Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    For now if anyone's interested I have a small video clip of the Leota floating crystal ball available to download.

Right click here and save target.

Cool clip...it's just hard to see the table since it's so dark.

• Tour Ready

Floating Leota Head Question...

For those who have already seen the effect, is the tiffany style lamp that hung over the sceance table still there? It had a spooky cobweb design and a small "L" for Leota...

(merged into the Haunted Mansion thread for simplicity)

Holy friggin' cow... its kinda hard to tell exactly how much its floating and how much its moving from the clip because it's so dark... but if it looks like what it appears to me... then WOW!

Thank you for posting that!

• It's all nonsense

So can anyone explain how they made leota float?? I'm really curious, just use the spoiler tags if you know.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfully
    Holy friggin' cow... its kinda hard to tell exactly how much its floating and how much its moving from the clip because it's so dark...
    It seriously looks like it does in the video clip. It MOVES.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    So can anyone explain how they made leota float??
    Spoiler
    She's on a dual cable that allows it to rotate and go up and down at the same time, similar to the blue "spark" that started the Believe! fireworks show. Her cables are nearly impossible to see. I finally caught a glimpse of the mechanism towards the end of the room, probably because my eyes adjusted to the dark.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Spoiler
    She's on a dual cable that allows it to rotate and go up and down at the same time, similar to the blue "spark" that started the Believe! fireworks show. Her cables are nearly impossible to see. I finally caught a glimpse of the mechanism towards the end of the room, probably because my eyes adjusted to the dark.
    Spoiler
    so she's just moving up and down on a cable while the cable itself moves in a circular motion or something?? is the video for her face coming from the cable she's moving on??

Thanks.

• Minion

oh man....i'm gonna have to re-new my pass because I want to see this so bad. All the changes sound awesome!
    Thanks to all that have posted websites to get more insight on whats happening, very cool and interesting stuff. My damn computer at work won't let me open the video with leota flying but i'm gonna have to check that out when i get home

i'm so excited

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    Spoiler
    so she's just moving up and down on a cable while the cable itself moves in a circular motion or something??
    Spoiler
    Kinda. The cable is connected to her in two spots - either side, near the top. It gives her very steady "floating" movement, and the ability to move horizontally, veritically, and even diagonally. She's got quite a range of mobility.

• Minion

now that is the disney magic that we haven't seen in a while

• Theme Park Advocate

Evil Minion, thanks for the video I am now even more looking forward to visiting the mansion (repeatly) this weekend. Having the floating Leota ball now gives more credit to the somewhat lackluster Haunted Mansion movie. The updated portrates, AA suit of armor and Leota are some of the type of updates that we as park visitors would expect from the old imagineering.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by alex-jmp
    Evil Minion, thanks for the video I am now even more looking forward to visiting the mansion (repeatly) this weekend. Having the floating Leota ball now gives more credit to the somewhat lackluster Haunted Mansion movie. The updated portrates, AA suit of armor and Leota are some of the type of updates that we as park visitors would expect from the old imagineering.
    These are the true things that made Disney great in the past. I hope they do this to many other attractions to come. I personally wish they would add even more effects to the haunted mansion to update it for the 21st century.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    One of the original plans for the 50th was to update some of the favorite older attractions to give them new spark. Flooding the Small World building up to the flume (like the Florida version). Updated effects for Haunted Mansion. Additional lift in the dark tunnel of Pirates with a splash through a flaming skull into the Pirate battle scene. Space Mountain would have gotten a new layout and theme. New show or elements for Tiki. But Jungle Cruise was to have gotten the biggest change. They proposed adding motion bases to the boats so you would have the effect of the rapids, hippos could charge the boat causing it to lurch to one side, etc. This would have been a fantastic 50th. We did get a few elements of the watered down plan. Who knows, some of this may resurface later.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

I wish they would expand The Jungle Cruise a bit. Maybe add another 3-5 minutes to the ride.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast