey Eating ... yarrggh, but last year we set sail for Disneyland on the Monday before and it was overrun with lots of touristy type people.