Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Smile Disneyland food question

So, as some of you may know, my dear husband and I are going to be in DL in November. I'm a planner and I would love to know of any Vegitarian choices (he eats seafood too.. go figure) in DL, CDA and DTD.

Thanks guys!!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Was it magical for you?

Re: Disneyland food question

Speaking as a fellow vegitarian there are quiet a few choices at both parks.At new orleans today i had a 3 cheese monte cristo , it was so good.If you vegan that might be a little harder,even blue bayou has veggies options, ok maybe only one entree.BTW, I grew up in antioch.
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    Okay I just have to derail this thread one more time because JCG that was not a bad joke, it was high-lar-e-us! It is a good thing I was not drinking something because it would have ended up all over my screen. This image of your cat, fully dressed, requesting a photo shoot (in an English accent mind you) just really got to me. Wow, I need to go catch my breath and maybe see what was in that bottled water I was drinking earlier...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I apologize in advance if I'm derailing this thread. Carnivore, vegitarian or vegan, the food in Disneyland sucks.

Really.

Look to Downtown Disney: Catal, Uva, Napa Rose, maybe RainForest for edible fare.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

We ate at the Rainforrest cafe once and had a handmade pizza thing.. IT SUCKED! It made us both sick.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Look to the left and you'll see that I, too, am of the non-meat devouring kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    Look to Downtown Disney: Catal, Uva, Napa Rose, maybe RainForest for edible fare.
    Far and away, it is also the best place for us herbivores. RainForest has some good vege choices, but Tortilla Jo's and Napoli and easily up there with a larger range of vege delights. LaBrea Bakery has some terrificly (NOT a real word) huge sandwiches there.

However, if seafood is an option, you have far more choices, including the Blue Bayou etc in the park. A few of the New Orleans eateries have expanded since I was last there, but there is a nice vege gumbo from the Royal Street Veranda that I was quite fond of.

An excellent site is this one, although I'm not sure how up-to-date it is:

http://www.geocities.com/vegetariandisney/

I should add that many places will adapt or make up something special if you let them know when you sit down for service. Sometimes you just have to plan out or enquire in advance.

Hope that is some help.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• It's a dead man's party!

I don't recall if they had this last year, but I know they had it the year before....at The French Market they had this fantastic vegitarian lasagna! It was a special for HMH. Hopefully they'll have it this year too and if they do, that might be something to try since you'll be at the park during HMH.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

I'm vegetarian, myself. I also avoid dairy and eggs. And, my favorite item at Disneyland is the Santa Rosa Corn Chowder served in the Boudin sourdough bread bowls at the Pacific Wharf Cafe.

• Shablagoo!

Someone pointed me to this website a few weeks ago. I'm not sure who or even if it was this site for certain, but it has the menus of most of the restaurants around the DLR. I have been using it to help make decisions about restuarants to get Priority Seatings at. I'm not sure how up to date it is, but it at least gives a good idea of what they have.

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/DCAMenus...nneradult.html

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    ...LaBrea Bakery has some terrificly (NOT a real word) huge sandwiches there...
    If I recall correctly, they also have a wonderful grilled veggie panini. (This was a year or so ago, though - so the menu may have changed).
    She did it!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Here one for you

Disneyland hotel Hook Point

Open daly at 5:30 Pm and close time it change depend no what day you go. the Place is on the winter time. ( 9:30 Pm or 10:00 Pm)
    Around this time of year you may just walk up and get a table, but hollday time get a PS
    Have grill sea food and one dish for you.

Now some inside shots

AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

I'm not a vegetarian....but wanted to respond to the comment that the food at DL sucks.

It does NOT.
    It's actually VERY good...for a theme park...one that does the business it does and gets the traffic it does, the food is excellent. It's pricey, but it's VERY tasty.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by ProfGriffin View Post
    I'm not a vegetarian....but wanted to respond to the comment that the food at DL sucks.

It does NOT.
    It's actually VERY good...for a theme park...one that does the business it does and gets the traffic it does, the food is excellent. It's pricey, but it's VERY tasty.
    I agree.

For the OP...try the ribs from the Storytellers Cafe. They will turn you into a meat eater

• The Duck Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Someone pointed me to this website a few weeks ago. I'm not sure who or even if it was this site for certain, but it has the menus of most of the restaurants around the DLR. I have been using it to help make decisions about restuarants to get Priority Seatings at. I'm not sure how up to date it is, but it at least gives a good idea of what they have.

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/DCAMenus...nneradult.html
    The website is mine and expect some changes in the next few weeks.
    judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

• I love loop jokes.

Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland has Veggie Skewers. I didn't try it (got the chicken and it was yummy) but it looked good. It would make a good snack, not a meal.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland has Veggie Skewers. I didn't try it (got the chicken and it was yummy) but it looked good. It would make a good snack, not a meal.
    Thats the worst deal at DL!!! WORST!!!!

I'd rather put in 2-3 more bucks and get the best nachoes ever!!! even as a snack it sucked!!! But we gave it a try at least =)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast